PDA

View Full Version : eBay bought Denise's - problem fixed

lissalue
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
i bought some "new" denise interchangeables on ebay for $43.00 plus shipping. when they arrived it is obvious that the needles are not used, however the case is ripped and dirty. the dirt is not a big problem, but the rip does bother me. the seller did not mention the rip. i wrote to them trying to resolve it and they said by new they simply meant the unused needles. the only option they are giving me is to return the needles for a refund. i am happy with the needles and i don't want to return them, but i wouldn't have paid that much for them if i had known. my question for you all is, how much do they cost new? they are saying they paid $120, but iknow that amy isn't even selling her colored ones for that much. they did include a 40" cable as a bonus. thanks for any advice.

brendajos
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
uuuh....are they overseas? that is the only reason i can think they would have cost them that much. you paid about retail price for them. you can get replacement cases on the denise website i believe. i would be more inclined to go that route than to send them back. if they are telling you they paid 3xs the retail cost on them i wouldn't trust them to give you your money back.

check over their auction carefully and leave neutral feedback if there really is no mention of wear and tear.

stitchwitch
11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Ebay *shudder* :-x

lissalue
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
this is the first item i have had a problem with. :shrug: i checked the description again, as i did several times before emailing them and it says nothing about it. i don't really trust them either, not after all of this although they do have 100% positive feedback. :?? i love the needles though! i have already used them, so i guess i will take your advice brenda, and chalk it up to experience. :pout: thanks for the advice.

janelanespaintbrush
11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
My friend's ebay account got hijacked and he didn't even know it until he started getting disgruntled emails from people who claimed that they had been defrauded by him. Now I always check to make sure that a seller's account hasn't been dormant for a while, because those are ones they target. I'm not saying this is what happened with your seller, but it's something to keep in mind when shopping. 100% positive feedback doesn't mean anything if someone has taken over the original owner's account.

Another thing... unless the seller has already give you positive feedback, I would caution against leaving negative or neutral feedback for them. You put yourself at a very real risk getting retaliatory negative feedback in return. I know it's against the spirit of ebay not to warn others, but someone who is not honest in an auction is not going to have any qualms about making false statements about you. (Sadly, I know this from experience.) In a way, not leaving any feedback is a statement in itself.

I'm sounding very negative here, but I really do :heart: ebay. You just have to be a little careful. ;)

KnittingStardust
11-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I totally agree about being careful with the feedback you leave - they most likely will slam you. I had one awful seller leave horrible vicious things about me that were patently untrue, and I was told there is nothing eBay can do about it basically. When I started looking through the seller's feedback, I noticed that he went after anyone who left anything for him that wasn't positively glowing. Sheesh!

lissalue
11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
i had thought of this. right now i have 100% positive from both sellers and buyers, and i really don't want to mess that up, especially since i am not completely disappointed with my purchase. thanks again, ya'll are great!! :hug:

KellyK
11-14-2006, 05:00 PM
You might want to write to Denise and, without telling them the back story, just let them know your case was damaged. See what they will do or how much they might charge to replace it?

Yeah... wait until they leave you feeddback... and, I would go NEGATIVE, not neutral, with that. :grrr:

There is NO WAY they pd $120 for those needles. There ARE no interchageables that cost that much!! :!!!:

lissalue
11-14-2006, 05:17 PM
yeah, i knew they were lying, i just wasn't sure how much new ones cost. i will wait and see on the feedback thing. i can't believe all they offered was for me to return it. oh well, at least i got my needles!!

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
No matter what, you need to put an unfavorable feedback on them. If they didn't make it clear on the bidding that the needles were new but the case was not or whatever, they are selling items under false pretenses and you need to say something. That is what the feedback is for!

SabrinaJL
11-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I can't stand the way pretty much all sellers will not leave you feedback until you've left it for them. The way I see it, once I've paid promptly, I've held up my end of the deal and should get positive feedback immediately.

Stiney
11-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree, Sabrina. I won't leave feedback until I've received my item, though.

lissalue
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
it isn't really fair, how many people hold the feedback you leave for them against you. i don't think that is how it was intended. just an update, i emailed the seller and said:

i don't wish to send them back. i will contact denise about a new case. you way overpaid considering that they retail for around $50. have a nice day.

obviously i know they did not pay that, and now they know that i know!!
i am still going to wait about the feedback and see what they have to say about my email.

Eloewien
11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm having trouble with an ebay seller at the moment, so I understand the frustration. It's a seller I've worked with before, so I'm giving her time before I leave feedback. However, I paid for my purchase within an hour of the auction closing, it's been 3 weeks and the book has not arrived. First, she claimed she shipped it 4 days after the auction ended. Then, she said she had to wait until the next monday (about 8 days). Now, she's saying it shipped the day after the auction ended. I'm giving her until Friday- if it's not here, I've got to do something.
I just feel bad, since she's been wonderful with previous purchases, but I'm getting really frustrated! It's been over 3 weeks now!

Laura

lissalue
11-14-2006, 06:54 PM
i understand completely. it is really hard to take action if you want to maintain your good reputation there. there are probably a lot of sellers who deserve negative feedback and don't get it because of this. i agree, three weeks is way too long to have to wait, especially if they keep changing their story. hope it works out for you.

genden69
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
I would return the needles. You can purchase a new set. Every time you use the needles, you may have a bad feeling of resentment. Knitting should always be a joy. If you know you will have bad feelings, I would recommend that you return them for sure. If you paid through PayPal, you should be able to dispute and get your money back if the seller refuses a refund. You will probably be out the return postage in any case. It is unfortunate that some ebay sellers are not reputable. Most of us who have bought or sold on ebay have a story to tell.

lissalue
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
the computer ate my last post. :!!!: here we go again.

i got a response from my seller. i think the first letter was written by the husband and the new one was written by the wife because they were written totally different. anyway, they are now apologizing for my inconvenience, offering to help me buy a new case from denise, and offering me a free knitting pattern of my choice. i guess i shouldn't have gripped so much, but iwas just really frustrated and knew i could say things here that i couldn't (or shouldn't) say to the seller. thanks for letting me vent, and thanks for all the great advice. :happydance: :cheering:

brendajos
11-14-2006, 09:52 PM
looks like a case is about $16 on the denise website. I would offer to take a $10 credit just to play nice and move on my merry way.

janelanespaintbrush
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm so glad everything worked out! :cheering:

KnittingStardust
11-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Yay! :cheering:

It is a good thing you vented here and not at them. Glad it is working out.

nonny2t
11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
looks like a case is about $16 on the denise website. I would offer to take a $10 credit just to play nice and move on my merry way.

I agree and think that a $10 credit is very fair. Sometimes you have to keep at people to get them to be fair. I don't think it was unreasonable what you did!

Terrific! I am glad they came to terms with you. Who knows, maybe they saw this forum thread or heard about it and decided they didn't want the hassle!

momwolf
11-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I would of taken the refund and bought needles some where else.I would of left feed back as follows--The item was not as discribed and complained and seller gave refund. People need to use the feed back so other people are aware of what kind of seller they are dealing with.And given Neutral feed back I use Ebay alot and need to know about sellers.

lissalue
11-15-2006, 11:04 AM
the seller is going to buy me a new case and send it to me. i really love the needles, and now i get to keep them and get a case too. :happydance:

brendajos
11-15-2006, 11:20 AM
That's excellent...uuuh...don't leave feedback until you get it though...lol (yeah i am the master of the obvious! ;) )