PDA

View Full Version : knit stitches

CynthiaAntoinette
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi, this is my first time here and so I am introducing myself (not sure if this is the protocol). A member from a different craft group gave me this link today because I asked for an online knit-stitch website. I used to knit and crochet a lot (better at crochet) and I used to have a great book that was only knit-stitch patterns (I.e.: popcorn, shells, etc.) but I have moved and lost it.

At this time I am going to see if I can get back into this slowly and am thinking I will start simply making scarves in January for Holiday Season 2007. This is something I used to do with crochet and I learned so many different stitches. I think it would be a great way also to learn various knit stitches. So, that痴 me.

The forum looks like an nice site and I am looking forward to getting back into the world of knitting.

CynthiaAntoinette

Eloewien
12-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! There are so many wonderfully helpful people here... enjoy!

Laura

CynthiaAntoinette
12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks Laura, I知 feeling a little bit more motivated already. Needlework used to make me very happy and am I looking forward to a renewed pleasure.

gardenmommy
12-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi there! Glad you found us!

Are you looking for a stitch library? There are a lot here

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

losnana
12-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I've found that knitting dishcloths/washcloths is a great way to learn new stitches also. They're long enough so that you reallylearn the stitch, but not so long that you're dying to finish and learn something new.

aineepooh1
12-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome., Welcome :cheering: :cheering:

CynthiaAntoinette
12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks gardenmommy, losnana and aineepooh1. Thanks for the link, gardenmommy, I値l check out the knittingonthenet site. Thanks for the idea losnana, dish/washcloths sounds like a great idea; I have been known to get impatient while experimenting with new stitches:-)! And congrats, aineepooh1 on learning to knit. I was just thinking, while knitting, about the day I taught my daughter to crochet. Her afghan keeps me warm where I sit to knit now.

I lost my password (why do I always do that?) so I didn稚 get back to you but I have been knitting away and sticking to the stockinet in the meantime but I知 going to check out the knittingonthenet.site as soon as I post this. I like this site, just saying:-) and thanks for responding, all.

suzeeq
12-16-2006, 11:19 PM
If it's stitch patterns and dishcloth patterns you want go here; 5 pages of them - http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html

sue

CynthiaAntoinette
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Thank you suzeeq (fun handle you have:-)

I will look at that too. Thanks so much. Right now I知 trying this one:

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/double.htm

Since I last posted, I finished four sets of the pattern. I love texture.

I知 definitely very anxious to experiment with lots of different stitches and texture. I値l post back after I finish the one I just started and let you know if I found something there.

This is GREAT! I Love this site. :heart: