PDA

View Full Version : Darn it, what am I doing wrong?

nonny2t
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I cannot be totally crazy! I am knitting this Beatles sweater. I am using a black yarn for the bottom. You were supposed to do knit 1 purl 1 ribbing for 1 1/4 inches from beginning ending on a WS row. Then change needles and yarn and k 2 rows, then next row you purl on the right side to do a Reverse Stockinette. I swear I cannot figure out what I did wrong.

I did my ribbing ended ws, then started on rs row and knit 2 rows which would be a rs then a ws setting me up for my rs purl row. I am including a pic of what I have done. As you can see, it shows the ribbing then a 2 row garter st then regular stockinette. Why is it not set up right?

KellyK
11-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I dont see any purling on the right side... :??

miccisue
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
OK, forgive me 'cause I'm a novice at this....but what does the other side lok like? Is it possible that something is messed up and the ws is actually the reverse stockinette?

As for the directions, working it out on paper, it appears that you've done everything right and what you ended up with is exactly like it should be (even though according to the pattern it's wrong)...in other words, had I done it, it would have turned out the same way. :??

Can you get in touch with the pattern designer and ask if there's an error in the pattern? I notice on a lot of sites that have free patterns, there will sometimes be a correction to the original so patterns aren't always perfect. :shrug:

Good luck....maybe someone with more experience than me can give you better advice.

nonny2t
11-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh good heaven's! I guess third time is a charm. I tore this thing out twice and it looked like the pic both times. After I posted, I made my bleu cheese and olive cheese ball for Thanksgiving then I decided not to wait for an answer and tore it out the third time. When I did it the third time, it looks correct so whatever I did wrong I did it twice! :rofl: Hey, I can say I am consistant anyway! :oops:

jhelanee
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Is it possible that you just mixed up the RS and WS? :shrug: The picture you posted looked to me like the opposite of what you were aiming for. Glad you figured it out, even if it did involve the frog pond. :(

nonny2t
11-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Yes, I believe that is what I did because with it being reverse stockinette, the stockinette side was on the wrong side instead of the right side. When I knit, I determine my correct side by where my cast on yarn is at, ie left side or right side and I guess just forgot which side was supposed to be which. I am up to the armholes and it is fine so I guess all is good!

Faye

suzeeq
11-20-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't keep track of which side the cast on tail is on anyway, so I just follow the pattern and figure out which should be RS and which WS.

sue