PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh

Webigail
12-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Is there anyone from Pittsburgh? I'm new to the 'burgh, think finding a knitting buddy would help me shake my desire to run back to Manhattan :)

Nan101
12-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I don't live in Pittsburgh at the moment but I was born and raised there. I grew up in the steel valley area, a small town called West Homestead. It's about one mile from the waterfront and about 5 miles from Kennywood. I was just home to visit my parents for Thansgiving.
Now I live in Kentucky. :waving:

Webigail
12-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi Nan!

I don't think that I live too far from where you grew up. I'm not too familiar with Pitt yet. I'm from NYC and although, I went to grad-school here, I never ventured out too much other than classes, as I always had a boat-load of work to do LOL.

We just moved back here a few months ago. We're in Penn Hills. I never thought I'd like living in Pitt, but I admit that I absolutely love where we are. We're close to everything, including the turnpike (a girl's best friend when you travel a lot).

clara
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Dear Webigail,

I have just moved to the Pittsburgh area and would love to touch bases, become knitting buddies, and learn about the knitting stores in the area. We moved out from California this last January. We are adjusting and really like the area so far. I have been knitting for about a year and a half and I am hoping to knit a simple sweater soon. Hope to hear from you.

Clara

Webigail
03-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Welcome to Pittsburgh!

I'll send you a PM :)

Dlaney
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi, I'm from the "burgh". Born and raised here. I live in the South Hills. I'm part of a group that meets somewhat regularly. We do a lot of talking and some knitting. We usually meet and have lunch on Sat mornings. Sometimes we take knitting classes together. Email and let me know if you're in the area and perhaps you can come to one of our get togethers and meet the others. Elaine

booskibabe
05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm from a suburb of Pittsburgh - New Kensington. Been here all my life. Does anyone know if there are any LYS here? All I can find are Joann's and Michael's.

melflem
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi,
I just found this website and am so excited. I'm a fairly new knitter, and am now just branching out from those beginner scarves to a superhero cape for my 4 year old son. I'm in Plum. Do you get together at all?
Melanie

Brandy_m
09-01-2007, 11:25 PM
HI!!

I live up near Kittanning, but am always up for a trip :) New here too!

Brandy

cftwo
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I live east of the city in Westmoreland county!

kbachman92306
09-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone.
I grew up in Pittsburgh - well , 20 miles north in Beaver county and have been living in Connecticut for the past almost 4 1/2 years. My family is all in Pittsburgh. I miss them! Hoping to be back in the burgh in the next year or so...

Pandora
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi guys! I'm in Indiana, PA, so 45 minutes from Kittanning and 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh. I grew up in Greensburg, PA, which is also 45 minutes from here. I'd definitely like to meet some knitting friends in the area, and hope to have my car running again soon so that I can make the drive to meet knitters in the cities around me.

Andi-mame
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
If folks are road-tripping in to Pittsburgh, I'd love to meet up! I was raised south of the Burgh on the Monongahela near west Elizabeth. After college (IUP) I moved west for 16 years and just got back to PA in January. I live in Chambersburg, but we travel in to see family at least twice a month (the Turnpike office has my photo in accounts receivable in a gilded frame, I'm sure). I am knew to knitting and have no knitting buddies (yet).

CharAnn
01-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi:

I just joined yesterday, and am trying to figure out this mail setup before I start knitting! I live in Grove City north of you about 50-60 miles, but am in Pittsburgh quite frequently. It keeps away the little town blues! I'm originally from Michigan. Haven't knit since college(don't ask how long !) and am trying to get back to it. A friend of mine just opened a little knitting shop here in GC.

tranzlucent
02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
hi, i'm in pittsburgh. live in mt. washington, just a few min away from downtown. i just started knitting a few months ago.

karebear1
03-13-2008, 09:27 PM
OMG!!! I am in Beaver County about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh. I grew up near Kennywood and have a camp not too far away from Grove City. If anyone one would like to meet up....PLEASE PM me. I don't have any friends that like to knit so I think that this would be very cool!!!

sarahbean
07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
hi! i am in penn township, about an 60-45 min away from pittsburgh

Spikey
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Pittsburgh Knitters!

As many of you are aware, knitters from KH have been collaborating to make blankets, lapghans, baby blankets, & preemie blankets for some time now.

The Oddball Baby Blankets project has become so successful that Shandeh has broken it up into regions, and I am lucky enough to be helping to organize the Northeast region.

Our worsted weight blankets are going to Bridgeport Hospital, in Connecticut.

We've just arranged for the Special Delivery Unit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to be the recipient of any preemie blankets that we make. For those not familiar, this is a brand new, first-of-its-kind center specifically built in to allow women carrying babies with congenital heart disease or other serious congenital malformations, as well as women whose babies undergo surgery before they are even born! They are doing amazing, life-saving work. More information is available here:http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=85487 (sorry, don't know how to make pretty links )

The purpose in reaching out to you all is to increase our numbers for these terrific projects. You can see the list of current projects on our blog (link in my sig below) and on the NE knitters thread:http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81357
Your own sarahbean has been a new and enthusiastic member of our group!.

If any of you are interested in participating, please PM me with your address and we'll get you on the list. All are welcome, and new ideas for blanket themes are greatly appreciated!

restlesslilly
12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm in Indiana, Pa...brand new knitter here! Not sure if anyone posts on this thread anymore but thought I'd post anyway.

OffJumpsJack
12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Wow, my DW is from Plesant Hills. It's a small world here on KH, isn't it?

Well, now yinz all have a southern connection. After we married, DW and I lived in New Castle for a year then moved south, Way south! :)

Our home for the past ten years has been North Carolina, in a small town just east of Raleigh. It's not so small a town, quite a bit biger than "Mayberry," but just as friendly.

--Jack :guyknitting:

P.S. DW and I met in another small town while at university, anyone heard of

Slippery Rock? :)