PDA

View Full Version : WIP - One-of-a-Kind Throw

Evelynne
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
This is not quite an FO. The knitting part is done, but now I have to sit down and sew all the ends into the throw so I am calling it a WIP (if there is a thread that exists on this forum which provides good tips on how to finish this smoothly, please advise!). This is my first throw.

This was a kit from Dragonpine Designs, an in-house pattern design company at my local knitting shop, London Yarns, in London (Hyde Park), Ontario. http://www.londonyarns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=106

Each kit has been specially hand-picked and arranged in a gorgeous array of colour and texture to delight the senses! I purchased "Greenleaves" and following the Scallops pattern included, the yarns in this afghan are : Mission Falls wool, Ara, Galaxy, Daina, Evita, Philosophers, Mohair "Green" and Mohair "Grey/Green." The instructions call for adding strands at each end using the leftover yarn, but I like the Lion Brand scalloped edging so much as it, I do not think I will add fringes. Instead, I am going to use the leftover yarn to create a funky matching pillow.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/wildturkeyhunter/000_0209.jpg

I also purchased a kit called "Amber" which has all gold and brown coloured yarns in it - I have started it, but do not have enough knitted to show online just yet.

Cheers!

Evelynne

losnana
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Beautiful!! :cheering: :cheering:

Jeep_Girl
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
that is really pretty!

gardenmommy
11-22-2006, 10:31 AM
That's gorgeous! It reminds me of looking at a landscape from an airplane window.

Pixywhispers
11-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I love it! It looks like a fun knit.

aineepooh1
11-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Beautiful colorway!!Great Job!!

Mama Bear
11-23-2006, 01:21 PM
You have been busy! It looks great.

Knitty.com has an article in it's archives on weaving in ends that I found very useful.

Mama Bear

Evelynne
11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank you for your positive feedback, everyone! Much appreciated! It was fun to knit which is why I started the colourful one for myself. This is a Christmas present for my best friend.

Mama Bear, thank you for the reference to knitty.com. I found the archived article, and just printed it out. Hopefully this project will be a FO rather than WIP once I sew in the ends! :happydance:

Evelynne

mks22300
11-23-2006, 07:29 PM
I love the colours!

Jan in CA
11-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Are you selling these kits? You posted about this same throw in this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21628) thread.

Evelynne
11-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I do not sell the kits, but my local yarn store does. I wasn't sure how much information to post about it as per the moderators instructions so I added the store's link in case anyone was interested in the kits. Because I liked the effect so much, I collected different yarns and created one for myself from scratch, using the kit as a guide.

I only saw the second post today as a result of your post. I recall having weirdness with the computer the night I posted it so I must have posted it "2x" accidentally.

Evelynne