PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a pattern, please!

marifp
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I am about to start a drop stitch vest from the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation book (pg. 145 :)). It is a vertical drop. And my first clothing attempt.
I have to do a big square St st and then use this pattern when shaping the neck/binding off:
DBO2: drop next st, lift up resulting ladder, k into front of ladder, k into back of ladder, BO first st, BO next st.

I am having problem visualizing the red part. I don't know what I need to do. Can someone explain it to me, please? Pretend I am 5 :p

THANKS!!! :heart:

suzeeq
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
It's much harder to figure out what to do when you're reading it than when you have the sticks n string in your hands and can just *do* it. <G>

What you're going to do is drop the next stitch, and in the yarn that the stitch used to be, knit into the front, then the back of it, resulting in 2 stitches which you will then do a regular BO on. When you drop a stitch on purpose in a pattern, it creates a wider distance between the two adjoining stitches than normal, so when binding off, you have to make some extra stitches to BO so it won't be too tight.

sue