PDA

View Full Version : Favorite lacey but simple shawls? Mohair?

VictoiseC
11-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Well I like Shandeh's lace scarf she just posted so much, I might make that but, I also want something very open and light. And rectangular not v-shaped.

I have some brown mohair (is that a waste being it's just chocolate brown?)
that I tried swatching and it's so thick and heavy, nothing like it looks on the skein. I'd have to use BIG needles with it. And is it also a waste to do a lace pattern with mohair coz you won't see it? I think maybe so?

I know there were so many posts over the past year or two about different shawls, the leaf one or something. Just wondered what your favorites are.
Not too complicated.

Castle
11-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I used a very thick 100% mohair for this lace ponco that I think turned out gorgeous (if I do say so myself LOL). I'm totally jealous I knit it as a gift. I want to keep it for myself! It's knit as just a big rectangle. The pattern is here: http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/web_projects/Poncho_staff_instructions.pdf

Cherinec5
11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
oooh thats so pretty!!! My MIL sent me like 15 skeins of a mohair wool blend and i had NO idea what to make with it! now i know :cheering:

VictoiseC
11-30-2006, 10:33 AM
OH! I forgot to come back and check this out... I didn't notice my email for it. Anyhow! I do like that pattern a lot. Did you keep it!? What a gift to get wow. Going to go read the pattern. Thanks much!