View Full Version : Favorite lacey but simple shawls? Mohair?

11-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Well I like Shandeh's lace scarf she just posted so much, I might make that but, I also want something very open and light. And rectangular not v-shaped.

I have some brown mohair (is that a waste being it's just chocolate brown?)
that I tried swatching and it's so thick and heavy, nothing like it looks on the skein. I'd have to use BIG needles with it. And is it also a waste to do a lace pattern with mohair coz you won't see it? I think maybe so?

I know there were so many posts over the past year or two about different shawls, the leaf one or something. Just wondered what your favorites are.
Not too complicated.

11-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I used a very thick 100% mohair for this lace ponco that I think turned out gorgeous (if I do say so myself LOL). I'm totally jealous I knit it as a gift. I want to keep it for myself! It's knit as just a big rectangle. The pattern is here: http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/web_projects/Poncho_staff_instructions.pdf

11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
oooh thats so pretty!!! My MIL sent me like 15 skeins of a mohair wool blend and i had NO idea what to make with it! now i know :cheering:

11-30-2006, 10:33 AM
OH! I forgot to come back and check this out... I didn't notice my email for it. Anyhow! I do like that pattern a lot. Did you keep it!? What a gift to get wow. Going to go read the pattern. Thanks much!