pixiepurls
11-12-2006, 12:14 AM
wow thats neat.

cookworm
11-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Very cool!!! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-12-2006, 02:07 PM
there's a new book out called "Knitting with Balls" for men.

KatyKoolkat
11-12-2006, 02:15 PM
I just found out that my grandparents (granddad included) knit socks and mitts and all sorts of stuff, AND that my granddad taught MY dad to knit! My dad says that he can knit if he wants to, so do you think I should ask for a pair of socks for xmas?

KellyK
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I have GOT to check that out....

nonny2t
11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Bless his heart! He was mature enough to give up the booze and find another way to deal with his lonliness. I know that was the hardest thing for my husband when he was on sea duty is the lonliness. So many of the guys were out at the T and A bars getting drunk and Jack was on the pay phone (wayyyyyyy before the days of cell phones and email) talking to his family and at an on shore laundromat washing his clothes. He has one sweet gal and her young son take him home and give him dinner and let him wash his clothes at her house and call me. That was in Perth Australia!

I just hope more guys find that knitting is really not only a good hobby but a GREAT stress reliever!!!!

Faye

MrTea
11-13-2006, 10:06 AM

Hey, thanks for the tip, Hildegard. I just ordered a copy.

There is also this one:

"Men Who Knit & The Dogs Who Love Them: 30 Great-Looking Designs for Man & His Best Friend"

It is not out yet, but I pre-ordered a copy.

mulene
11-13-2006, 10:26 AM
A man who knits.. Yummy!

HAH at least he didn't have to rely on "socks for soldiers" to send him new socks - he could make his own =D

kemp
11-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Hey, thanks for the tip, Hildegard. I just ordered a copy.

There is also this one:

"Men Who Knit & The Dogs Who Love Them: 30 Great-Looking Designs for Man & His Best Friend"

It is not out yet, but I pre-ordered a copy.

That one should be good! I got to test knit one of the doggie sweaters for Annie. The co-author is a great guy named Drew...you can read about his manly knits at his blog http://blog.thecrochetdude.com/ Obviously, he crochets too :)