View Full Version : knit stitches

12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi, this is my first time here and so I am introducing myself (not sure if this is the protocol). A member from a different craft group gave me this link today because I asked for an online knit-stitch website. I used to knit and crochet a lot (better at crochet) and I used to have a great book that was only knit-stitch patterns (I.e.: popcorn, shells, etc.) but I have moved and lost it.

At this time I am going to see if I can get back into this slowly and am thinking I will start simply making scarves in January for Holiday Season 2007. This is something I used to do with crochet and I learned so many different stitches. I think it would be a great way also to learn various knit stitches. So, that痴 me.

The forum looks like an nice site and I am looking forward to getting back into the world of knitting.

12-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! There are so many wonderfully helpful people here... enjoy!

12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks Laura, I知 feeling a little bit more motivated already. Needlework used to make me very happy and am I looking forward to a renewed pleasure.

12-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi there! Glad you found us!

Are you looking for a stitch library? There are a lot here

12-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I've found that knitting dishcloths/washcloths is a great way to learn new stitches also. They're long enough so that you reallylearn the stitch, but not so long that you're dying to finish and learn something new.

12-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome., Welcome :cheering: :cheering:

12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks gardenmommy, losnana and aineepooh1. Thanks for the link, gardenmommy, I値l check out the knittingonthenet site. Thanks for the idea losnana, dish/washcloths sounds like a great idea; I have been known to get impatient while experimenting with new stitches:-)! And congrats, aineepooh1 on learning to knit. I was just thinking, while knitting, about the day I taught my daughter to crochet. Her afghan keeps me warm where I sit to knit now.

I lost my password (why do I always do that?) so I didn稚 get back to you but I have been knitting away and sticking to the stockinet in the meantime but I知 going to check out the knittingonthenet.site as soon as I post this. I like this site, just saying:-) and thanks for responding, all.

12-16-2006, 11:19 PM
If it's stitch patterns and dishcloth patterns you want go here; 5 pages of them - http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html

12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Thank you suzeeq (fun handle you have:-)

I will look at that too. Thanks so much. Right now I知 trying this one:

Since I last posted, I finished four sets of the pattern. I love texture.

I知 definitely very anxious to experiment with lots of different stitches and texture. I値l post back after I finish the one I just started and let you know if I found something there.

This is GREAT! I Love this site. :heart: