PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fit Fingerless Mitts...with Fingers ;)

Angelia
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
They're plain, but they fit perfectly and are oh-so-cozy! It's finally getting chilly here in Alabama, so now my hands can be warm and happy!

I used this (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/mittens/mitts-to-fit.html) pattern and added fingers (I can't type while wearing fingerless mitts). They're knit in Rowan Felted Tweed.

Mama Bear
11-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, those look so cozy! How did you like the Rowan Tweed? I'm wondering how the cashsoft I used will hold up longterm.

Mama Bear

Angelia
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I love the Rowan Felted Tweed. It has the strangest feel--it's rough at first, but then starts to feel really soft.

I've never used Cashsoft, so I've no idea about its durability. It feels divine, I know that!

Amber
11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Ooooh, those are pretty!! What color is that?

I recently made myself some Knucks from Felted Tweed -- I love that yarn. I think it's really soft!! :heart:

Angelia
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks, Amber! I've no idea what color it is--the label doesn't say. Judging by the color names on the Rowan site, I'm guessing it's Pickle! I also have one ball each of Ginger and Rage; I'm making Knucks with them--some sort of fair isle thing.

Jan in CA
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Those are beautiful, Angelia! No need for those here though..it was in the mid 80's yesterday. :teehee:

jdee
11-21-2006, 02:40 PM
I love them!! I'm still fairly new to knitting, and I wouldn't know how to make fingers, unless they were in the pattern. YOu're very talented.

Jessica
11-21-2006, 04:44 PM
oooohhhh, so pretty, I love green.

I want a pair :pout:

Angelia
11-21-2006, 08:57 PM
80s Jan?! Eep! After enduring 90+ heat for about four months, I'm so happy it's finally cold!

Jdee all you have to do is count the number of stitches left, divide for the four fingers, then cast on a few more for the in-between-fingers bits. It sounds horribly complicated, but it isn't!

Knit yourself a pair, Jessica! They're really fast, too, esp. if you knit them plain.

zkimom
11-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I love them! And I am so impressed that you added fingers :cheering: Making my first pair of fetchings taught that fingers aren't as daunting as I first imagined (and so I may even try a pair of gloves next.)

Thanks for the link to the pattern -- my soon to be 12 year old ds wants a pair of fingerless mitts and I have just enough bulky alpaca left from another project to make him a pair now.

Hope your Thanksgiving was all you wanted it to be.

Susan (whose family voted down Turkey in favor of ham!) :shrug:

Andrea
11-24-2006, 02:24 PM
They are beautiful, Ang. :heart:

:teehee:

Jan in CA
11-24-2006, 02:34 PM
80s Jan?! Eep! After enduring 90+ heat for about four months, I'm so happy it's finally cold!

:teehee: Well, it is a dry heat here for the most part so it was beautiful. It's been cool that last few days though...cool enough for a sweater! :happydance:

itscryttle
11-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Those are SO cute! I need to make my mom a pair of those. :??