PDA

View Full Version : FO: winter headband

candicane
11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Based on the GarnStudio pattern: Panta
I made some changes to the pattern to suit myself.

Yarn: Artyarns Handpaint Stripes color #105 (superwash merino)
Size 7 needle

I loved making this and already bought some Artyarns in color #127 to make another one. I washed this one on the gentle cyle in the machine (in a mesh bag). Let it air dry overnight, but stuff take forever to dry in my house, so I tossed it back in the bag and into the dryer. Came out fine! It is even softer now. I want a sweater made out of this stuff! The self portraits aren't great.

Candice

debb
11-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Oooh, I like that. I did a search for the pattern, but nothing came up on the Garnstudio site. Could you point me in the correct direction?

Thanks, Deb

candicane
11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
This is the pattern. To make it easier on myself this is what I did:

1. Measure your head. Subtract about 2 inches.

2. Divide that number by 10. This is how long each section will be. Sections 5-6 use the same number of stitches (this is the widest part of the headband.)

3. I started with a provisional CO and then used the live stitches to graft the ends together. I knit 2 rows of stockinette at each end of the headband. If the headband is too long or too short you can always use the live stitches to add or subract on each side to keep it symetrical.

4. I found it to be easier and more accurate to measure each section by row count.

candice

callmesusan
11-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow, Candicane! The head band is awesome. Thanks for the pattern. I'm going to make one up!

Amber
11-17-2006, 04:56 PM
That is so pretty! I love those colors!

gardenmommy
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Yay for toasty ears! :heart: :heart: :heart: that yarn too!

MrTea
11-20-2006, 04:55 PM
I can't tell which is cuter the headband or the freckles. :inlove:

candicane
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
I can't tell which is cuter the headband or the freckles. :inlove:

Thanks... blushing behind the freckles.

Candice

Mama Bear
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
It looks great! This is such a great pattern. I made one for my daughter.

Mama Bear