PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Needle Inventory Chart

Binkyman99
11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
I am looking for a needle chart in MS Word or Excel that I can print out and keep with me. I am forever buying duplicate needles since I can never remember what I have!
Anyone have one to share so I don't have to re-create the wheel?
Thanks in advance!
Joan

Jan in CA
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM
:thinking: Interesting idea and a good one! I've never heard of one, but maybe someone else has.

Eloewien
11-16-2006, 09:21 PM
What size range do you want? I can make one up in <5 min as soon as I get home, and put it on my website... I'm thinking 000 -> 15ish and have options for DPN, circ and straights... perhaps short and long straights? Different length circs (16", 24, 29, 32, other)?

Let me know what you want, I'll build it. I'll even save it in multiple formats (word, excel, html)

Laura

Jan in CA
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Wow..that would be so nice of you, Laura! I'm sure we all can use something like that. :heart:

Eloewien
11-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I'll build it when I get home- I'm at work and the file wouldn't be able to go up yet, so I'll just wait the hour till I'm home. I can also make revisions once its up, I don't mind :) I'm used to spreadsheets, I build complex tracking spreadsheets for work all the time, this won't be bad at all!

Eloewien
11-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Go to my website- www.dragonwingarts.com and it's on the main page. Let me know if you want any changes or other formats. Right now, it's a PDF file, so hopefully it is viewable to everyone!

(Moderators- if you have any way to get this on the main KH site and want to-- go right ahead!)

Laura

snowbear
11-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Awesome Idea... but all I could think of.. was... If you build it... they will come..lol :roflhard:

Sorry.. Thanks so much for the great work.. I just had a giggle day...

kschmitz
11-17-2006, 01:40 AM
They showed an option on Knitty Gritty a while back that was cool. Take your needle guide and trace and label the holes on an index card. Make one each for straights, DPNs, and circs. Then color in the holes for the needles you already have.

Jan in CA
11-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Go to my website- www.dragonwingarts.com and it's on the main page. Let me know if you want any changes or other formats. Right now, it's a PDF file, so hopefully it is viewable to everyone!

(Moderators- if you have any way to get this on the main KH site and want to-- go right ahead!)

Laura

That looks pretty good. I'll have a better look and let you know if I find anything. Thanks so much for doing this!

Deeknit
11-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Wow, very nice. can't wait until it is in electronic format to put on my pc to keep updated. Thanks so much.

What about adding something for type such as bamboo vs metal? I have both. Would that benefit anyone else?

This would also be great to keep on my PDA. Oh boy, this is great.

deeknit

losnana
11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
What a fantastic idea! I'm always buying duplicates because Irun to my LYS at lunch time, see something I have to have, and am too impatient to wait until the next day, even though my LYS is about 2 miles from my office. Thanks a bunch! :cheering: :cheering:

Binkyman99
11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Wow! Thanks! I am off to school with my son for Take your Parents to school day and can't wait to get home!
Thanks so much!

Eloewien
11-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Wow, very nice. can't wait until it is in electronic format to put on my pc to keep updated. Thanks so much.

I've got it in excel format-- want that up too?

cheesiesmom
11-17-2006, 11:22 AM
What a perfectly simple and great form! I've downloaded mine!! Thank you.

:hug:

Deeknit
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes I want the excel format that way I can also save it on my PDA.

deeknit

I'll pm my email.

Eloewien
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Anyone else who wants the excel file- just PM me your email address and it will be on its way :)