PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 3 balls of Noro Silk Garden?

catownedanna
11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Vad ska jag sticka av mitt Noro-garn?" = "What should I knit with my Noro-yarn?"
_____

I bought three balls of Noro Silk Garden the other day and now I'd :heart: to see what you suggest I'll do with it!

What's your favourite pattern for showing the loveliness of Noro-yarn?

knit-errant
11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm making an entrelac scarf using this pattern (http://www.allisonknits.com/archives/2006/10/another_finishe.html) as a guideline. I'm making my scarf a bit thinner, with smaller (6 stitch) squares. I think mine will end up using 3 balls.

shannon2108
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I made Sally Melville's "Shape-it Scarf" using silk garden. It is in her first knit book. It comes out slightly smaller than hers that uses bulky, but it is plenty big and looks great!

shannon2108
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I made Sally Melville's "Shape-it Scarf" using silk garden. It is in her first knit book. It comes out slightly smaller than hers that uses bulky, but it is plenty big and looks great!

catownedanna
11-29-2006, 06:25 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag har börjat!" = "I've started!"
_____

:hug: Thanks for the feedback! I've had my eyes on that entrelac scarf and just needed a push to get myself working. I was worried the scarf would turn out too short with only three skeins... Should've thought of narrowing the squares! :wall: :doh: Guess I didn't feel like being too adventurous on my first attempt at entrelac!

That Sally Melville scarf looks beautiful! I'll put it on my will-knit-someday-list!