PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City, MO

snowbear
11-10-2006, 11:57 PM
If you live in the Northland area of Kansas City... and would like to start a knitting night... email me.. I live about 15 min from the airport. I would love to have a knitting group to share ideas and fun with.

Snowbear :X: :X: xxx

Sooze
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I am in Lawrence, and rarely get up in that direction, but I am not too far away, just to chat!
Nice to meet you!
Suze

brendajos
11-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I am pretty sure YarnMommy is in the KC area too. I am up in Omaha so couldn't do a sit n knit night but if ya ever want to plan a fun little yarn crawl or something after christmas or in the spring, I might be up for that! :thumbsup:

snowbear
11-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Let's put something on the back burner for late Feb or March. Maybe have a Saturday night together.. meanwhile have a great day, and happy knitting!!!!!

Sooze
11-26-2006, 01:29 AM
There's a place in Lawrence you all ought to see (waay too expensive for my taste..but it's worth a visit...Yarn Barn..

What's in Kansas City? Anything in Westport or midtown area?

I love Omaha (and Lincoln) area, what (great) yarn stores are up there?

brendajos
11-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Omaha has 3 stores, though one (Touche) I haven't been to since I learned to knit there. Small store and halfway across town. Just feels like I am driving to Ohio to get there ya know... :roll:

The other stores I love and frequent often though. String of Purls is my favorite. Bright colorful fun store.

Personal Threads is darker but the help is very friendly and they have a great selection. It is pretty small which can be a little annoying when there are others in the store but still...well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Bonzo
12-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I just joined this forum today and saw your message about living north of the river in KC.

Me too. Just outside of Parkville. Anyway, I'm new at the forum stuff, used to knit years ago (like 20+) and just recently started up again... its like riding a bicycle.

Anyway, this thread mentioned getting together some Saturday night in February? Right?

I'm not even sure if I'm replying to the correct thread. so bear with me. I saw favorite knitting stores mentioned, I really like Florilegium in Parkville, as well as Stitch Nitch in North KC. Then of course there is always Urban Arts and Crafts in Briarcliff.

dena
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I am in Shawnee, and I would also love to participate! A yarn crawl sounds like a great (but expensive) idea!!

abunchofus
05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi all - I'm about 35 min north of the airport!

where is "Stitch Nitch in North KC"? I haven't been there. I've been to The Studio and Urban Arts & Crafts and one other that I can't think of the name right now.

kellyh57
06-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey, I'm in KC North too (near Liberty). What a coincidence!

Stitch Knitch is in downtown NKC. It's on Swift, about a block off of Armour. The people are super nice there! Here's their website: http://www.stitchknitch.com/templates/System/default.asp?id=33941

Kelly

abunchofus
06-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks Kelly - I haven't been there! I've been to one in OP and to Urban Arts & Crafts and one other but I'm drawing a blank on the names of the other 2 right now and we're out of town! We're up near St. Joe area. are there any knitting groups that get together in the N. KC area?

knitwit628
06-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I live in Kansas City, KS... only about an hour away from the airport in KC MO :)

snowbear
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm about 15 min from the airport.

Would any of you like to get together for some coffee & knitting?

Thur evenings, Fridays, or Sundays work great with me.. I'm off every other Saturday..

SO.. let me know & let's meet for some K&B!

lissaplus2
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I live east of Kansas City. Would love to do a knitnight.

jenpolgar
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm NKC too (Leavenworth). I also live about 15-20 minutes from the airport. Would love to get together for a knitting group or hangout or whatever it's called. LOL

Jen

lissaplus2
08-24-2009, 01:58 AM
bump

BaumChele
09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Sergeant Bluff, Iowa here (near Sioux City)

boriqa3500
04-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Hello,

I'll be in KC next week attending a conference at the Crown Center and I plan to visit The Studio. How was your experience? Would you recommend checking out?
Thanks!

jeanlee411
04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I am in Lawrence, and rarely get up in that direction, but I am not too far away, just to chat!
Nice to meet you!
Suze

Let's put something on the back burner for late Feb or March. Maybe have a Saturday night together.. meanwhile have a great day, and happy knitting!!!!!

Microwench
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I live in Olathe, and would be willing to drive to meet Northland folks.

Think I saw some other Kansians reply here? Anyone in a group, or want to start one? Not too much work, we just gotta show up somewhere! :grphug: