PDA

View Full Version : (OT) grease stain...

madametj
11-13-2006, 09:04 PM
this is totally off topic, but i just found out that if u get a grease stain is ur clothes, u can just put some shampoo on it and throw it in the washing machine...... it'll come out so fresh and so clean

just wanted the world to know :mrgreen:

brendajos
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't know about shampoo but dishsoap is the best thing i have ever found...makes sense since Dawn takes grease...outta the way! ;)

brendajos
11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
oh but i wouldn't leave it sit too long. i did once and it sorta bleached out the area...not white but it was defintely lighter.

Stiney
11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
And Dawn is animal safe! They use it to clean off penguins after oil-spills. :thumbsup:

madametj
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
both shampoo and Dawn get the job done. but dont leave it in too long as brendajos said.....that cant b good......

kellyh57
11-14-2006, 12:10 AM
My SIL uses a combination of WD-40 and Dawn and scrubs it out. She swears by it. I've yet to try it...

Kelly

brendajos
11-14-2006, 12:41 AM
yeah i would have a hard time purposely putting WD-40 on my clothes....i would make her prove it...lol

blueeyes28
11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I swear by Lestoil it works like a charm.

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 09:30 AM
I swear by Lestoil it works like a charm.

Wow, I didn't know they even made that anymore. Haven't heard that name since I was a kid.

Dawn does work well, but frankly the stuff SMELLS like WD-40! You end up having to rewash you clothes with detergent to get the smell out.

Have any of you used those "pens?" What a joke! I used the Tide one and it took out the stain but left it's own stain on my shirt that was permanent discoloration. I just went back to carrying a bib with me.... :eyebrow: :rofl:

losnana
11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I've used the Clorox Bleach pen on whites with good luck. Glad to hear about the Tideone-I have one in my desk for emergencies. Thank goodness I haven't had one yet, since it leaves a stain of its own. Guess I'll throw it in file 13.

brendajos
11-14-2006, 12:51 PM
i have never noticed that problem with the tide pens but i do have better luck with shout wipes than the tide pens. :shrug:

of course i may have just not noticed and will actually see small little white-ish dots sometime when i am not expecting it and wonder what they came from... :teehee:

MrTea
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I have recently found a truly great product. Dr. Bronner's SAL Suds. It cleans everything is non-toxic, bio-degradable and not tested on animals. This stuff eats grease for breakfast.

http://www.drbronner.com/drb_soapsandingredients.html

CarmenIbanez
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I've used the Clorox Bleach pen on whites with good luck. Glad to hear about the Tideone-I have one in my desk for emergencies. Thank goodness I haven't had one yet, since it leaves a stain of its own. Guess I'll throw it in file 13.

I use the tide pen all the time and haven't had a problem. It took coffee out of my white shirt and khaki pants the other day. Maybe it was a certain kind of fabric? Do you remember what the fabric was that was stained?

dustinac
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
I use Dawn on almost all stains.. I keep thinking I'm going to remeber to get a tide pen for the car but never remeber... :doh: