PDA

View Full Version : Never Knit Your Man a Sweater (Unless You've Got the Ring)

feministmama
11-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I love the title of this book! Anyone seen it yet?

slgn
11-17-2006, 09:31 PM
OMG no I haven't heard of it <looking it up> that is hi-larious! It doesn't come out until Dec. 30th. Anyone work in books who's seen a galley?
Itís just too risky to put all that time and effort and love into a knitted garment for a man who might be long gone by the time the sweater actually looks like a sweater.

ETA: I am going straight to my public library website and maknig a purchase request!

KellyK
11-18-2006, 12:54 AM
:teehee:

skNYC
11-18-2006, 05:18 AM
That sure is a very catchy title. A friend of mine knitted her husband a scarf but he never wears it. He put it in the back of the closet and wear some $5 scarves he bought from the cheap stores. That'll give those writers some idea of what to write next.

"Never knit anything for your man if he doesn't appreciate your love"? :??

nonny2t
11-18-2006, 06:15 AM
I have never knitted anything for Jack. He is not a scarf wearer. I think he would wear a sweater or a hat I knitted though.

My working title:

Never knit a man a sweater who always says, "my mother didn't do it that way"

(mine only made that mistake once! and his precious mother is no longer with us)

What would your titles be??????

Yarnlady
11-18-2006, 08:22 AM

Never Knit a Sweater for a Man--You'll Find it in the Goodwill Box :wall:

zazzu
11-18-2006, 02:27 PM

Never Knit a Sweater for a Man [end of title] :wink:

Vendie
11-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Never Knit a Sweater for a Man...but Go Ahead and Knit One for His Brother

(see, b/c my poor DH is the only one in his immediate family for whom I have NOT knit something :teehee: )

Momma_Jo
11-18-2006, 04:24 PM
"Never do anything nice for a man."

It always backfires! :teehee:

misstialouise
11-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Never knit your man a sweater ... When he is built like a Sasquatch (it takes up too much wool)...

hehehe..

My husband is 6'3" and built like the Great Wall of China... I might knit him a vest one day... but ... well.. maybe not.. LOL

Yarnlady
11-19-2006, 07:34 AM
"Never do anything nice for a man." It always backfires! I second that! :!!!: