PDA

View Full Version : Fair Isle Head Band

mwedzi
11-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Okay, so now I love fair isle. Figured I'd do something this time where puckering didn't matter so much. So I made this headband. I used Frog Tree Alpaca's "Merino". Much softer and less itchy for me than their alpaca (or anyone's alpaca, for that matter). This yarn in terms of softness and hand is comparable to Malabrigo, except in a thinner weight.

I used a motif from that Norwegian (right?) site with all the fair isle patterns. Size 8 circulars, 96 sts (it's a 16 stitch repeat). It's a tiny bit loose, but should be okay since I'm giving it to a man. I made 2 in one day (the first one I forgot to put a garter stitch edge so it curls), from just one ball of each color and there's still enough left that I could probably squeeze a child size one out of the remainder.

Amber
11-20-2006, 02:43 PM
That is really pretty!

gardenmommy
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Awesome! :cheering:

Jan in CA
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
That is so pretty and it looks like it'll keep your ears nice and warm!

mwedzi
11-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks, folks. I just got the opinion from a guy that he wouldn't wear it, but would be more inclined to wear it if it were a hat. Maybe I'll just keep it for myself and give the guy some socks.

Quiltlady
11-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Oh that came out beautiful. You did a wonderful job! :happydance:

pug
11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
mwedzi, Your sweater is beautiful. I have been wanting to try fair isle and you inspired me. I went to the website philospherwool.com that someone posted in your last thread and I am acutally managing to make a practice swatch that looks like fair isle. Going to practice some more, then try a scarf or hat before attempting a sweater. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mama Bear
11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
It looks great! Love the colors too.

Mama Bear