PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying stitch pattern!

nicvanem
12-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey,

I've just started to get into knitting and I found this scarf that I would really love to try and duplicate, but there is no pattern for it and I can't figure out what stitch it is in because it was sewn so big. I attached a picture of the scarf, sorry if it's not that great, it's the only one of it! If you could tell me or suggest what stitch it is in, that would be great, thanks a lot!

-- Emma

Jan in CA
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
It's so scrunched up (as scarves do) that it's impossible to tell with any certainty. Do you have any other photos?

nicvanem
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I've fished all over the web, but I can't find another picture. =( The part near her left-hand shoulder is kind of flat, I was hoping that would be enough, haha.

CarmenIbanez
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
To me, it looks like either a cable, or entrelac.

Nourgihan
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
It almost looks like crochet with a really big needle.

nicvanem
12-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh, wow I never have even heard of that E-stitch (haha, already forget the name), I'll give it a test run for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have large crochet needles so I'm just gonna pretend and hope that it isn't crochet, hehehehe, although, with my luck it probably is! Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions, feel free to keep them coming, hehe!

mshelton
12-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Gosh, it almost just looks braided to me. Like they used 4 rows of braids attached together. :shrug:

JudyD
12-14-2006, 06:48 AM
I saved the picture to My Photos, switched to the enlarged version, and rotated her so that I had a fairly good look at the stitches as close up as possible.

I could be wrong but it looks to be nothing more than a K1, P1 across the row with bulky or very bulky yarn on very large needles, maybe 15 or 17; turn and do the same thing on the other side to make it reversible (knit over purl and purl over knit). I don't think there are more than 8 to 10 stitches across the row, but you can swatch to get the width you want.

At first I thought it might be a twisted stitch, but the scarf itself is twisted. The clearest view of the stitches is in the second vertical row from the left.

Hope this helps to get you the scarf you want!

JudyD

Stonington
12-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Judy,
This one is not exact but kind of close. Cameo Scarf (http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarves/cameo-faggotst-scarf.html)
:flirt:
anne

JudyD
12-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Anne!

:waving: from Lewiston!

I agree...not quite exact but pretty good substitute!

Judy

Stonington
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi Judy! I responded to you instead of nicvanem :oops: lol. Lewiston! not far away at all!

Happy Holidays!

anne