PDA

View Full Version : Sacrf Circle &/or Friendship Afghans!

sugrplum499
11-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, here's a repost. If you're interested in participating, please lmk! Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

Anyway, the way it works in our group is that we have 6 people in each circle (we currently have 2 circles). For instance, I would start my scarf with whatever color or pattern I want. I then send it to person #2, who continues the scarf (it's usually about 8-9 inches per person). #2 sends it to #3, & so on. When person #6 finishes it, they send it back to me & I then have a 4-5 foot long scarf! At the same time #2 starts their scarf & sends to #3, etc. We only spend 2-3 weeks on each section, so we can get our completed scarves soon. It's pretty fun, I love it.

The friendship afghan is fun too. People sign up, then we all knit or crochet 6" x 6" squares that we send to every person on the list. Eventually all the squares are stitched together to make a big afghan Very Happy Or a knitted quilt, as my mom described it hehe

So yeah! Anyone interested?

feministmama
11-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I love this idea! :heart:

dustinac
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I really like the scarf idea but right now with everything I have to do for Thanksgiving/Christmas.. It would have to wait till after the new year for me :rofl:

sugrplum499
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
If you guys are interested, please let me know! I'd like to start working on this right after the holiday. Thanks guys!

sugrplum499
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
If anyone is interested in this project, please email me or pm me :) We just need a few more people to participate! I'd like to get this project off the ground after Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks guys!

sugrplum499
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
If anyone is interested in this project, please email me or pm me :) We just need a few more people to participate! I'd like to get this project off the ground after Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks guys!