PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cardigan & Blanket: Finished!

sittenknitten
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Knitting for the new granddaughter (due any day) has been keeping me pretty busy, but now that these are done I'm ready to scoot down there for the big event!

The cardigan is from Weekend Knitting and knit from Hemp for Knitting's Allhemp 6. No stretch whatsoever and hard on the hands, but is is soooo soft after a run through the washer and dryer! Kind of a rustic sweater, and blue because I bought the yarn before we knew she would be a girl (and everything she's gotten is either pink or white, a girl needs some variety!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/herbgal/Knitting/Allysbluehempcardigansmall.jpg

The blanket is ALL girl, the Springtime Patchwork blanket from Total Baby Knits. Knitting the squares was easy, but boy, all those ends and seams! The crocheted edge was a learning experience, but I used a good reference book and it came out fine in the end. Knitted in TLC Cotton Plus, this one's also machine wash & dry. DD will have an easy time of it with these two.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/herbgal/Knitting/Allysspringtimepatchworkblanketsmal.jpg

gardenmommy
11-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I think the heart buttons make the cardigan plenty girly! ;)

And such a pretty blanket too!

sunnyreflections
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Very pretty, and I LOVE the blanket!!!

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Isn't it fun to knit for the grandbabies? I know my grandson (see my avatar) is going to think 3 sweaters for Christmas is lamo, but when I started them it was because my dh was on unpaid medical leave following his open heart bypass surgery and we weren't sure when they were going to let him go back to work so I started knitting stuff so he would have something from us just in case. My son and dil announced the end of Sept they were pregnant for the first time so I started in on that and I have a whole set done, started on a second one!

Your sweater and blanket are adorable and the baby is going to love it!!!! The colors are beautiful and congrats on the new baby! Post a pic after she is born so we can all ooohhhh and ahhhh over her!

Amber
11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Adorable! I really love the blanket!

Pixywhispers
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I love them both! The blanket turned out great! I love those colors and every time I see the picture I think "My baby needs one more blanket". heh.

Congrats! Let us know all about the new baby! Love to see them snuggled in your knitted love.

ae
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
absolutely adorable. the sweater is precious and i just :heart: :heart: :heart: the blanket!

Jan in CA
11-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Those are beautiful!

Mama Bear
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Very cute!!

I love knitting for grandchildren.

Mama Bear