PDA

View Full Version : So it is official....

brendajos
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I have officially just started handing money over to my LYS. I had a coupon yesterday for the LYS so I went to see what I could find to use it on. They, as they like to do, keep the temptations right in the front door and yesterday the temptation was named Manos.

I found two lovely skeins of Caribe (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/ManosDelUruguay/SpaceDyedWool.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=6027) that just called out my name and I said yes to them. They hadn't told me what they wanted to be yet, but they did say that I should hold them for a while. So I did. I held them while I stood at the counter waiting for the excessively chatty lady finish with the two people in line in front of me. I held them while she chattered on for so long about nothing at all. And I handed them over to her so that she could ring them up on the cash register and charge my card for them. And then I left and went to the grocery store.

Went to the grocery store, got something for dinner, and headed home.

While the Manos I had held for only a short while sat on the counter at the LYS wondering why I had left it behind.

Because apparently I am now just paying the LYS for the privilege to hold and pet yarn. :doh:

Or maybe it is just an excuse to have to go back there again tomorrow and hold and pet more yarn.

If only it really WAS part of the master plan and not just me dropping my brain.

mulene
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
MM that yarn looks lush. I think subconsciously it was so you could go back ;) :teehee:

Eloewien
11-20-2006, 11:22 AM
oooooh that is gorgeous!!!

janelanespaintbrush
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Awww... poor abandoned yarn. It must be lonely without you. I think you'd better pet it extra tonight so it knows how much you care. :teehee:

kemp
11-20-2006, 11:48 AM
:roflhard: whoops! I've done that a few times but never with yarn :)

gardenmommy
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
You just must have been a bit tipsy from all that yarn fondling! :rofl:

Better leaving it there at the LYS than on the roof of your car while you loaded up!

HamburgKnitter
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Those darn yarn fumes again! :!!!:

I hope you got your beautiful yarn back! :heart:

brendajos
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
You just must have been a bit tipsy from all that yarn fondling! :rofl:

Better leaving it there at the LYS than on the roof of your car while you loaded up!

*gasp!* The horror! Yes at least I know it is being well cared for. :teehee:

stitchwitch
11-20-2006, 12:46 PM

Can you imagine?!!!! Having it blow off the roof into a muddy ditch?!!!! :waah:

brendajos
11-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Okay so the yarn is safely in my car now contemplating what it wants to be. The lady at the yarn store laughed at me but assured me that I am not nearly the first one this has happened to.

And I am a little surprised that Mintdee didn't go and claim it for me today! She must be busy. :shrug: ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-20-2006, 09:53 PM
:teehee:

DragonTush
11-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Ummm..yeah. I think it was your subconscience mind working to get you back to the yarn store. I simply can't fathom any other reason for leaving something as luscious as yarn behind. :shrug: :rofl:

Hilde..I'm stealing that snowflake idea for my avatar. Just so's you know :happydance:

skNYC
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I must have missed something here. I thought you handed the yarn to the cashier so she could charge your credit card, then what did you leave behind?

brendajos
11-20-2006, 10:29 PM
The Yarn

snowbear
11-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Its ok... at least you didn't leave your kids. Had a friend go shopping, paid for items, then left kids at store. (she says it wasn't intential,, sure, sure, lol) Met hubby at Mc'D's for premaid lunch date, and asked where are the kids? He actually started trying to remember where they were & if they were his responsibility that am, before they figured out what she had done. That, and both cell phones went off from the kids at the store where the nice clerks were calling parents.

She went and got them, and took them to McD's. Boy, has she had trouble living that one down. *oh the kids were 8 & 10.

No one hurt, the store knew her, small town. She had never done that before, and is still totally devestated 5 yrs later!

skNYC
11-20-2006, 11:20 PM
So Brenda, are you going back to buy the yarn again? It happened to me sometimes when the line gets too long or people chat too much, I ended up changed my mind.

snowbear: one time we went shopping in a mall; at the exit gates, the lady told us, the couple in front of us just turned there car back to the stores because they left their baby in a carseat in a store!

mintdee
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Darn it I was going to offer to pick it up for ya! Cause you know I am nice like that :teehee:
:hug:

Mama Bear
11-21-2006, 01:17 AM
:rofl This has been a fun thread to read!

I do agree it's better than leaving the kids. My mom left my cousin and I once by accident. I'm a grandma now and my mom still hasn't lived that one down! Funny thing is, it's my siblings that won't let her forget, not me!

Glad your yarn is safe and sound!

Mama Bear