PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Outfit

rpungin
11-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi Everybody.

I don't knit myself, but I thougth you would be interested to see this outfit:
http://journals.rpungin.fotki.com/blog/entry/srwkdstdqrq/

I have no idea who this person is, maybe she is on this forum?

Raphael

Quiltlady
11-18-2006, 03:15 PM
That was "interesting". :??

CreativeCreature
11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
That is very strange, to say the least. I don't get why anyone would make, much less wear that. I think it was crocheted, not knitted. But still, very odd!

Ingrid
11-18-2006, 07:39 PM
It's crocheted. No knitter would do that. :teehee:

humblestumble
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Definitely crochet, which makes more sense. Crochet is really easy to design into shapes. It'd take much more thinking to knit something like that. I wonder why they did that? And furthermore, do you think they have a job? Maybe it was Freaky Friday at work. :shrug:

it also looks like really itchy acrylic...

feministmama
11-18-2006, 08:57 PM
They didn't weave in the ends either :doh:

Stiney
11-18-2006, 09:06 PM
That's the Union Square subway stop down in the Village.

There doesn't need to be a "why." :teehee:

mwedzi
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM

sigh, crochet dissing running wild. need i remind you all of the knitted outfits for furries on ebay, which were essentially this but done in *mohair*? hmmmm???

obviously this woman is just really, really, really cold.

nonny2t
11-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Ok, now I have seen everything! Sheesh, what must her hair look like after taking the hood off! Just the static alone. My opinion is that it looks stupid, plain and simple and I don't care how it was made. She looks like some freaky alien or some special ops army person with no clue pink is Not an Army color! :rofl:

mks22300
11-18-2006, 09:55 PM
What the....!? :shock:

Ingrid
11-18-2006, 09:58 PM

sigh, crochet dissing running wild. need i remind you all of the knitted outfits for furries on ebay, which were essentially this but done in *mohair*? hmmmm???

obviously this woman is just really, really, really cold.

Well, there's one in every crowd. :rofl: :rofl:

snowbear
11-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I must agree w/ Ingrid. (Which is a very good thing, she is my hero). Crocheted. strange, and unusual. but at Union Station in NYC? I don't doubt it one bit.

Ingrid
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Lost a bet--big time.

skNYC
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Heck, she must have worn that suit to the "knit Out" in Union Square. I find it funny the blogger determined she was female from the shape of her lips :teehee: It's not very flattering if she knew that her body shape did not even give out her gender :eyebrow:

lissalue
11-18-2006, 11:01 PM
was it a compliment or a put down that he thought she might be on this forum? :shrug: :?? :shrug: :??

Ingrid
11-18-2006, 11:04 PM
was it a compliment or a put down that he thought she might be on this forum? :shrug: :?? :shrug: :??

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

lissalue
11-18-2006, 11:07 PM
thats what i thought!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Stiney
11-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Heck, she must have worn that suit to the "knit Out" in Union Square. I find it funny the blogger determined she was female from the shape of her lips :teehee: It's not very flattering if she knew that her body shape did not even give out her gender :eyebrow:

She knew it from the hips. And the body shape does give out the gender. :??

rpungin
11-19-2006, 04:22 AM
It was neither. I figured she had it custom made or made it herself, so perhaps the person who made it is on this forum, and if so it would be nice if they commented on it.

nonny2t
11-19-2006, 07:11 AM

He might have said lips, but was he really concentrating on her lips???? :rofl:

Jan in CA
11-19-2006, 12:35 PM
:hmm: :zombie:

I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone from this forum made it. We like to share stuff and no one shared that. And it appears to be crocheted.

skNYC
11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey Raphael:

Maybe you should get into knitting. It's real fun. My company offered a free knitting course in March and I got hooked since.

nadja la claire
11-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I think it's a cool idea, I guess, but I also agree with Ingrid, she must have lost a bet. Also the "suit" is very poorly made :ick: I would be very disapointed to find out that anyone from this forum made it.

Nadja xxx

skNYC
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I feel like teasing someone here, but I don't know anyone well enough to do that. *sigh*

Even *I* am not crazy enough to wear something like that in the public.

stitchwitch
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
You know people, I go out in public with one of my finished projects on and somebody takes a picture of me and everybody makes fun of me! Where is the love?!! :roflhard: I spent alot of time on that! :roflhard:

skNYC
11-19-2006, 06:12 PM
You know people, I go out in public with one of my finished projects on and somebody takes a picture of me and everybody makes fun of me! Where is the love?!! :roflhard: I spent alot of time on that! :roflhard:

You are on, girl.