PDA

View Full Version : Christmas FOs and a WIP

nadja la claire
12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I keep telling hellokitty that will post some pics of my fos and wip so here they are. I made scarves for everyone this year and I'm almost done. I've tried to match yarn and patterns to the indiviuals. I think I've done a pretty good job. I really like everything. Although I goofed on the Swish scarf, it still looks ok I think. I also decreased a little too drastically on Michael's cap but it fits him and it's still cute.

Nadja xxx

SkyBluePink
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Your FOs are beautiful! I especially like the Column of Leaves scarf. It is breathtaking. Where did you find the pattern? And what wool did you use?

Great job! :cheering:

nadja la claire
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Your FOs are beautiful! I especially like the Column of Leaves scarf. It is breathtaking. Where did you find the pattern? And what wool did you use?

Great job! :cheering:

Thanks, it is a great pattern. You can find it at http://brookenelson.com/leafscarfpattern.html or you can go to www.knittingpatterncentral.com and look for Brooke's Column of Leaves Scarf. The blue one is made with Andean Silk Hyacinth and the red one is in Bernat Satin Burgundy. Thanks again :muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jan in CA
12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow again! These are beautiful! They will all love them!

newamy
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
All lovely. I really like the interlocking baloons, intricate and modern.

hellokitty165
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
wow Nadja... u impressed me !! u did a wonderful job !!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :clink: :clink: :notworthy: :notworthy:

no wonder you are so busie !!!!!

by the way u look cool !!! great job !!!! thanks for showing me your work ...well done !!!!

Mulderknitter
12-17-2006, 09:33 PM
i love and appreciate seeing others work. great job on the scarves especiially the balloon scarf! very gorgeous!

mrs desert rain
12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
you have obviously put a lot of time and thought into these gift -- it really shows! everything looks beautiful.

jberry16
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
I really like the red and the blue one. Nice job on all of it. :cheering:

nonny2t
12-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Everything is terrific and will be well loved!

Andrea
12-18-2006, 10:54 AM
You've been busy busy busy!! They all look fantastic! :cheering:

Mama Bear
12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Beautiful work all around. The Suri dream looks wonderful and so useful!

Mama Bear

GinnyG
03-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I dredging this post up because I have been struggling with this pattern for the better part of a week and just can't do it. Every night I start fresh but by th etime I get to row 7 or 8 (even made it to the second repeat ONCE) I've gotten off pattern.

The pattern "claims" to be an easy repeat :??

ANyone else tried and failed?????

nadja la claire
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for "dredging" it up, it was fun seeing it again. I'm assuming you mean the Column of Leaves. What exactly is the problem? Are you coming up with too many stitches, or too few? It is an easy pattern but you do have to pay attention. I'm working on an afghan done in this pattern and I can't tell you how many times I've messed up just because I was too tired or just not paying attention.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

GinnyG
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
As I mentioned in my PM, I have copied the pattern to WORD and printed it to a larger font. I think I keep losing my place in it.

I am curious, for the afghan, are you making strips and sewing together or are you repeating the pattern??? I think repeating the pattern would make me CRAZY :?? :??

knit-a-holic
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
All are fabulous! I especially like the balloon pattern scarf. I haven't seen that pattern before. :heart:

nadja la claire
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
All are fabulous! I especially like the balloon pattern scarf. I haven't seen that pattern before. :heart:

It's a great pattern but it takes a while. It's 45 rows to one pattern pass, I think. I found it in Scarf Style. It's deceptively easy.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx