PDA

View Full Version : Book Suggestions

luv2knit
11-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi,

I would like to learn how to cable knit as well as learning to knit socks. What are good books for beginners? I can't always get to the internet or to my LYS so it would be good to have a couple of books that could get me started.

:D

KellyK
11-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Sensational Knitted Socks is the best sock book, IMO.

And, about the cables, watch the videos here before buying a book. Its NOT hard at all!!

janelanespaintbrush
11-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Here's another vote for SKS. I've borrowed a bunch of sock books from the library over the last couple of months, and that one has been the most informative and versatile, over all.

You might also want to consider Queen Kahuna's book (http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/crazytoesandheelsbook.html). It's supposed to be very detailed, which may or may not be appealing to you. I'd really like to take a look at it, but I just can't bring myself to shell out $25 for a something that I can't test drive (borrow from the library) first.

luv2knit
11-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks for those suggestions! I have watched the video on here a couple of times, guess I should just try it! Maybe while I am out today I will pick up a couple of cable needles to get me started. :teehee: