PDA

View Full Version : Ruffled Roses Scarf

stefcap
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I was surfing Annie Modesitt's site just now, and I saw this pattern. She says it's free to yarn shop owners, but I don't see it in her patterns to purchase area. Does anyone know where I can get this pattern? It's so pretty, I really want to make it!

http://www.anniemodesitt.com/patterns/rrs.html

dustinac
11-29-2006, 01:47 PM
:shrug: I looked too but just seen where shop owners can get it for free.. you might be able to e-mail her and see if she would give it to you.. I'd prolly offer to pay a little bit if I wasn't a shop owner... couldn't hurt :happydance:

it is very pretty...

susanc
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Just to let you know that I emailed her and asked if I could purchase the pattern from her, but she said no. The reason is that she wants people to buy their yarn, etc. at smaller independently-owned yarn stores to keep them in business. Just thought I'd save you the trouble!

dustinac
11-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Thats a good idea she has.. stinks for those who don't have shops but I can see how its for the best... :teehee:

susanc
11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I know. My LYS doesn't have it, so I guess I'm out of luck. It looks like such a beautiful scarf too. :verysad: I do understand why she's doing it that way and I think it's admirable. I just wish she would sell it to those of us who don't have access to it.

brendajos
11-29-2006, 11:44 PM
why not contact a favorite LYS to see if they will get it for their store, and thusly for you?

susanc
11-30-2006, 12:10 AM
That's an idea! :figureditout: I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks! :thumbsup:

stefcap
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Annie just responded to my email. Here is her response:

So if you have a yarn shop near you, let me know their name and I'll see if I've sent them the pattern. You can contact them yourself and ask them to ask me for the pattern, then when you go in they'll GIVE it to you for free!

Her email is: annie@modeknit.com

Hope that helps.