PDA

View Full Version : KP Options

Braden
11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Can someone post pics of their knitpicks options set? I would like these for Christmas, and I don't know if the pic I see on their site is REALLY what I'm getting. Thanks

Eloewien
11-18-2006, 12:44 AM
I love my circs, but I don't have options yet... the cord has absolutly no coil- they are wonderful!!

Deeknit
11-18-2006, 08:30 AM
I can't post a pic right now, but what you see is what you get. I just went back and looked at the pics on the website. The needles come on a cardboard sleeve that labels the size.

The end tabs and turn keys come in 2 little plastic zip bags which I have left mine in.

I love my set. The cord is wonderfully non coiling....

I have also gone and ordered the smaller circs for sock and more plastic sleeves.

My only complaint is the needles themselves are not labeled for size. I have not purchased the needle sizer yet.

Buy it, you will not regret it.
deeknit

KellyK
11-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I second Dee... you wont regret it. I recently doubled my stash of needle tips so Id never be without the right size, or so I can do 2 sleeves at once... I LOVE them and I was never a metal needle fan until now. I was an Orthodox Deniseist.

brownishcoat
11-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I recently doubled my stash of needle tips so Id never be without the right size, or so I can do 2 sleeves at once...

40" cable and Magic Loop, Kelly! MAGIC LOOP! Repeat after me, "I doubled my tips so that I can work on more projects at once."

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

KellyK
11-18-2006, 10:45 AM
:oops: I dont like magic loop. :hiding:

And "so Id never be without the right size" implies that I always have several projects OTN, doestn it?? :rofl:

SandraEllen
11-18-2006, 12:32 PM
The only thing you see in the pic that you don't get is a second organizer case.

Jan in CA
11-18-2006, 02:01 PM
I want them so bad, but I find it annoying that they don't have a 16in cable. I remember this being addressed before, but I don't remember what the answer was..

lauraknits
11-18-2006, 02:21 PM
look at the stickie on interchangeables p. 36-37. you can shouten the cables easily enough. But, the shortest I was able to work with was 18inch tip to tip (the needletips are longer than a standard 16 in circ needle)

Jan in CA
11-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for that info, Laura. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and get Addis for those 16 in circs I love for hats! :teehee:

brownishcoat
11-20-2006, 09:58 AM
:oops: I dont like magic loop. :hiding:

I knew you were gonna say that! :blush:

I prefer it to 2 circs, because I don't get any ladders and there is much less tangling. And you don't have to worry about the needles falling out like with DPNs.

:heart: :heart: :heart: