PDA

View Full Version : Seek printable card to keep track of which needles I have

redwitch
12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi all

I remember seeing an old post describing a printable table where one can check off needle sizes already owned, so when you want to know whether you already have size x you can pull the card out of your wallet instead of trying to remember and risking duplicating by buying a set you already have at home... or going home, incorrectly thinking you have what you need, and then being unable to begin the project. :doh: The link mentioned is long gone, however. Does anyone know of something similar available online? Drawing my own is a last resort, and I don't know any LYS that provides such a card.

Different categories for straights/circulars/dpns, metal/plastic/bamboo, different lengths, and pretty colours a plus but by no means essential.

Ta
Sarah

Eloewien
12-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I built one at the request of forum members a couple weeks ago. It's on my website at www.dragonwingarts.com

Laura

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
I made a full size one that I kept in my pattern binder (it's still there, but I have 2 denise sets now, so I don't use it). I can email it to you if you like, just email me your address.

redwitch
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Thank you both, Eloewien yours is great so I won't impose on you Hilde, but thank you.
Now where's my calculator to get the metric measurements? :??

Random fact: on my mobile phone, to get to the games, the icon I select is labeled 'Fun box'. Snigger.

Sarah

feministmama
12-15-2006, 12:20 AM
You could take a needle sizer, those metal things that have all the needle sizes on them with little holes, a lay it on top of an index card and color int he ones you have and leave blank the ones you don't have and then take it with you when you go to LYS.

Eloewien
12-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Would you like me to add metric measurements? It will take about 2 minutes...

madametj
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Would you like me to add metric measurements? It will take about 2 minutes...

please and thank you!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-15-2006, 04:16 PM
You could take a needle sizer, those metal things that have all the needle sizes on them with little holes, a lay it on top of an index card and color int he ones you have and leave blank the ones you don't have and then take it with you when you go to LYS.

Femmy you are the QUEEN of good ideas!!!!!!!! That suggestion is easy and free, like I like my men :eyebrow:

Eloewien
12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
I'll take care of this tonight or tomorrow and let you know when I post the updated version :)

knittingbuzz
12-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Very helpful. Thanks! I printed it on card stock so I can keep it in my handbag

knittingbuzz
12-16-2006, 06:51 AM

knittingbuzz
12-16-2006, 06:52 AM