PDA

View Full Version : FO Lucy and Dish Cloths

Stonington
12-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Morning-- here is a pic of my daughter's finished Lucy bag and some happy colored dishcloths for my mum.

Hope you all have a happy holiday! :hug:

anne

HamaLee
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I've always loved that Lucy bag and the color you chose is gorgeous--yay! I've gotta knit that someday in the very distant future when I can knit something for ME!

Your dishcloths are pretty too. I have a general dishcloth question for people--cuz it seems that they're made often. And I really enjoyed the few that I did knit. How do people react to getting them as gifts? And are they intended to be used or decorative?

Stonington
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Hama,

My mum actually asked for some. She loves them. I would like to make some face cloths for gift baskets next year. Thanks for the comments on Lucy :) It is a fun project.

anne

HamaLee
12-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Aw facecloths would be fun too. Dishcloths are just such a fun way to practice new stitches and patterns and still have a finished object in a reasonable amount of time. I guess I'd just feel bad about using something so pretty on dirty dishes :eyebrow:

Jan in CA
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Beautiful!!

Dishcloths... I love mine! I feel a little odd about giving them as gifts, but they are a nice little addition or a small gift for a friend or family member.

Stonington
12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Jan! I love them and depending on the person .. most people appreciate the gift.

anne

nonny2t
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Just beautiful! I love that bag and you are right, they are happy dishcloths!