PDA

View Full Version : Central Park Hoodie

Angelia
11-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Looooook at it!!! It's in the Fall 2006 KnitScene (http://www.knitscene.com/2006/inside.asp). Join us--even if you have to wait until after the Christmas knitting frenzy!!

sara_jayne
11-30-2006, 12:37 PM
:thumbsup: I love this hoodie! I'll be knitting it in about 12 years when I finish all the projects I already have yarn for!

I can't wait to see everyone's CPH! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Jessica
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Ang. your killing me. I plan on joining you as soon as my broke butt gets some money :pout: . It porbably wont be till after x-mas, but I promis I'll join you. :muah:

Dilly
11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
:waving: I'm in!

Angelia
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
SJ...forget those projects...you want to knit THIS one!

Jessica, after Christmas is fine! I'm not going to get really moving on mine until then, either, not with all the clog-knitting I have to do.

Yay, Dillykins is in!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Jeep_Girl
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I :heart: it.... I do.

CarmenIbanez
11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm in! What kinda yarn are we all using? Something chunky I hope.

Jeep_Girl
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
look at what found - corrections.......

Central Park Hoodie page 71

Under “Left Front”

Row 2 (WS) *K2, p2; rep from * to end of row.

Under "Right Front"

Row 2 (WS) * p2, k2; rep from * to end of row.

Under “Hood”

Dec row (RS) Work to 3 sts before m, k2tog, k1, sl m, k1, ssk, work to end.

Stiney
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
MEMEMEME!

I ordered the magazine and it's on the way. Now to pick a color and yaaaaarn.

And learn cables.

JLC
11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
I could probably find out if I looked, but does anyone know if the magazine is still on newsstands?

Angelia
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure if the mag is still on newsstands or not--the Spring issue is on pre-order, but the Fall may be sold out at stores.

Thanks for the corrections, Lisa!

Andee, the yarn is worsted (it does look chunky, I guess because of the cables)

Stine, cables are easy peasy!! Use Amy's video--heck, just watch it and you'll see how hard they're NOT!

Stiney
11-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm actuallly not scared of cables now that I read a description of how they're done. I just haven't done them yet. I'm planning the Irish Hiking Scarf as my next scarf, so hopefully that'll be soon.

Angelia
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Oooh, I :heart: that scarf! I've yet to knit it, but I think it's gorgeous! And it's the perfect practice for the cardi!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
hey ang what are the measurements for the hoodie? And yarn requirements? (my copy of the issue is MIA).

I wonder how cables would look with mmmmmmmmmmm

CarmenIbanez
11-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Andee, the yarn is worsted (it does look chunky, I guess because of the cables)

Booo. I wanted something that would knit up quickly. I am getting faster, but it still takes so LONG to make a sweater!

Angelia
11-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Cables look loverly in Mmmmmmmm!!

The measurements are 32 (36, 40, 44, 48)

6 (7, 8, 9, 10) skeins Tahki Donegal Tweed, 183 yds per skein.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
yikes, 48 is just big enough (I love how it put a 8) in there) ... I'd look like Lana Turner :shock:
Damn, I like the PLYMOUTH tweed... I think it's softer than the Donegal. And I like the colors better. But I already have mmmmmm. I was going to knit Glampyre Simple Bodice with it..... hmmm......

jolenel
11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Nice hoodie! It's tempting me, but I need to finish one of my current sweater projects first...maybe after one of those.

Angelia
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Lana Turner!! :eyebrow: Go for it, Hild!!

Stiney
11-30-2006, 09:35 PM
"Lana Turner has collapsed!"

I :heart: Frank O'Hara.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled knitting talk.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
grrrrr I dont' know what to do!!! Why dont' I have 10 arms and an unlimited supply of yarn?????

JLC
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I went to 2 different places on my lunch break and I couldn't find the magazine. Of course I'm limited to Walmart and a dinky bookstore, so that doesn't mean it's not on the newstands anymore. I'm going shopping this weekend, so I'll check then and if not I'll have to order it online. I guess it doesn't really matter, I have tons of other things to work on for now.

kristinw
12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
hmmm, I just a whole bag of Alpaca and no project for it! This is so nice and would be beautiful. I got a short of bluish/grayish color. :cheering: :cheering:

Angelia
12-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Oooh, I'm knitting mine with alpaca, as well! Soft luscious goodness! :inlove:

Andrea
12-02-2006, 11:23 AM
I still can't find the :!!!: magazine! :!!!:

kristinw
12-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I still can't find the :!!!: magazine! :!!!:

I googled it and found a few places that sell it online. I may just order it that way. I'm not starting it right away so it's not like I need the pattern right away.

Jessica
12-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Ha!! I cant finally knit this now that I got some money from Christmas :happydance:

Im about to order yarn, what colors and brands did everyone choose? Im thinking of going with Alpaca, but not sure because of the price :pout:

allegra918
12-26-2006, 12:20 AM
What about KnitPicks Shamrock? :shrug: It would only cost like $35 for the whole thing. I do like the tweedy look for sure......

Stiney
12-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I haven't decided. I was thinking about KnitPicks Shimmer, but I might check out Webs.

(Malabrigo hoody, maybe? :thud: )

jamadian75
12-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh good gravy, I'm IN!! :cheering:

I bought this yarn at Chix in August (and the magazine) and I just found this thread while browsing today.

Can't believe I'm going to be KAL with KH'ers I've actually met in person.
:woot:

I'm using Karabella Aurora 8 in a dark blue, unless my guage is completely #@$!, in which case I will likely have to get new yarn (uh huh, poor me)

Angelia
12-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Yay, Marce is IN!!! :woot: :happydance:

I've started knitting the back of mine--all looks well so far. I'd post a pic but I'm not really that far along.

jamadian75
12-26-2006, 03:56 PM
:waving:

Ang, what size did you decide on? Not sure if I should be adding inches to account for wearing stuff under it? :??

Angelia
12-26-2006, 06:25 PM
:muah:

I'm knitting the 36" -- I plan to wear it open, so it doesn't need to close perfectly (or at all for that matter)

Dilly
12-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure when I'm going to get to start this sweater. I have my sock swap socks to knit plus a few other things, and then I can start the sweater. I should be working on it by February, if not before.

I wish the pattern were written for more sizes. I think I probably need a 38.

Stiney
12-26-2006, 07:59 PM
I have a cabled hoodie from J Crew that I can measure for size. :teehee:

Now I just need to pick yarn. Decisions, decisions. *sighs* My life is so hard. :teehee:

Dilly
12-26-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm using Knitpicks Swish in Deep Ocean if that helps at all. It's a worsted weight superwash wool. It's only $3.29 per 110 yard ball.

Angelia
12-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm using Frog Tree Alpaca. It ended up being kinda pricey, but I figure I'll wear this sweater a lot and get my money's worth. (And yes, that means I'll have to knit it properly...:shifty:) Plus the yarn is sooooooo sooooooft! :inlove:

*KnitPixie*
12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
How many yards of yarn does this pattern require?

Stiney
12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
The measurements are 32 (36, 40, 44, 48 )

6 (7, 8, 9, 10) skeins Tahki Donegal Tweed, 183 yds per skein.

I'm too lazy to do the math. :)

Jessica
12-27-2006, 08:42 PM
If your going off the 183 yardage from the skiens off the pattern it goes as follows:
32(6 skiens)=1098 yrds
36(7 skiens)=1281 yrds
40(8 skiens)=1464 yrds
44(9 skiens)=1647 yrds
48(10 skiens)=1830 yrds

But depending on how many yards the yarn you want has, depends on how many skiens you need. It may very from the pattern.

I was thinking perhaps a darkish red, like firecracker in WOTA. Do you think it would be too dark? I think I'll post in my blog the colors im torn between and get everyones opinions.

Dilly
12-27-2006, 09:57 PM
WOTA isn't a very good yarn for knitting sweaters. It pills to easily. It's best used for felting. Amy (who runs this website) used WOTA for a sweater and really wasn't happy with the result.

I'm not sure Andean Treasure will work either because it's only a sport weight yarn and you need a worsted weight. Andean Silk might work instead. I think you get the same colour choices with that yarn.

Angelia
12-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Andean Silk is VERY soft and would knit a very cozy sweater indeed! And the color choices are gorgeous.

jamadian75
12-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I was sure I bought this magazine at Chix, but...

:verysad:

I can't find it.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
if you lived near me you could borrow mine :pout: :heart:

jamadian75
12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
if you lived near me you could borrow mine :pout: :heart:

Thanks Hilde!! :hug: :pout:

I have HUNTED this thing in the house and still can't find it.
And to make it worse, I found my receipt from Chix that proves I actually do own it.

GRRRRRRRRR

ETA: Holy :!!!: I have alot of patterns and books!! How did this happen??!

Angelia
12-29-2006, 09:37 AM
ETA: Holy :!!!: I have alot of patterns and books!! How did this happen??!

It's the addiction, my dear. I think we have purchasing blackouts. Remember the yarn that arrived at Ingy's, much to her surprise because she didn't remember ordering it? :teehee:

jamadian75
12-29-2006, 12:36 PM
It's the addiction, my dear. I think we have purchasing blackouts. Remember the yarn that arrived at Ingy's, much to her surprise because she didn't remember ordering it? :teehee:

:roflhard:
*sigh* I feel better, thanks Ang!

BTW - I called my LYS this morning and they have a bunch of back issues and extra copies of stuff including this Magazine!!! :cheering: On my way to get it this afternoon. I will not be deterred!

Any progress pics to show?

Angelia
12-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Yay, I'm so glad you can buy the magazine again, Marce! (:teehee:)

I have some progress I can document--but note it ain't much! And I think I'm going to frog it. The ribbing is too tight for my taste--I'm going to knit the whole thing on size 8s. Plus, I don't like the horseshoe cables, so I'm going to do something else. Not sure what, but something.

jamadian75
12-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Ang - I love the color you chose though!
I've read a few posts about this online and most people say the same about ribbing on the 8s - I'm likely to do the same.

GUESS WHAT??!
I went to the LYS and saw the magazine in our little "browsing" rack and thought Hmmmmm :?? I wonder if that could actually be MY copy??

I grabbed it and turned it over, the pricing sticker says "Chix with Stix"

I'm starting VERY soon. Will probably swatch tonight. YIPPEEEE!!

Dilly
12-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I love it!!! :cheering:

Sorry you aren't happy with it. I can understand not wanting the ribbing so tight though. I'm sad you don't like the cable on it. :pout:

Dilly
12-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I grabbed it and turned it over, the pricing sticker says "Chix with Stix"

I'm glad you found your copy and didn't have to buy a new one! :cheering: I can't wait to see your progress pictures.

I have too many things on the needles right now and in the knitty queue to be able to start this right away. :verysad:

jamadian75
12-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I have too many things on the needles right now and in the knitty queue to be able to start this right away. :verysad:

Not to worry Dill darling - you'll get the benefit of seeing where we all have trouble or find great fixes and you can sail right along :)

Heck - I may even resurrect the Tubey KAL one of these days! :roflhard:

Andrea
12-29-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't get it Marce, you brought your magazine there at an earlier time and left it? :pout:

I have too many book and patterns too :pout:

Leave it to Ang to start the sweater and end up doing her own design :teehee: Whatever you do will be GORGEOUS :muah:

And I don't know what this "Andean" crap is, I think I made it clear that the name of it is "AndRean" :roll:

jamadian75
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't get it Marce, you brought your magazine there at an earlier time and left it? :pout:

Yep! :doh:

I'm a doofus

Angelia
12-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Not a doofus, Marce! You were overwhelmed by all of the yarny goodness and became confused and disoriented...that's the story--use it! :teehee:

So others have said the same thing about the ribbing? What I find odd, and did even before knitting, is that the sweater on the model does not seem to have tight ribbing at all, yet the pattern calls for a needle size two sizes smaller than the sweater body. The pic and the directions just don't jive. :??

Leave it to Ang to start the sweater and end up doing her own design Whatever you do will be GORGEOUS

:aww: You're so sweet to me!! :muah:

I want to believe your version of events rather than the likely reality: Ang botches another project because she wouldn't leave the pattern alone...:teehee:

Stiney
12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I was thinking of making a modification, too. Instead of doing the ribbing along the side of the front panels, I was thinking of using one of Nicky Epstein's cabled loops. Use those as button holes, and then put the big toggle-like buttons on the other side.

But then, I'm all loopy from Dayquil (pun half-intended) so I don't know how it would actually work.

Angelia
12-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Oooh, loops for buttons sound really cute, Stine!

:thinking:

Let's see how many collective changes to the pattern we can make during this KAL! :teehee:

jamadian75
12-30-2006, 10:01 AM

Let's see how many collective changes to the pattern we can make during this KAL! :teehee:

I was actually considering putting a line of 2 purl stitches in the 10-stitch stockinette section on either side of the back cables. Just because I always get the itch to do something small that makes the sweater "mine".

I'll try it out and see how it looks...

Angelia
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Jessica
12-30-2006, 10:17 AM
My mag should be here today :cheering: Im so excited!!

Now all I need is the yarn :??

Ang, I do like the grey you picked. So you said your doing your ribbing on 8's?

Angelia
12-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Yep, Jess, I'm doing the whole thing on 8s. The ribbing was so tight on 6s that it barely went around my back, and I do not like that tight-ribbed band that makes sweaters blouse. :ick: I also think I'm going to do the ribbing shorter than 4" so that the ribs don't pull in so much--maybe 2"?

The yarn is actually a light camel; my camera stinks. :pout: It's Frog Tree Alpaca from WEBS--here's (http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1001-1294-1323/0/0/1201/) the link, and the color I'm using is 006.

Jessica
12-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh Ang, those colors are soooo purty :heart: I really like the WOTA in firecracker, but Im also digging the Granite in Andean. I still cant make up my mind :shrug:

Angelia
12-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Andrean! :fingerwag:

:rofl:

I vote for the Andrean Silk--I have some, and it is one of the softest yarns I've ever felt. A sweater out of it would be divine!! :inlove: Mine will be a sweater someday.

I just frogged the back of the CPH. I re-wound the yarn on the ballwinder at the same time I was frogging--it was fun! :rofl:

My world is small and my thrills are few. Don't judge me!

:teehee:

Jessica
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
While browsing for yarn I came across this site, as anyone ever seen it or tried it? Its called Alpaca Direct.
http://www.alpacadirect.com/Results~Category~8~Secondary~47.htm

They have some purty yarn, but its kinda $$$ :shrug:

Angelia
12-30-2006, 12:03 PM
The baby alpaca worsted isn't a bad price--$10.49 for 218 yards. That's cheaper than mine, though I did get 20% off at WEBS since my order was over...whatever it has to be to get the discount. (Sorry, my brain isn't working. :roll:)

Andrea
12-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Andrean! :fingerwag:

:rofl:

I'm just going to watch you guys from the sidelines for now. I need to finish Starsky :teehee:

Jessica
12-30-2006, 10:09 PM
I think perhaps I will go with the AndRean :wink:

But I have to wait for my :!!!: ing KP order to get here first :grrr:

It contains AndRen :teehee:

jamadian75
12-31-2006, 12:48 AM

I agree, I really like the loops idea - In the Fall 2006 Vogue Knitting, Nicky Epstein has a brief article on making I-cord loops. These might work for this cardi too if they don't look too wonky when stitched on to the ribbing. I'll edit this post when I have a pic to demonstrate...

Angelia
12-31-2006, 09:28 AM
I've knit about 10 or 11 inches on the back, and I have never, in all my time knitting, knit such horribly uneven stitches. :pout: My first scarf looked better than this! DH even noticed and asked "why do those stitches look so funny?". When HE notices, it's bad! :help:

Blocking will help even them out, right? :pray:

I know my problem is that I'm knitting worsted weight on size 8s. I knit loosely and always use 7s with worsted (and could really use 6s), thus these bizarre holes are showing up because I'm using larger needles than usual (though the larger ones do help with the cables!).

I'll plug along anyway, tweak some of the 'holes' with my tapestry needle, and hope blocking works its magic. :pray:

jamadian75
12-31-2006, 07:16 PM
I've knit about 10 or 11 inches on the back, and I have never, in all my time knitting, knit such horribly uneven stitches. :pout: My first scarf looked better than this! DH even noticed and asked "why do those stitches look so funny?". When HE notices, it's bad! :help:

Blocking will help even them out, right? :pray:

Hey Ang! Sorry that you're not happy with your stitching so far, but you're right about blocking, it can work wonders! You've made alot of progress too, so that might be the least painful option.

I swatched today and got gauge using Karabella Aurora 8.
I'm considering using size 7 needles for the ribbing when I do start, but not sure...

Jessica
12-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Marce, is that the color your going to use? Its so pretty.

mystery
12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
I will join as soon as I figure out how to do cables!!

jamadian75
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Marce, is that the color your going to use? Its so pretty.

Yep! It's Blue #23. I've had it since August, and it was picked out for this very hoodie. Glad it was ready and waiting!

TeamBettendorf
01-01-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm new here and want to join. I just began knitting to prove that I could and when I saw the CPH I knew I was hooked.

I can be the local yahoo that has no idea what she is doing so y'all feel smart. You can get your public srevice hours in as you answer all my silly questions. :)

Hi there.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-01-2007, 01:25 AM
:waving:

Angelia
01-01-2007, 09:35 AM
That's gorgeous yarn, Marce!! And your stitches are so pretty! :pout:

The back of my sweater still looks like total crap, but I'm not frogging this puppy again! I did tweak some stitches, and the tweaking did help, but more ugliness arrived when I knit further, so I gave up.

Once I finish the back (I've got about an inch to go), I'll post a pic. I want to block right now so that it's not so unsightly, but then I won't be able to make the front pieces match.

I'm knitting the front pieces at the same time. Thank heavens for long needle cables! :happydance:

Angelia
01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Okay, here's the back. The bad lighting makes the stitches look better than they do IRL.

Now I'm off to knit the front panels!

jamadian75
01-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice work so far Ang!! I know that the sts will bug you until you can get them set into shape, but MAN you've done alot of knitting so far.

You said something very interesting. I'm knitting on a size 8 32" circular and I don't like how much cable I have left on there. I think I should cast on for a front side too, but I'm wondering if I can actually do that on the same needle. :??

How long is your cable?

Angelia
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
It's a 32", and both front panels fit with plenty of room to spare--together they're shorter than the back by about 6 or 8 stitches (I forget :roll:). I've got my two skeins of working yarn in ziploc baggies to prevent tangles and have been really lucky so far.

The trick for me is going to be keeping up with which side is which. I'm going to put signs on them. :rofl:

jamadian75
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
It's a 32", and both front panels fit with plenty of room to spare--together they're shorter than the back by about 6 or 8 stitches (I forget :roll:). I've got my two skeins of working yarn in ziploc baggies to prevent tangles and have been really lucky so far.

The trick for me is going to be keeping up with which side is which. I'm going to put signs on them. :rofl:

You convinced me! I CO for both sleeves on the same needle. I know it will be hellish to have 3 balls of yarn going so I'm going to use it as an excuse to switch between back and sleeves when I get bored knitting one or the other. This will be a true test of my pattern concentration!

Angelia
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm doing both sleeves together, too! After the front panels, though...

Angelia does not have very good concentration skills. This is why Angelia cannot knit lace. Yet. (It is one of my knitty resolutions!)

Jessica
01-02-2007, 03:55 PM
This is the color Im doing mine in. I didnt realize how close it was to Ang's. Sorry Ang :pout: I really wanted to do it in Embers, but I have alot of reds right now and I thought it might not show cables. It shoudl be here tomorrow, I hope :nails:

Andrean treasure in Granite looked like it will go with anything which is also why I ordered it.

Angelia
01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Preeeeeeeeety!! :inlove:

I ordered the color I did because I figured it would go with anything, too! As for the matching, well, we can be twinsies! :happydance:

jamadian75
01-02-2007, 06:20 PM
This is the color Im doing mine in. I didnt realize how close it was to Ang's. Sorry Ang :pout: I really wanted to do it in Embers, but I have alot of reds right now and I thought it might not show cables. It shoudl be here tomorrow, I hope :nails:

Andrean treasure in Granite looked like it will go with anything which is also why I ordered it.

Gawwgeous!

Nothing at all wrong with being twinsies with Angelia I say :hug:

Andrea
01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
:happydance: I love twinsies!! :happydance:

Angelia
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Nothing at all wrong with being twinsies with Angelia I say :hug:

:aww: Marce! :hug:

:happydance: I love twinsies!! :happydance:

Me too!!! :happydance:

Jessica
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
I would :heart: to be Ang's twinsie because she is bee-u-ti-ful, just like Andrea. The look like twinsies too. :teehee:

Would that make us triplets then :??

Angelia
01-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, triplets! :happydance:

Jessica
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM

I've never been a triplet before.

Come to think of it, I've never been a twin before :shrug:

jamadian75
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Update...

Had a plane ride into northern NJ today for work (be here until the 12th, lots of knitting time after work since I'm not home :( :))

I'm at the 2nd cable repeat on both sleeves and the back (I have them all on a 32" circular thanks to the brilliant Angelia). So far so good!

I really love the "give" of this Karabella Aurora 8 yarn. and no splitting or snagging... :heart:

I can see that after a while I'll probably take off the stitch markers - at least on the back since there's no shaping or anything for a while - we'll see :shrug:

Angelia
01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Yay for you, Marce!! I've heard wonderful things about that yarn you're using--glad to hear it's living up to its reputation!

I'm still on the front panels--I didn't knit on them at all yesterday.

I kept the stitch markers on until the end--I have mental lapses and didn't trust myself to remember where the cable bits were! :teehee:

Stiney
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
:wall:

I can't decide on a yarn.

Any suggestions?

Angelia
01-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Mmmmmmmalabrigo? :inlove:

jamadian75
01-05-2007, 08:58 AM
My fellow CPH knitters, need your honest opinions on something...

See this?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/346561507_d6e19fa6ae.jpg

I'm knitting both sleeves and the back together on a 32" circular and things have been going along just dandy, until I realized that I have FIVE rows of stockinette between the set of cables on 1 sleeve (where the arrow points). Not sure why I had this brain lapse in only this one area of the pattern.

What I want to know is, would you go back and fix it?

Part of me says that I could leave it and it wouldn't be all that noticeable since I have miles more sleeve to go...and another part (must be the maturing knitter??) says that I will always know it's there and think of it as a flaw that I could easily have fixed.

Suggestions? :pout:

five_six
01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
if it were me, i would fix it, but i frog for any silly old reason... a few people have said on this forum "if it ain't noticable to a man going by on a horse (or some such thing - just remember it was a horse and it was going fast), then it's fine" but i tend to disagree!!! My horse woulda stopped dead and stared at my stuff, I'm sure, but it's really a personal preference. If it's bothering you already, i'd say frog before you get too much further ahead, cause undoubtedly, it will play on your mind and you'll end up frogging it... so do it now :teehee:

jamadian75
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM
it will play on your mind and you'll end up frogging it... so do it now :teehee:

Can't argue with good sense, I did it! :cheering:

Have a great weekend everyone :heart:

jamadian75
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
How's it going everybody!?

I was away in Atlantic city this weekend and didn't knit more than a couple rows on my CPH, but I did win a little extra yarn money! :cheering:

Any new progress pics to share? I can't get my camera to show the right color of the yarn I'm using since it's already night, but I will show some soon.

Happy knitting!!

Angelia
01-10-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm frogging mine and using another yarn. The front panels look even more hideous than the back (and are, for some reason, quite small! :shock:). I'm knitting the next size up AND using smaller needles; I knit too loosely to use 8s on the body. I'm a bit sad that I wasted all that time, but happy at the prospect of a sweater that looks and fits properly! I also have another project in mind for the alpaca, so it certainly will not go to waste! :teehee:

jamadian75
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm frogging mine and using another yarn. The front panels look even more hideous than the back (and are, for some reason, quite small! :shock:). I'm knitting the next size up AND using smaller needles; I knit too loosely to use 8s on the body. I'm a bit sad that I wasted all that time, but happy at the prospect of a sweater that looks and fits properly! I also have another project in mind for the alpaca, so it certainly will not go to waste! :teehee:

Now that is dedication!!! Phew! You're a brave knitter Ang! :heart:

Jessica
01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
) I'll take your old yarn Ang :shifty:

I finally casted on and knit the first row, but thats as far as I've gotten so far (and that was last night :pout: ) Im knitting size 40 because my Andean Treasure is thin and Im using size 6 needles for the whole thing. I cant wait till my socks are done so I can really get started.

jamadian75
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
<BUMP>

Hello sugar darlings!

Here's a progress pic of my back and sleeves. So far I'm loving the ease of this knit, I only have to remember the sleeve increases.

On that note - anyone else on the sleeves yet? My increases are on the wrong side row (man I hope that's right), and I'm doing a M1 increase one stitch in from the edge ...there is a little hole left though.

Anyone have suggestions on doing a stitch increase on purls?? Thanks!

Dilly
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I haven't started to knit it yet so I can't help you at all with the increase question. But your sweater so far... :notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy: :inlove:

jamadian75
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I haven't started to knit it yet so I can't help you at all with the increase question. But your sweater so far... :notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy: :inlove:

Thanks Dilly!! :muah:
I am really enjoying this one!

sara_jayne
01-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Marce CPH is just beautiful!

What type of M1 are you doing? I'm working on my sleeves for Starsky and I was getting holes with my M1 too.

What I did was pick up the bar from the back with my left hand needle. I put the tip of the needle behind the work and then picked up the bar. It created a twisted stitch that I then knit and the hole was miniscule, much better than an M1 from the front.

I hope this helps! :heart:

jamadian75
01-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Marce CPH is just beautiful!

What type of M1 are you doing? I'm working on my sleeves for Starsky and I was getting holes with my M1 too.

What I did was pick up the bar from the back with my left hand needle. I put the tip of the needle behind the work and then picked up the bar. It created a twisted stitch that I then knit and the hole was miniscule, much better than an M1 from the front.

I hope this helps! :heart:

Thanks! It does help SJ, because at least I know I'm doing the right type of M1. The thing is, I'm putting my needle in front to back because I have to do this increase as a purl, and I don't purl through the back loop so well - I get all confused. :??

Now that you said that though, I am going to try it the way you describe and look at some pics of ptbl to see if I can get it right and get a smaller hole.

Angelia
01-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Ptbl is tricky--I dread having to do those! :help:

Your work is loverly, though, Marce!!! Preeeety blue!!

I've started the reknit on mine using KP Swish in Fired Brick. Here's what I have so far. (Sorry for the crappy photo--the red is deeper than it appears.)

CarmenIbanez
01-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Beautiful~

jamadian75
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Ptbl is tricky--I dread having to do those! :help:

Your work is loverly, though, Marce!!! Preeeety blue!!

I've started the reknit on mine using KP Swish in Fired Brick. Here's what I have so far. (Sorry for the crappy photo--the red is deeper than it appears.)

Ay ay Ay I :heart: that color Ang!! Great yarn choice on this re-knit, youre sts look fab!

(and thank you...this one is fun)

Angelia
01-19-2007, 09:51 AM
The stitches have improved significantly, haven't they? :teehee:

I'm almost to the armhole shaping! I've got about an inch to go. I'm thinking of knitting the sleeves in the round so that I don't have to seam them except at the armholes. I hate seaming. :help:

jamadian75
01-19-2007, 10:16 AM
The stitches have improved significantly, haven't they? :teehee:

Yes - it is noticeable. And the yarn shows up the cables really well too!

I'm almost to the armhole shaping! I've got about an inch to go. I'm thinking of knitting the sleeves in the round so that I don't have to seam them except at the armholes. I hate seaming. :help:

Hmmm.... wish I had thought of that!! :)
I read elsewhere online that the sleeves run a bit small in the circumference, so maybe you can account for that with a few extra sts to give it a little more width.

My time saver right now is to knit multi pieces at once (3 ziplocs going now!) as you were doing. I'm also going to block and seam the back and fronts as soon as they're done and before I start the hood.

Angelia
01-19-2007, 10:38 AM
The cables are popping more nicely with this yarn, but not only is that due to the new yarn working better, but also because the other yarn is so fuzzy--the cables kind of disappear.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of adding an extra stitch or two if I knit the sleeves in the round--I'll do it, though. And maybe add one of EZ's fake seams so that it looks like the sleeves were knit properly! :rofl:

I would never have thought about knitting the sleeves in the round had I not done so accidentally when I knit Samus. I wasn't paying attention, and I was halfway up the first sleeve when I discovered the mistake. :teehee:

jamadian75
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I would never have thought about knitting the sleeves in the round had I not done so accidentally when I knit Samus. I wasn't paying attention, and I was halfway up the first sleeve when I discovered the mistake. :teehee:

OMG - I have Samus on my To Knit list!! Did you finish it?? And more importantly - do you have pictures???

Angelia
01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh yes, I finished it, and yes, I have pictures!

It's too big for me, though it's a great around-the-house sweater. I knit it using Encore (some kind of red--cranberry, maybe?).

jamadian75
01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh yes, I finished it, and yes, I have pictures!

It's too big for me, though it's a great around-the-house sweater. I knit it using Encore (some kind of red--cranberry, maybe?).

:passedout:

Angelia
01-19-2007, 01:27 PM
:teehee: You okay?

It's a fun sweater to knit. I got so hooked on the Saxon Braid that I wanted to put it all over the sweater...:shifty:

There's a cool version online where someone made the sweater a pullover. I can't find the link, of course, but it is out there if you're interested.

jamadian75
01-19-2007, 03:01 PM
:teehee: You okay?

It's a fun sweater to knit. I got so hooked on the Saxon Braid that I wanted to put it all over the sweater...:shifty:

There's a cool version online where someone made the sweater a pullover. I can't find the link, of course, but it is out there if you're interested.

TOTALLY interested, and I have officially had my fill today. If I look at one more thing that I want to knit right now, I won't actually get any knitting done at all. Phew!

Angelia
01-19-2007, 06:22 PM
TOTALLY interested, and I have officially had my fill today. If I look at one more thing that I want to knit right now, I won't actually get any knitting done at all. Phew!

I know what you mean. :help:

I can't find the pullover version so you're safe. For now! :twisted:

jamadian75
01-19-2007, 06:50 PM

I know what you mean. :help:

I can't find the pullover version so you're safe. For now! :twisted:

No worries, I'm now craving the Diamond Fantasy Shawl and just bought the pattern. :doh:

:roflhard:

Angelia
01-19-2007, 07:18 PM

JLC
01-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I found the magazine at a LYS today! :happydance:

I think I'm going to use Swish, too. I used it for a scarf for DH and I really liked it. I need to get a few other projects done first, so this is going to have to be on hold a little longer.

Angelia and Marce, yours look great! :notworthy:

jamadian75
01-20-2007, 12:25 AM
I found the magazine at a LYS today! :happydance:

I think I'm going to use Swish, too. I used it for a scarf for DH and I really liked it. I need to get a few other projects done first, so this is going to have to be on hold a little longer.

Angelia and Marce, yours look great! :notworthy:

:waving: JLC!

Thanks!

Angelia
01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks, JLC, and I'm glad you're joining us!!! :happydance:

Andrea
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Your CPHs are looking great, gals!!! :cheering:

knitaddict475
01-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I could probably find out if I looked, but does anyone know if the magazine is still on newsstands?

No, I checked B&N and they only keep current issues-I was lucky enough to find one at my LYS! :muah:

knitaddict475
01-24-2007, 10:23 AM

No, I checked B&N and they only keep current issues-I was lucky enough to find one at my LYS! :muah:

knitaddict475
01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
HALLELUJAH! :muah:

So glad I found this KAL-this is my first hoodie-am working on another sweater but it's in the to-do basket until I finish a baby blanket!

I started with the back but decided to start with the sleeve instead! My advice with the ribbing-TAKE IT SLOW so it's uniform!

I'd also recommend chanting a mantra as you knit to Saraswati, the Hindu goddess of knowledge-for creativity-

Om eim saraswatiyei swaha -Ohm i'm sarah-swat-ee-yay-swah-ha-it's been working for me!
KA

jamadian75
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
HALLELUJAH! :muah:

So glad I found this KAL-this is my first hoodie-am working on another sweater but it's in the to-do basket until I finish a baby blanket!

I started with the back but decided to start with the sleeve instead! My advice with the ribbing-TAKE IT SLOW so it's uniform!

I'd also recommend chanting a mantra as you knit to Saraswati, the Hindu goddess of knowledge-for creativity-

Om eim saraswatiyei swaha -Ohm i'm sarah-swat-ee-yay-swah-ha-it's been working for me!
KA

Hmmm....I'll have to try that out!

What yarn and color are you using knitaddict?

Angelia
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I've finished the back and am on the front panels!! :woot:

I LURV Swish!!!

Jeep_Girl
01-27-2007, 10:00 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

So pretty Ang!

sara_jayne
01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Beautiful, Ang!!!!

Angelia
01-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks!! :hug:

I am a bit concerned, though, because the front panels seem awfully narrow. The back is plenty wide enough, but the fronts are, well, NOT. I know I've cast on the proper number of stitches. Maybe it's just all the curling they're doing; they're deceiving me. Has anyone finished the back and fronts yet?

Dilly
01-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I haven't read the pattern in detail, but wouldn't there be some kind of edging or a button flap type thing (even though there are no buttons) on each side that is added on after it is seamed together?

Angelia
01-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, there is the edging. I'm just hoping that's enough! Of course I don't have to wear it closed, though I was thinking of adding buttonholes/buttons. We'll see what happens! :oo:

Dilly
01-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm sure it will be fine! :hug:

Stiney
01-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Gee, good thing we have Angelia to find all the pattern mistakes for us. :rofl:

Your back looks amazing! :cheering:

Angelia
01-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm sure it will be fine! :hug:

I hope so!! :hug:

jamadian75
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Nice work Angelia!! :inlove: That yarn is treating this project right and so is it's knitter!! :teehee:

I'm nearly done with the back and both sleeves. I made my back 1 1/4" longer before I started the armhole bind offs. I'm recording that here so when I get to the fronts I'll remember.

For those who haven't started yet, I've read some posts online where people knit the back and both fronts as one piece - wish I had thought of that :doh:

Also, on my back, I'm going to keep the shoulder stitches "live" so I can join them to the fronts with a 3-needle bind off.

Knit on hoodie crew!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
yay Ang!!!!!!!!!

Angelia
01-29-2007, 08:02 AM
:hug: :heart: Marce and Hild!!

You know, it occurred to me halfway up the back that I should have adjusted the pattern to knit the fronts and back together--it makes absolutely no sense that they're knit separately. But there was no way I was going to frog the 12" I'd already knit! My shortcut will be knitting the sleeves in the round (at least that's two fewer places to seam).

Jessica
01-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I got about 6" into mine to realize that the KP Andean Treasure just wasnt going to work for this pattern :pout: Its just too thin. So now I have to find another yarn to use and figure out what to do with 14 balls of Andean Treasure :shrug:

Any suggestions on yarn?

Angelia
01-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Swish is working like a dream for me--and it's machine washable!!

Stiney
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Ang, when you say "work them together" do you mean "work them at the same time" or "knit them as one piece so there is less seaming"?

Angelia
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Ang, when you say "work them together" do you mean "work them at the same time" or "knit them as one piece so there is less seaming"?

:doh:

Knit them as one piece. Clarity is not my strong suit of late. :pout:

Jessica
01-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I ws looking at the swish and I really liked that it was machine washable. Is it really soft Ang? How much did it cost you to buy the swish?

Angelia
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Swish is really soft, Jess! I love it. I ordered 15 skeins, which may be too much yarn, but I wanted to make sure I had enough. (It's $49.35 for that many.) I'd love a hat or scarf in this yarn, or even some socks, so the leftovers will have uses!

Jessica
01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, maybe I will get some :hug:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh, maybe I will get some :hug:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

JLC
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I ran across this yesterday and I really like a couple of these colors:

http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=20

I've never knit with alpaca before. Is it ok for something like this? Will it stretch out of shape? I was going to go with Swish, but now I just don't know. Opinions???

Angelia
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, since the yarn knits up at 4.5 stitches per inch, you should be okay! Alpaca is kind of drapey--not stiffish like Swish--so you'll likely end up with a more flowing sort of cardi. It should be beautiful though (and those colors! :inlove:).

jamadian75
02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
How's it going hoodie knitters??

I'm FINALLY starting on my Left and Right front. I got ahead of myself on doing these both on one circular at the same time and had to frog the right front because I didn't start the ribbing right (which would make the 2nd frogging because I cast on 36 sts instead of 40 to start...*sigh*).

I really have to get mentally prepared for a few things with this one. The first is that instead of doing the regular bind offs for the shoulders, I'm going to use the short-row shaping and 3-needle bind off method.
I read about it on a few other blog sites for CPH, and I am using this guide (http://www.knitty.com/issuefall04/FEATpatterns103.html)for the technique from knitty.

Wish me luck!

Angelia
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Oooh, good luck! I might try that myself!!

I haven't knit on my CPH in a long time. :pout: It misses me, I know!

Jessica
02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Im finally getting the right yarn for mine. I decided on KP's Swish in Jade. Hopefully it will be here next week and I can get started :cheering:

monzogary
02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I ran across this yesterday and I really like a couple of these colors:

http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=20

I've never knit with alpaca before. Is it ok for something like this? Will it stretch out of shape? I was going to go with Swish, but now I just don't know. Opinions???

I have a bag of this yarn, and it is lighter weight than worsted. I was trying it out by making some fingerless gloves with it using size 5 needles, and the fabric was too loose for my liking for gloves. I am currently using it to make a top for myself and using size 6 needles. I personally would not go higher than a size 6 or 7 unless you are a really tight knitter. Otherwise, this yarn is really nice!
HTH!

JLC
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I think I'm going to go with the Swish. I'm such a loser, I can't even decide on the stupid yarn. I'm holding off for a little longer, because I have some projects that absolutely have to get done very soon. If I get started on the CPH, I know I'll never get the other stuff done. :pout:

jamadian75
02-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I think I'm going to go with the Swish. I'm such a loser, I can't even decide on the stupid yarn. I'm holding off for a little longer, because I have some projects that absolutely have to get done very soon. If I get started on the CPH, I know I'll never get the other stuff done. :pout:

Knitting's good, but you have to enjoy it! Trust me, I know the "guilt" of unfinished projects gets to me more and more lately!

P.S. I did the short row shaping, and this is how it looks when it's all said and done (live stitiches left on each shoulder ready for a 3 needle bind off with the right and left fronts).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/391106695_75cabe6edb_m.jpg

Jeep_Girl
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
marce - it looks great!

jamadian75
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
marce - it looks great!

:teehee: Thanks!

momwolf
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Don't know if you all know this but there are corrections for this pattern here :shrug: http://www.knitscene.com/2006/corrections.asp

JLC
02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I finally bought the Swish for this project. I went with the "Bordeaux". It should be delivered Monday. I'm going to spend some time with the pattern over the weekend to see how easy it would be to knit as one piece, for the front and back anyway. I have a hard time with seaming so anything I can do to avoid it, I will do. :teehee:

Stiney
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm planning on casting on for this soon, and I was thinking about doing the same thing! :teehee:

Otherwise, the pieces will probably sit unseamed FOR-EV-ER.

jamadian75
02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I finally bought the Swish for this project. I went with the "Bordeaux". It should be delivered Monday. I'm going to spend some time with the pattern over the weekend to see how easy it would be to knit as one piece, for the front and back anyway. I have a hard time with seaming so anything I can do to avoid it, I will do. :teehee:

From reading some other blogs around the web, a few people have done this, and I wish I had thought to do it too! :wall:

Stiney
02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Okay, so to knit it in one piece, I'd need to knit the left panel, the back, then the right panel. Okay.

Hey, how small are you finding this to run? I just measured a sweater that I like the fit of and it comes in at 41 inches....normally I'd go for 40" but everyone said this is running small, so I'm thinking I should go for the 44 inches?

jamadian75
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay, so to knit it in one piece, I'd need to knit the left panel, the back, then the right panel. Okay.

Hey, how small are you finding this to run? I just measured a sweater that I like the fit of and it comes in at 41 inches....normally I'd go for 40" but everyone said this is running small, so I'm thinking I should go for the 44 inches?

I think this is definitely a "close" fitting piece, and I think the main decision for me was how I intended to wear it...I will likely wear this with something not very bulky underneath. I'm making the 36 and just eyeballing the sleeves and fronts, they look reeeeeeally narrow. My yarn (Karabella Aurora 8 ) is very stretchy though, so I'm counting on it's "give". (I would normall do a 34, but I went up a size to account for this snug sizing)

Stiney
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
:wall:

I hate swatching so much. My gauge was off on the 8's, so I'm starting over on 7's.

I've decided on the 44 inch by the way, and once I figure out how to knit the front and back as one piece, I'll let you all know.

JLC
03-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I was going to CO today, but maybe I'll wait until you work out all the problems and tell me how to do the thing in 1 piece. :teehee: Just kidding, I really am going to try to start this today.

Dilly
03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I cast on today. Because it's running small, I switched yarns because I don't have enough of the Swish I was originally going to use. I'm using a chunky yarn instead, and knitting the size I originally would have knit. Hopefully, I will end up with a bigger end product that will actually fit me.

I'm using Patons Shetland Chunky yarn. It's a bit busy for the cables, but I think I'm going to keep going with it anyway.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/0002_988.jpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/0001_299.jpg

Stiney
03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I like the color, but it is a bit busy for the cables. Looks nice, though! (You are so much further than me and I started last weekend! :pout: :verysad: )

So I was just all http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6499/ahhh1gv.gif because I just started the first pattern row and I thought I had somehow lost 52 stitches. Turns out when I recounted I had a) completely miscounted and b) was in fact running short on the back stitches because instead of working chart C, I had knit chart B. :oops:

All is better.

I only did 2 inches of ribbing, and I used the size 8's.

Dilly
03-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I like the color, but it is a bit busy for the cables. Looks nice, though! (You are so much further than me and I started last weekend! :pout: :verysad: )

It's chunky yarn, and I have no life. Both of those cause lots of knitting to happen sometimes. :teehee:

I think I'm going to continue with it anyway. It will make a nice jacket-like cardigan for Spring, and that yarn has just been sitting for two years, so I may as well just use it up.

Stiney
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes, but all I've done today was 1 load of laundry, eating, and knitting. I have a half inch of knitting to show for it.

Though I'm knitting it as one piece so each row takes forEVER.

I think I'm going to have to photocopy the pattern instructions and paste them back together in the right order so I don't get confused.

Stiney
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
:?? :wall: :shrug:

Okay, I was looking at the the corrections (http://www.knitscene.com/2006/corrections.asp#hoodie) posted on the website, and the corrections for the hood make perfect sense.

But I can't figure out the corrections for the Left Front or Right Front. If you follow them, then the ribbing won't look like this on the right side:

kkppkk
kkppkk

but like this on the right side:

kkppkk
ppkkpp

JLC
03-12-2007, 09:12 AM
I thought the ribbing corrections were wonky, too. I remember looking at them and having a :figureditout: where they actually made sense, but now I don't remember how I thought they made sense. I just ignored it and did the ribbing like I always do. It seems to look fine to me. :shrug: I should post a pic tonight, although I'm not very far along.

Stine, do you have stitch markers everywhere? I put the markers in to show the fronts and back, then with all the markers for the cable areas, it looks all marker-y. :teehee:

I'm ordering the extra Swish today, but I'm doing the free shipping (ok, I had to order a bunch or color cards, size 9 tips, another 24" cable set, and more 16" classic circs to get the free shipping :teehee: ) since I don't see myself using all 12 balls of Swish I already have before the rest gets here, even with the slowness of the free shipping. :teehee:

Stiney
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Yep! I have two larger sizes markers for the front/back division, and then medium sized markers for the in-pattern ones. I could probably take them out now that the pattern is established (It's just knit the knits and purl the purls except for the cable) but I'll leave them in for now.

chee7e
03-12-2007, 04:19 PM
hey folks, I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but how did you post that hoodie picture. what website are you using?

thanks!

jamadian75
03-13-2007, 10:09 AM
hey folks, I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but how did you post that hoodie picture. what website are you using?

thanks!

I use www.flickr.com quite often. You can upload photos really easily, and you can choose different sizes, then it just gives you the URL to put out here between the [img ] tags.

Another option is to use the "Add Attachment" feature within your post out here on KH - that allows you to just browse to the photo on your hard drive, write a description of it (if you choose) and then click Add Attachment - the picture will appear inside your post, below any text.

Hope that helps!

jamadian75
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
:?? :wall: :shrug:

Okay, I was looking at the the corrections (http://www.knitscene.com/2006/corrections.asp#hoodie) posted on the website, and the corrections for the hood make perfect sense.

But I can't figure out the corrections for the Left Front or Right Front. If you follow them, then the ribbing won't look like this on the right side:

kkppkk
kkppkk

but like this on the right side:

kkppkk
ppkkpp

I had a :?? moment over this too. I'm not looking at my pattern right now, but it seems to me that the ribbing starts with purling? I'll look closer at this and see if I can help. Yay for chunky knits though!! :cheering:

lynnlisiewski
03-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I Love this pattern

does any one have the magazine to buy or trade

My oldest daughter only wear sweat shirts

this one she could wear to church if she wanted

Lynn

jamadian75
03-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I Love this pattern

does any one have the magazine to buy or trade

My oldest daughter only wear sweat shirts

this one she could wear to church if she wanted

Lynn

This pattern is from KnitScene Magazine, and you can buy the magazine online at this link:
http://www.knitscene.com/back_issues.asp

It is the Fall 2006 Issue - project #13...hope that helps you!

jamadian75
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
*kerBUMP*

Did you guys finish your hoodies and not tell me! :pout:
I had to dig to find us in the KAL list.

I haven't picked it up lately and it is literally HAUNTING me.
No idea why, but I just have to get back to this.

As motivation, I finally ordered and received by big blocking board (http://www.yarn-store.com/blocking-supplies.html) :cheering: JoAnn's had a 50% coupon recently...a girl's gotta do.... :teehee:

So, if someone from here writes back with some progress, I'll know that we're no "Page 2" Knit A Long, and I'll get going again.

Stiney
03-28-2007, 03:02 PM
We're still alive!

I've been working on it, exclusively, in my limited knitting time. Knitting causes me pain. I usually don't even get in a full row before I have to stop, and never two full rows. :pout:

jamadian75
03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I've been working on it, exclusively, in my limited knitting time. Knitting causes me pain. I usually don't even get in a full row before I have to stop, and never two full rows. :pout:

That might be the saddest thing I have heard all week! :pout:
Sorry to hear that Stine! :hug:

RJ Steele
03-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Hello to all! This is my first post, but I've been lurking since January... I've been hoping someone would post about the CPH - I'm halfway thru both sleeves now... rather pleased that the cables are cable-ing as this is my first ever cabled project.

RJ Steele
03-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Hello to all! This is my first post, but I've been lurking since January... I've been hoping someone would post about the CPH - I'm halfway thru both sleeves now... rather pleased that the cables are cable-ing as this is my first ever cabled item. You've all helped me with this project - thanks so much! I'm so glad I found this site... :waving:

jamadian75
03-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Hello to all! This is my first post, but I've been lurking since January... I've been hoping someone would post about the CPH - I'm halfway thru both sleeves now... rather pleased that the cables are cable-ing as this is my first ever cabled item. You've all helped me with this project - thanks so much! I'm so glad I found this site... :waving:

Welcome to KH RJ!!! :waving:

And welcome to our knit-a-long. Nothing like a new member to get us going! :) :cheering:

RJ Steele
03-30-2007, 10:08 AM
:happydance: Good, I like to be useful! :cheering:

jamadian75
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
It's a rainy day in the sunshine state, and after what seems like AGES, I picked my hoodie back up again (this time to knit - last weekend, I blocked the back and sleeves).

I'm working away on the front pieces and BOY do I wish I had done the whole body in one piece. It looks like my measurements for ribbing might have been off on the fronts...:(

I did notice that the yarn softens and stretches and relaxes a LOT after washing (well, dunking in tepid water that is). I'm also glad I learned that the color runs a little, so I think the fronts can be manipulated to match the back after blocking.

How are you guys doing? :waving:

jamadian75
05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey guys,

I'm still making some steady progress on this...let's see, so far I have the fronts seamed to the back, and both sleeves have been seamed (I heard somewhere that it's easier to set in the sleeves AFTER seaming them to the armhle - we shall see :shrug: )

Now I need to knit the hood and the front edgings. From reading other sites, I'm going to attempt to knit the front ribbing band all in one piece on 2 long circulars - or maybe use my options 60" cable for the first time!

Anyone ele making progress on this?

RiverDaughter
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
You can still purchase the magazine on the web site, even if the new one is out. Hopefully they'll eventually just put the pattern up for purchase separately. But, I think I saw it recently in town, so I may buy it now, because, while I have no time or money to knit the Hoodie now, I want it soooo bad!!! :teehee:

Dilly
05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm still working on mine. Slowly but surely, it's getting done. By the time it's done, it will be too warm to wear it, but it will make an excellent fall sweater. :happydance:

jamadian75
05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Every stitch closer makes me want this sweater DONE!

Here's a post I've copied over from the other KAL for this hoodie (http://cphkal.blogspot.com/)
---

I wanted to share a great tutorial from Knitty.com which includes photos for set in sleeves. This bit of instruction was very helpful to me since I'm doing this for the first time. I used the weaving technique for vertical to horizontal seaming and mattress stitch for the vertical to vertical seams. I'm happy with how this first attempt has turned out so far (fell victim to some undrearm bunching on sleeve #2, ah well :shrug:).

The set-in sleeve tutorial is here on Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATspr06TT.html)

Voila!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/225/512408189_a54be50a21_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamamarce/512408189/)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/512408069_82fb93081e_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamamarce/512408069/)

Hint: I blocked all pieces, then seamed all pieces (body and the sleeves) before setting in the sleeve and I must say this was VERY helpful in keeping my seam even all the way around the armhole. I think I would have had more trouble with bunching had I attempted to do this flat, so "tube to tube" is a good way to go! (P.S. That's a tip I heard on a previous episode of the Stash and Burn (http://www.stashandburn.com/)podcast about finishing)

Tonight I have picked up over 300 stitches to knit the k2p2 ribbing for the button band. This calculation was really more than my brain wanted, but it's the last thing before I call this project done, so I'm ribbing away!

jamadian75
05-30-2007, 11:22 AM
*bump*

Hello fellow CPH knitters! I'm dooooooone!!

I posted several pictures out here (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=866634#post866634) in the "Watcha' Knittin?" thread.
I also have some more details on my blog (http://thebrownberry.blogspot.com/)

Hope you guys are still motivated to work on this - it's WORTH IT!
I'm happy to offer tips and hints for things that I picked up while doing this to make it an even more fun knit (though it's already pretty great as a project).

:happydancing::muah:

ironmaiden
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous -- great job!