PDA

View Full Version : The Knitters Bible Errata

Chel
11-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I *think* I found an error in a pattern but would like someone more experienced than myself to investigate.

In The Knitters Bible, I am working on the Celtic Cable pattern in the stitch library. The last line it seems should be the reverse of what it is. Knits should be purls and vice versa. Am I nuts?

knitqueen
11-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't know, it looks right to me. :thinking: The previous row ends with a P1 preceded by a Cr3R, the last stitch of which is a P1, and the last row begins with a K2. That's correct. It makes more sense if you look at the chart, maybe?

Chel
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I knitted it by the pattern and came out backwards. I am not putting it past myself to make a mistake, but when I just "followed the stitches" and not the pattern it came out correct.

That was my first repeat of the pattern so I will be tackling the 2nd repeat tonight. If I encounter the same problem I'll know for certain.

Chel
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I worked on the pattern some at lunch and it still looks wrong to me. Granted I wasn't up that far, but still, somethings not right.
:shrug:

gardenmommy
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
My book says for row 16 (the last one)....

Row 16 (K2, P4, K2) 3 times.

I think this is the exception in the pattern for the WS (even rows) since it says for Row 2 and all WS rows, you do knit the knits and purls the purls.

Chel
11-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Gardenmommy, I don't know what you did but suddenly that darn row makes sense to me. :pout: I was confoozled.

I guess when I get to that row again I will just ignore the pattern and do what I did the last time. :shrug: It seemed to work out okay.

Not sure how, :?? but it did.

knitqueen
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Row 15, written out stitch by stitch (including the cables):
(P1, P1, K2, K2, P2), (P2, K2, K2, P2), (P2, K2, K2, P1, P1).

Row 16:
(K2, P4, K2) 3 times

I've put the brackets in row 15 around what will correspond to the brackets x 3 for row 16. It is ALL knitting the knits and purling the purls, as they face you. So I'm still not sure what the problem is....I don't see a problem with the pattern.

Chel
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Quite obviously the problem was with me.

:roflhard:
:notworthy:
You guys are great.