brainybird
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Anyone here from upstate NY?

Ingrid
12-18-2006, 08:06 PM
How far 'up'?

suziehomemaker
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Does Syracuse count? I guess that's more Central NY but it's close!

Stiney
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Isn't everything except NYC "upstate"?

:teehee:

brainybird
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I live in Syracuse.

susies1955
12-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Now I'm upstate. I'm TWO hours north of Syracuse. My son works in north Syracuse.
Susie

suziehomemaker
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Susie!!!!

I emailed back and forth with your sister a few times. I'm up in Ogdensburg and Norfolk now about once a month so I'm hoping to get to their farm sometime after the holidays. Now that I'm spinning at least once a week I want to try out some of their alpaca fiber. It's been hard to travel with the baby but things are getting much better now.

We should plan a get together sometime for everyone to meet at a LYS or one of the festivals.

susies1955
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Suzie,
So when is your plan to move up this way for good?
I've never even been to my sisters Alpaca place yet.
Will have to get over there sometime.
Susie

suziehomemaker
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
If it was up to my husband it would be tomorrow but we need to be close to the airport since he travels so much (almost every week now!). We just bought his grandparents old house and we're fixing it up. New kitchen and windows this year and I'm going to tackle the bathrooms next spring. I think we'll be here to raise our son but we will definitely move if the school system isn't what we want for him. I'm a bit scared about the North Syracuse school district - there's so many kids! I graduated with a class of about 70 so it's a big change.

We're talking about buying up a bunch of land in St. Lawrence county and just slowly building a dream home to retire in. Maybe make it a camp for a few years with 4-wheeling trails and then go up in the summer - but that's a long way off.

Our parents are up north so we plan to stay close. Right now 2 hours is a good distance for us but we still love it up there!

susies1955
12-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Suzie,
Sounds like you have a good plan.
My graduating class was 31 and was the biggest they had ever seen. :)
My son lives in Homer and it takes him about 2 hours and 45 minutes to get here. They are renting now and plan to buy a house somewhere like you said.........with a smaller school.
He works in North Syracuse and his fiancÚ works in Syracuse.
Hope your plan works,
Susie

suziehomemaker
12-20-2006, 10:43 AM
My husband and I went hiking in park near Homer! I remember driving through it and thinking it was a really nice town.

We have all sorts of ideas for the future, he's definitely a dreamer. Ask me next year and I'll probably say we're saving for a move to Colorado! :teehee:

susies1955
12-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Well then I'll say I hope your DREAMS come true. :)
Susie

Lisa1216
12-21-2006, 10:56 AM
I live about 25 minutes north of Syracuse between Central Square and Parish. I work in Syracuse though.
Suzie~you are right about N. Syracuse schools being huge. I think they have about 700-800 kids in their graduating classes.
Brainybird~ Thanks for starting this thread! I see in your profile you are a registered nurse. I am too but no longer work as one. I used to work at St. Joseph's Hospital and then at an OB/GYN's office.
Susie~I think we chatted one time on a different board, HGTV's I think. Hello again!
Enjoy the holidays everyone!

suziehomemaker
12-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Lisa - I'll be waving from 81 tomorrow as we drive north for the holidays!
:cheering:

Lisa1216
12-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Have a safe trip...at least the weather looks good for the weekend....No lake effect snows! (Although a little white Christmas would be nice!)

suziehomemaker
12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
We have a 4 wheel drive truck so snow won't slow us down! We definitely want a white Christmas - this green grass is depressing :teehee:

susies1955
12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
........Susie~I think we chatted one time on a different board, HGTV's I think. Hello again!
Enjoy the holidays everyone!

Hi there Lisa,
I 'was' on the HGTV board for just a short time. It could have been there.
I hope my son and pretty soon to be wife can find a nice small town place to live our your way.
Enjoy the holidays,
Susie

Lisa1216
12-21-2006, 12:01 PM
It's a nice area-close enough to the city and work, but far enough out to not be crowded in the suburbs.

Lisa1216
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM
We have a 4 wheel drive truck so snow won't slow us down! We definitely want a white Christmas - this green grass is depressing :teehee:

4-wheel drive is a must! I went a few winters without one...never again!!

roxtarchic
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
anything north of Yankee Stadium is Upstate to me (i'm from queens)
we may be movin to North Salem, NY.... anyone from up there?

brainybird
12-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Lisa,

I worked at St. Joe's for a few months several years ago as a travel nurse. I've been in home care now for 5 years and I love it.

Lisa1216
12-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I worked in Labor & Delivery for about 5 years in the mid-to-late 80's, then had enough of switching day-night shift and went to an office for about 9 years. I loved L&D though. If I ever had to go back to hospital work, that is where I would want to be. :heart:

suziehomemaker
12-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I loved St. Joe's - that's where I gave birth this past May. They were so good to me. I was in the Birth Place though so my DH could stay with me.

Lisa1216
12-22-2006, 10:25 AM
The Birth Place is really nice for low risk pregnancies. Kind of a homey, low intervention delivery, but with facilities near by if the delivery doesn't go as planned. I never worked in the Birth Place, but the nurses there were wonderful.

temergency
12-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Hello, I'm Theresa and I live in Williamstown/Redfield area. I've been knitting for a long time but have recently gotten more active as I have someone at work who knits too! We knit together on breaks, lunches, etc!!

I just finished two christmas stockings (in time). My aunt knitted all of us stocking with our names knitted in them. She has passed and now it's my turn. I'm the oldest of eight with 10 neices and nephews with 1 on the way!!!! I'm busy all year with gifts, etc.!!!

I'm currently working on a mobius according to Cat Bordhi using Peace Fleece yarns and I'm going to start another afghan on size 50 needles (I had a pair of circulars made for me!). It's so easy and beautiful!

Hope everyone had a wonderful, beautiful, blessed holiday!!! xxx

Lisa1216
12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Welcome Theresa!! We are practically neighbors! My husband and I used to snowmobile up in Williamstown and Redfield all the time. We sold everything off a few years ago and now we are more into cars and drag racing. It's crazy what sleds and registrations cost these days! It sounds like you have been really busy with all the family knitting. I'm still trying to get one more present finished up for this weekend.
Hope you had a wonderful holiday also!

temergency
12-28-2006, 06:15 PM
My home is just off the trail from Williamstown to Redfield so we have been closer than we thought. With this winter, you were smart to get rid of them!!! You can drive on the trails now!!!! Have a great New Years!

Lisa1216
12-29-2006, 09:31 AM
It's been years since we've been up there but my ex-SIL's family has a camp off of Little John Road. (I think that's the name) We used to park up on that road and ride from there to the resevoir, Flat Rock and Barns Corners. I am glad we got out of the sleds. These past few winters have been bad for the sled business. My cousin has a hotel in Old Forge and businesses there are hurting without the snow.
You have a great New Years too, and a Happy New Years to all of the Upstate New Yorkers!!

suziehomemaker
01-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Happy New Year's Upstate New Yorkers!!!

I can't believe we still don't have any lasting snow! I shouldn't complain after what the Pacific Northwest just went throught but man, I'd love to have some snow now.

So where is everyone going for their favorite LYS yarns? I've been to the Mission Rose Quiltery and Knittery in North Syacuse a couple times and I've been meaning to visit North Wind Yarns in Oswego but I just haven't had the time yet.

Technically, I'm not supposed to buy any more yarn as part of my New Year's resolution but I do have a birthday coming up!! :cheering:

susies1955
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Happy New Year to you too. :)
We had ICE New Years Eve. My oldest son and his lady went to my younger son's gig 15 minutes away and it took him an hour to get home. WHEW.
This certainly has been a strange winter so far but I do like the warmer temps.
I have a new LYS in the next town but I've only been there once and didn't buy anything. She has three big rooms full. I have to get back there with some money. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. How young will you be?
Susie

Lisa1216
01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I was just at Mission Rose the other night. (I received some gift certificates for Christmas :cheering: ) I really like it there and Beth is super nice and helpful. I bought some sock yarn to try. I've never knit on such small needles before, but so far it's going good. My sister gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to The Knitting Connection on Burnet Ave. I haven't been there yet, but she said it seemed really nice and the women there were friendly too. It's around the corner from where I work, so I'll have to sneak over there during lunch one day and check it out. I haven't been to the one in Oswego either. I don't get out that way very often.
As for the snow...a little would be nice, but I am enjoying the daily work commute without it! It definitely is strange to see people still out on motorcycles in January.

suziehomemaker
01-04-2007, 09:54 AM
My birthday isn't until March (I'll be a whopping 29) but technically mine is the first in our families so everyone is shopping now. I have asked for knitting stuff and roving to spin up. I decided that I don't want to just hope they get me something I would like - I told my DH some great ideas and he's spreading the word!

Lisa - Let us know if you like The Knitting Connection. I haven't heard of that one but I love to just stop by and window shop.

There's a place in Madrid up north that I've heard about but everytime we drive through we don't have time to look around to find it. I think she sells spinning supplies too so I've got to get up there sometime this summer.

susies1955
01-04-2007, 11:03 AM
There's a place in Madrid up north .

The place in Madrid is closed but you would probably love the Canton one.
Susie

suziehomemaker
01-04-2007, 11:21 AM
There's one in Canton? Where abouts? My Gram is in the nursing home in Canton so I could easily stop by there as well.

susies1955
01-04-2007, 11:42 AM
The shop in Canton is 4 Main Street. She is in the front part of a Lawyers office. It is a HUGE building.
You go past the park and it is right there on your right. Hard to explain.
PM me and I'll give you her email and phone number.
Susie

suziehomemaker
01-04-2007, 11:58 AM
I think I got it. I went to SLU so I'm famliar with Canton. I'm definitely stopping by next time we visit my Gram.

Lisa1216
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
My dd has applied to Clarkson for college, so if she's accepted and decides to go there, a side trip into Canton might be fun! Do they sell yarn, or is it mainly spinning and supplies? Even if it just spinning it would be worth a trip to check it out. I've always been interested in spinning, but never looked into it seriously to try it.

susies1955
01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
The place in Canton is calle Linsie Woolsie. There are three BIG rooms full of yarns. She also has knitting supplies and books and patterns. You will love it there.
She is open Tues. thru Sta. Noon to 7 pm and Sun 1 to 4.
Susie

Lisa1216
01-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks Susie!

temergency
01-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Regarding the LYS, I've been to NorthWind Yarns in Oswego and love it. I haven't been there in a while, I work in Pulaski now and it was easier to go when I worked in Fulton. They have spinning, weaving and knitting and are so nice...

suziehomemaker
01-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm planning a trip there for this Saturday to pick up some extra bobbins for my spinning wheel. I talked to them on the phone and they were so nice. I might pick up some roving while I'm there too but it depends on how much time I have to look around. My DH is gone for business until Sunday so it will be me, my parents and my 8 month old for this shopping trip. I can't wait to go!

temergency
01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
We are getting hammered here, check the doppler before you make the trek but have fun!!! :?

suziehomemaker
01-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I woke up with morning to see a blanket of snow!! It's so beautiful and it's still coming down in big lake-effect chunks. I think we've got at least 6 inches so far!

I took my son to day care this morning and he was having so much fun. The flakes would land on his face and he'd try to swat them. I just wanted to keep him and play outside all day.

Lisa1216
01-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Of all days for the lake effect to hit and move into Syracuse...I had to drive to Rochester this morning and take my oldest dd back to college. Once you got past Geneva it was clear and sunny, but before that....very slow moving and white-outs. Gald it cleared out for the ride back this afternoon. I love the snow, but hate to drive in the lake effect stuff.

Suzie~ You'll have to take your little one out when you get home and play in the snow. You'll have so much fun!

suziehomemaker
01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Every night when we come home I take him out into the drive way and I point out things to him. Christmas lights were cool and he loves watching the wind blow the trees around. He's only 8 months old and not walking yet so I don't feel comfortable taking him outside yet. In a couple months we'll definitely be out there.

Funny story - I've never used a snow blower before. We had apartments out in Chicago and our townhouse association hired people to plow and shovel. DH is in Miami for business until Sunday and we get dumped on today. I decide that I'm going to shovel on my lunch break (I work from home) instead of working out on the treadmill. I get out there and the snow is way too heavy for my out of shape body. So - I think to myself "I'm a smart chick, I can figure out the snow blower". Yeah right. I couldn't get it to start so I called my dad. He walked me through all of the steps and it still wouldn't start. After about 45 minutes he decides that there's probably no key in the darn thing. I search the garage and finally find the key under a bunch of junk (thanks hubby) and it finally starts. I'm all excited and I go from the house to about half way down the road and it stops blowing. Bunch of heavy wet snow is stuck in the blower. So I take 10 mins to hack that out and get it clear again. I finish my initial pass and get to the road, struggle to turn around and start back up. I'm feeling so free and independent - I can do this! Then it shuts off. I drag it back up to the garage plug it back in to start it and it chugs for a minute and shuts off again. I'm out of gas and DH didn't leave me any extra in the little red can.

All of that took about and hour and a half. If I had just kept shoveling I would have been done by now. I still love the snow though!

Lisa1216
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
:hug: Your story is similar to my first time with the blower. It had enough gas, but was an older model (1970ish) and was such a struggle to use. After one pass, and dragging it back up the driveway, I put it away! Our driveway now is alot bigger and hubby uses a 4-wheeler with a blower on it to clear it out. Just be very, very careful clearing out the blower if it gets stuck with ice and snow. A friend of ours thought his hand was out far enough when he pulled out a chunk of ice, but the blades spun around once the pressure from the ice was off, and he lost 2 of his fingers.

I forgot your son is still a little, little guy. Soon you'll be out there with him! My girls loved being pulled around in one of the baby sleds when they were little.

suziehomemaker
01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Lisa! That's a great idea! I never honestly thought about getting a sled for him. I must be the worst mom ever. I'm going to WalMart on Saturday when my parents get here and I'm definitely getting him one. He's got a snow suit already but I never thought he'd need it until he could walk.

I just hope the snow stays long enough.

suziehomemaker
01-18-2007, 10:19 AM
I went to North Wind Yarns on Saturday and just loved it. It was really hard to find since they have a white sign that was covered in snow. Plus they're not on the street, they're back behind another building - definitely hard to find but well worth the trip.

Dan was very nice to me and my father. They have lots of brands that I absolutely love (including Encore). While they only had a small section of roving for spinning he did mention that he could order anything I wanted if they didn't have it in the store. How nice!

I ended up buying a little over a pound of roving to spin, a pattern for a hoodie to make for my son and the 4 bobbins that I originally came for. I absolutely love the "Knitting Pure & Simple" line of patterns and I already have some yarn that will work nicely. My father was suprised that I didn't buy any yarn but I'm trying to stick firmly to my "Knit from my stash only!" resolution for this year.

Dan gave me 20% off my total purchase because I was a first time customer. Isn't that great service! I'm definitely coming back.

photogirl12
01-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I live north of Albany and south of Saratoga.

suziehomemaker
01-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Welcome! :hug:

Lisa1216
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Welcome Photogirl~My husband has relatives north of Albany in the Hudson Falls/Warrensburg area, but that is farther north than you are.

Suzie~Now I'll have to make it out to Oswego to check out the store. Sounds like a really nice place. I still haven't made it to the store on Burnet Ave. I love the hoodie pattern too!

I never honestly thought about getting a sled for him. I must be the worst mom ever.
You're not the worst mom ever...this is your first winter with him and just never thought of it!! :heart: Maybe after the snow we are suppose to get today and tomorrow, you'll have a chance to be outside with him (once the temps go back up!)

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend!!

Quiltlady
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
I fellow New Yorkers! :cheering: I live ten miles south of Albany. We got two inches of snow today. The most we've seen all Winter which is fine with me. :happydance:

I've been seriously knitting for the past three years. I really enjoy it and find it very relaxing. I feel its a way for me to show my creative side. :teehee:

Lisa1216
02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Welcome Quiltlady!! I was in Albany last Saturday with my daughter. The drive out took alot longer than usual because of freezing rain. Definitely was not a fun drive. We've had a few feet of snow at my house, but I live a little south of the Tug Hill plateau and we get the edge of the lake effect snows.
Are you a quilter too? I have tried it a few times, but I like my knitting needles better than the sewing machine!

Quiltlady
02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, I do quilt. That is one of my favorite hobbies. I also enjoy doing machine embroidery. I bought an embroidery machine over a year ago and just love it. :muah:

But with knitting I can watch tv at the same time!!

It sure has been cold here!! Its only 14 degrees right now. Very crisp air. :oops:

Lisa1216
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Hope everyone is staying warm! The wind chills have been wicked! The lake effect machine has dropped about 4 feet of snow at my house, schools now closed for a second day. I know the northern tier was hit this past weekend. Hope everyone is safe and staying warm. After moving snow last night, it was nice to come in and settle in for a little knitting time. Definitely got my exercise last night and this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day!! :hug:

suziehomemaker
02-06-2007, 11:37 AM
The sun is actually shining for me today so the roads are clearing up a bit. It's so nice when the plows can finally get rid of the slush on the streets.

We have to head up north soon and we just heard about all of the closings up there. I think we got maybe 6 inches at the most at our house. I hope they have 81 and Rt 11 cleared up by the time we come through!

Lisa1216
02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I received an e-mail coupon from Mission Rose Knittery in North Syracuse for 20% off yarn, patterns, notions, etc. good through the end of February. If anyone would like it, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll forward a copy to you.
Have a great day!

temergency
02-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Hope everyone is recovering from the storms last week! My roof is shoveled, my driveway is open, and I can get to work but I got a 10 hour sweater almost all done during all this! All I have left are the sleeves! Hunker down for the night, gonna get cold!!!! Check out Susie's project on Whatcha Knittin forum.....we needed one of these last week!!!!!!!

Take care everyone!

Theresa

:noway: What my face looked like every morning last week!!!!

susies1955
02-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Theresa,
Thanks for liking my Ski Mask. :) Here is our weather report for the next few days:
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow until midnight... Then snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches by daybreak. Early lows around 3 below with temperatures rising to 5 above late. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
Wednesday
Snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the morning. Additional snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches. Highs around 11. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Wednesday Night
Cloudy. Snow likely until midnight...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Areas of blowing snow. Total snow accumulation 6 to 12 inches. Cold with lows around 2 below. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.
Susie

Lisa1216
02-13-2007, 08:59 AM
We finally got all of our roofs shoveled off yesterday and all of that snow moved out of the way. What a job! I heard on the radio this morning that the storm that is coming in from the west tonight is going to be wide spread with 1-2 feet of more snow before it is through.
Theresa~the snowmobiles must be going crazy up near you. All this snow definitely allows for more knitting time. :cheering: After moving snow, I don't feel like doing anything else but warming up and knitting. Can't wait to see your sweater once you get it done.
Susie~ Love the ski mask. It definitely would have come in handy this past week.
Stay warm everyone!

susies1955
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for liking my ski mask. :)
We are to get 1 to 2 feet of snow also.
It is -22 now. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Susie

Lisa1216
02-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Okay, you beat our -10 this morning. You win!!

susies1955
02-13-2007, 09:32 AM
:cheering: You beat our snow amount.......YOU win. :teehee:

temergency
02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
The snowmobiles are enjoying this weather and it sounds like a huge hive of bees outside my house. Luckily, I live off the road so I don't see them but they run 24 hours a day! It's good for the businesses but not so good for us locals....it's hard to go out to eat or have a few toddies because everything is so crowded!!!! I'm not looking forward to more snow, but whats 2 more feet? At this point, I'm in the mode!!!! I will post pictures when I get the sweater done, I have Monday off for the Presidents' holiday so hopefully then!

suziehomemaker
02-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Our flights to Charlotte were cancelled yesterday. We were supposed to head down there to spend time with DH's sister and family. Plus our little guy was going to meet his great-grandparents for the first time. We're bummed but there's really not alot we can do about it.

People were so angry at the airport. Our 9 month old just had a blast flirting with every woman he could see. I couldn't help but laughing. Our flight was cancelled, we got rescheduled and then that got cancelled too. That's what we get for scheduling a warm weather trip in February!

Let it snow!!!!!

(DH has used the snow blower more in the last couple days that he did all last year - plus he was wearing the wool socks I knit him to keep warm)

GinnyG
02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
HELLOOOOO from Ithaca NY :cheering:

Lisa1216
03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello GinnyG :waving: Welcome!!
(I guess my notifications of postings for this thread hasn't been working, so I missed saying Hello to you sooner). I love your avatar! Your puppy is soooo cute! :heart:

Hope everyone is doing well and knitting along. Glad the weather is starting to break and some warmer days are heading our way. I finally finished a pair of socks for myself and a pair of knee socks for my dd. Now I'm on the second sock for my other dd and had to have some hand surgery last week, but the stitches come out today :cheering: and I can get back to knitting. I'll have to get some pics up of the socks. They really do get addicting like everyone has said.
Suzie~How's your little guy doing? We had some traveling in February too, but luckily it was just after all of the big snow hit, so the delays were small. Did you ever make it to Charlotte?
Well, just wanted to stop by and say Hi to everyone. Have a great day!

suziehomemaker
03-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Well if you ask I can definitely gush about how gorgeous he is! Plus I just have to share a picture. He is only 10 months and he is already climbing all the way up the stairs. He's so close to walking. I just keep saying slow down! I have a feeling that will be a major theme for a long time.

By the way, what's the address fo that new yarn shop in Canton? We have a lunch date in Canton on Saturday with 2 other couples and I'd like to swing by.

I have already started making plans to go to the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY this year. It's not until October but I really (REALLY) want to go. Anyone else thinking about going?

susies1955
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Suzie,
That little guy is awesome. :)
Here is the info I have for the new yarn shop in Canton.
It is called the Linsie Woolsie and her phone number is 315-379-9810. She is open Tue. thru Sat. Noon -7pm and Sun. 1 to 4.
The address is 4 Main Street, Canton
Hope this helps you find it.
Susie

suziehomemaker
03-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks! We looked for it the last time that we went north but with no luck. It must have been covered by all the snow.

I just got the newsletter from Mission Rose Quiltery & Knittery and they have a bunch of new classes that I'm thinking about taking. One is to learn how to knit continental. I tried to do it myself but with no luck.

susies1955
03-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Suzie,
You may have to stop somewhere and have them tell you where to find it.
It is hard to explain.
You pass the theater going straight through the light. The park is on your right. You will see a road to your right (first right after you go through the light. The big building that she is in along with a lawyer that is in the back is right there past that road on the right. You can park right out in front.
Hope you find it,
Susie

suziehomemaker
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Got it. There's that building then the bank and around the corner is the church. I know exactly the building that you're referring to as soon as you mentioned the lawyer. Thanks again!

susies1955
03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
That's great.
Report in to use on how you liked it or didn't when you get back. :)
Susie

suziehomemaker
03-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Well I went to Linsie Woolsie in Canton and the ladies were very nice. I kept to my resolution to not buy any yarn so I bought a pattern, cloth DPN holder and some spinning roving. I thought their roving was a bit over priced and I was suprised they didn't have a scale to give me an exact price. I went ahead with the purchase because they're local and just starting out.

They did have some brands of alpaca yarn that I had never heard of. Something like "Frog Tree" but I can't remember. I was impressed with their inventory of bamboo needles and DPNs.

It would be nice if they had a larger area so that people could meet up and knit for awhile. Maybe in the summer they'll be able to put some chairs out on the porch for that. That's how I met all of the IL knitters and it was so much fun to go to a LYS & shop but then sit around and enjoy knitting with other people.

susies1955
03-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Glad you were able to stop into the yarn shop.
I signed up for a newsletter months ago and have never received one. I was told they would have classes and never heard about that either so I haven't stopped back in.
Hope the rest of your trip was fun too,
Susie

Lisa1216
03-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Suzie~Your little one is a cutie!! :heart:
I was hoping to get to the yarn shop in Canton if my youngest dd decided to go to Clarkson, but she does not want to go there, so I'll probably not get back up that way any time soon. I finally went to the Knitting Connection on Burnet Ave the other day, but didn't get anything. The store is small and there was a group of 4-5 women sitting around a table knitting. They seemed very nice and one asked if I needed any help. I didn't really see any yarns of interest and the book section was small. I was looking for sock yarns, which they had, but not quite what I was looking for. I'll go back in a few weeks, as I have a gift certificate for there, and see if I can find something else. I was a little short on time and didn't get to really take my time and look.
The Rhinebeck show sounds like fun. Have you ever been before? It would be fun to get a group of us to go. My dd has decided to go to Purdue for college this fall and I think she has to be there the same weekend that Stitches Midwest is going on. :happydance: I'll have to see if dh would swing over to IL for the show once we get her settled. Mmmmmm......I'll have to work on that one.

suziehomemaker
03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Lisa - If you end up driving out to Purdue let me know and I can send you info on a LYS that's in Michigan, definitely worth the trip. I've never been to Rhinebeck before but I figure it's in NYS and now that I'm here I have no excuse. I plan to buy a ton of fiber while I'm there for spinning or at least get some ideas. I'd like to take a class but they haven't released the schedule yet.

Susie - They told me that they had only been open for a month. I was a bit weirded out when they told me they sold the roving by the yard. Who does that? Everyplace I shop does it by the ounce. I might stop back up sometime this summer once they have some more time to get their feet on the ground. I am still deciding on the classes offered at Mission Rose. My MIL should be back up north by next month so I'm hoping she'll take a class or two with me.
My next goal is to swing by your sisters farm and check out her alpacas. It probably won't happen until this summer but I'll get there eventually! Plus my little/big guy will be walking by then and can enjoy a farm visit with me.

susies1955
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Suzie,
That is not true that they have only been open for a month. I went there about three months ago and they had been open for about a month then.
I'm not impressed with them. You would think they would have sent out some sort of newsletter by now.
Oh well.
Hope you have fun at the Alpaca Farm.I still haven't been there.
Your little guy will probably love it.
Susie

suziehomemaker
03-27-2007, 09:19 AM
That's so weird that they would lie. Ok - I don't think I'm going back. first the roving issue and now this. Well, at least I tried to shop local! It's got to be all about customer service.

Speaking of newsletters. I'm on Missing Rose's and Northwind Yarns and they just make me drewl every time I get theirs. The latest Mission Rose newsletter was 10 pages long, mainly of classes! I need to start scheduling now! :happydance:

susies1955
03-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Where is the Mission Rose?????? Near you?
Susie

suziehomemaker
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
It's in North Syracuse on Route 11, very easy to find and about a 3-5 minute drive from my house. They're mainly a quilt shop but they do have a room or two for yarn. They have a ton of quilting classes (one is for a bag that I just love - I think I need to learn how to sew) but they just started expanding their knitting classes. Here's their website:

http://www.missionrosequiltery.com/

Let me know if you ever come down and I'll meet you there!

susies1955
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
We do get down in that area once in awhile but we are always hanging out with our son. I try to get my husband to stay the weekend but he drives down, visits for a few hours and heads back. My son lives in Homer and he works just off Taft Road on Caswell Street.
:)
Thanks for the link to the Mission Rose. I'll read their newsletter later. :)
Susie

Lisa1216
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I really like Mission Rose. Susie~Your son's work is only a few miles from the store. You should stop in if you get the chance. I've never taken any of their classes, (there always seems to be some conflict with my/kids schedules) but I love their yarns. I like the store better than the other one I went to over the weekend.

susies1955
03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Lisa,
I'll WILL have to stop one day. We plan to go see where our son works too and haven't gotten there yet. He talks of driving us over but we usually go to the mall and out to eat. :)
Thanks,
Susie

suziehomemaker
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Festivals are coming up soon and I'm determined to go to a few this year. First is the Jefferson County Sheep & Wool Festival on June 16 & 17, anyone going?

Here's the info that I could find:

http://home.usadatanet.net/~agstonemills/events_calendar.htm (http://home.usadatanet.net/~agstonemills/events_calendar.htm)
The Stone Mills Museum just north of Watertown, New York
34312 Route 180, LaFargeville, NY 13656, ph. 315-658-2353

The Museum is located north of Watertown NY. Follow Route 12 north to Gunns Corners, turn right on Route 180 to Stone Mills. The Museum is at the top of the hill on the right, just east of Stone Mills (a small hamlet).

It's about an hour drive for me so I'm planning to take my son and husband with me and meet his parents there on Saturday. Our hopes are to walk around and make a nice afternoon of it. I have heard that it's a small event but I couldn't find information on what will be there or what the hours will be.

want2knit
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks, Suzie, for posting that. Not too far from where my parent's have a vacation place, so I'm thinking of heading up that weekend possibly while oldest son and dad are gone on a Boy Scout event. Woo-hoo--it would be my second fiber fest!

mks22300
05-26-2007, 10:59 AM
This is the first time I wandered into this forum. I'm from Upstate too, well, technically, Western NY :teehee:. I'm from the Rochester area.

suziehomemaker
05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome mks22300! Are you close to Hamlet? The Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival is there in September and I'm thinking about going to that one this year too!

Krisknits
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I just registered here. What a great site. I'm from Syracuse area as well. I just started knitting about 6 months ago and I can't stop! :)
I absolutely love Mission Rose.

Lisa1216
05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone & welcome :waving:. I've been more lurking than posting the past few weeks. Suzie~I'd love to go to the Jefferson Co. festival, but that weekend already has things going on. Do you know the dates of the Finger Lakes one? I'd love to get to one this year too. (If I can get it on the calender now, I have a better chance!)

I haven't been doing alot of knitting this past few weeks except for a dish cloth and trying to finish up the second sock of a pair I started months ago. I'm really not liking the yarn, so it's hard to get motivated to finish it. I did finish knitting the Harry Potter scarf a while ago, now I just need to block it and add the fringe.

Hope everyone is enjoying the great weather and that you all had a good holiday weekend!

suziehomemaker
05-30-2007, 08:43 AM
I saved everything in my calendar so I wouldn't forget!

The Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival is September 15 & 16 and all of the info is at this site: http://www.gvhg.org/fest.html (http://www.gvhg.org/fest.html)

I should also mention Rhinebeck because I'm definitely going to that one this year. It's technically called the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival and it's on October 20 & 21. The info isn't updated yet with workshop schedules but the site is: www.sheepandwool.com (http://www.sheepandwool.com)

I found this nice group to knit with on Monday nights too: http://groups.msn.com/KnitoriousSyracuseChicksWithSticks/yourwebpage.msnw
Keep an eye on the RSVP section for dates and times. I've only gone once but I really liked knitting with everyone so I'm going to go regularly now on Mondays. They do weekend gatherings too but I just can't swing that with my schedule.

Lisa1216
05-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks! I marked my calendar. Everything at our house has to go on the calendar or it doesn't get done! I'll check out the Syracuse knitting group. I didn't know one existed. Sounds like it would be fun!

suziehomemaker
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Let me know if you end up going to the Monday night group and I'll look for you. I've only gone once so we can be newbies together! They meet in the cafe at the new Wegmans on Rt 57 and John Glenn.

Lisa1216
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I'll let you know, thanks. I'll check and see what's going on this Monday.

kimknits
05-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi! I live in the Capital District area. Is anyone nearby?

Happy knitting!
Kim

suziehomemaker
06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome Kim! I have heard there's a few nice yarn shops in the Albany area but I haven't ventured over there yet.

I went to the Monday Night knitting group again in Liverpool. It was so nice! I thought it would be weird meeting up with strangers but it was lots of fun. I am inspired to do bigger projects now after seeing what everyone else was working on. I think I'm going to make this a regular thing now. They all belong to the local knitting guild so I'm going to have to look into that more.

I hope everyone is drying out and enjoying the sunshine!

sue in canada
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi there.
I actually live in Canada but go to Buffalo at least once a year. Does anyone know of any good yarn stores in the Tonawanda/Buffalo area? Thanks

suziehomemaker
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Welcome!

Where in Canada are you? My husband and I love taking trips to Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville, etc.

I did a quick search on www.dailyknitter.com (http://www.dailyknitter.com) and found these in that area:

Buffalo, NY
Elmwood Yarn Shop
1639 Hertel Avenue
Phone: (716)-834-7580

Buffalo, NY
Karma Knitting
5459 Main St.
Phone: (716)-631-9276

North Tonawanda, NY
Yarn It All
6949 Bear Ridge Rd.
Phone: (716)-692-3456

North Tonawanda, NY
A Bit Of Magic
4635 Tonawanda Creek
Phone: (716)-812-8290

I have no idea on the quality of these shops but it's a good start!

ahkatelier
06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi,
I am a Southern Californian who summers in Upstate NY. My son is stationed in Watertown. I have to be in Syracuse at least twice to pick up and drop off a friend at the airport. Maybe more. Still I don't like to leave camp much once I am there.
The only LYS I know of around there is the Old Forge Hardware store.
I have a plan to knit(actuallly I have a crochet pattern I think I am going to use) an afghan while I drive cross country. The plan is to pick up a new yarn in each state and add it as we drive through that state. I need to find good yarn stores as I go.
It would be nice to meet fellow knitters while I am in New York this summer.
Allison

sue in canada
06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Suziehomemaker,
Thanks for the info. I will try to check out at least one of them on my next visit. I also go to AC Moore and Joanns to look for different ideas.
I am in the Toronto area but must admit that I have never been to the downtown yarn stores.

suziehomemaker
06-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Sue in Canada - The Yarn Harlot is in your backyard! :happydancing: There's one shop that she always talks about in her blog but I can't remember it now. You should venture out and visit so I can live vicariously through you!

ahkatelier - I'm actually heading up through Watertown today to visit my folks up north but I am going there next weekend to the Fiber Festival that's nearby. I love your idea for the afghan - my MIL crochets in the car when she travels too. I just stick to my knitting. Have a safe trip!

rfmommy
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Kim, I live in Grafton, east of Troy. Where about in the Capital District are you? I checked out your website, my husband and I love Irish music, but we have 2 young kids. so we don't get out much. Where do you shop for your yarn around here?
Sarah

ahkatelier
06-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Suziehomemaker,
I wish I would be there for the fiber festival, but that is right about when we're leaving to drive across. I am a very new crocheter. I've only made a few mini granny squares before and am not venturing far from there. I think I need a knitting project too. I am definitely faster and more skilled at knitting.

Let us know about the fiber festival. I've never been to one yet.

Happy Knitting,
Allison

suziehomemaker
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm so excited to go to the festival this Saturday! I don't have any plans for anything in particular, just walking around and visiting all of the vendors. I really don't need to buy anything either. I might though if I can find some roving for spinning that's dyed in a really bright color. I have all natural stuff now and it's definitely getting boring.

I'm going to take my camera. I hope I don't look too weird taking pictures of everything!

:happydance:

photogirl12
06-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi! I live in the Capital District area. Is anyone nearby?

Happy knitting!
Kim

I live in Halfmoon, NY (kinda north of the Capital District, near Clifton Park)

want2knit
06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm so excited to go to the festival this Saturday! I don't have any plans for anything in particular, just walking around and visiting all of the vendors. I really don't need to buy anything either. I might though if I can find some roving for spinning that's dyed in a really bright color. I have all natural stuff now and it's definitely getting boring.

I'm going to take my camera. I hope I don't look too weird taking pictures of everything!

Well, what did you think? It was a BIG disappointment to me! They had like all of 5 or 6 vendors, 4 of which actually had yarn. I went to a fiber fest and bought soap and goat's milk lotion!! And the price to get in, how ridiculous. The best thing there were the 2 baby alpacas! I won't be going to that show ever again. If you haven't been to the Hemlock one in September, just wait for that, it's really worth it.

Sara
06-17-2007, 06:01 PM
We went to Hemlock last Sept. It was fun! And they had good vendors.

I'm hoping that I have a job before then so that I can get some SEX!
:thumbsup:

(that's Stash Enrichment eXpedition for any of you newbies!! :teehee: )

suziehomemaker
06-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I agree. The Jefferson County festival was so small! It was nice to walk around with my family. My son got to pet the baby goat and one of the german sheppard puppies so he got a big kick out of that. I bought the goats mild lotion too! It smelled so nice.

I ended up buying 4 balls of roving in gorgeous colors for about $18 all together. I knew that it was going to be a small event but to charge $5 per person to get in is a little much for just a few vendors.

KathD
07-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey, hey! Nice to hear from fellow New York Knitters.:hug:
I live in Dryden--right between Cortland and Ithaca--(OMG I'm having my 30th HS reunion in a couple weeks:oo:) Didn't someone say they were from Ithaca?? Yay, Ithaca!! If anyone is passing through we have a new LYS called Knitting Etc. its in Triphammer Mall right at the exit from route 13 -- www.knittingetcithaca.com

I've never been to one of the fiber festivals--I think this is the year!
Happy knitting all--:lol:

suziehomemaker
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm with you KathD. The next festival is in September in Hemlock and I want to try to take some lessons while I'm there.

How's everyone hanging in there with this crazy weather? Unbearable hot one day and downpours the next!

MsBehavin
08-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I am from Campbell ny, about 1 and a half hours from syracuse...... Wendy

suziehomemaker
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome! Do you have a nice LYS near you? I love going to new ones.

GinnyG
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey, hey! Nice to hear from fellow New York Knitters.:hug:
I live in Dryden--right between Cortland and Ithaca--(OMG I'm having my 30th HS reunion in a couple weeks:oo:) Didn't someone say they were from Ithaca?? Yay, Ithaca!! If anyone is passing through we have a new LYS called Knitting Etc. its in Triphammer Mall right at the exit from route 13 -- www.knittingetcithaca.com (http://www.knittingetcithaca.com)

I've never been to one of the fiber festivals--I think this is the year!
Happy knitting all--:lol:

HI!

I work in ITHACA about 1/4 mile from Knitting Etc., I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a good thing I don't usually have a car at work (I ride in with DH) cause I'd go broke at lunch time. They have WONDERFUL classes!!!!!!!!

8kids4me
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
A long time ago, people from around here(Rochester) used to say we were in upstate. Now to make it easier to pin point us, we say western. Upstate covers a lot of real estate :wink:

Cindy B

suziehomemaker
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Next weekend is my anniversary with my DH and we decided to keep everything low-key this year because of an overseas trip we're trying to plan for January. So, we're going to Sackets Harbor for the weekend to enjoy some local stuff (I'm going to try to get him to take me to Boldt Castle too).

Anyone know of a LYS in that area that I could visit?

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Gloversville, NY here... about 45 minutes northwest of Schenectady and also about 45 minutes west of Saratoga.

Lisa1216
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Anyone going to the Finger Lakes Fiber Fest this weekend? I'm actually free on Saturday, so I'm planning on going. Not taking any classes, just walking around to see what's there. I've never been to a fiber fest before.

Suzie~Are you going? I have yet to get my act together on Monday nights to go and knit at the Wegmans on John Glen. Do you still go there?

suziehomemaker
09-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm going on Saturday to the festival!!!!!! I'll be there with my parents and son since my DH is going to stay home and get some work done in his wood shop. I have no idea what to expect and I don't normally impulse buy for yarn but I'm up for the challenge! I'm not taking any classes either this time, hopefully next year.

I stopped meeting up on Monday nights because DH has been traveling non-stop now for work. He's either gone on Monday nights or getting ready to go. Even if he has a week at home I tend to just want to spend time with him. I'm hoping his travel schedule will lighten up a bit so I can start going again. It really is a fund group of ladies to knit with. Do you have the link for their yahoo group where they announce the meetings?

Lisa1216
09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I'll be there Saturday with my DD, but if she can't go, then DH said he would go with me. (He's more of an enabler when it comes to me buying yarn, so maybe I should take him along!:happydance:) I don't have anything special in mind to buy, I just want to look around and see what's there. Hopefully the rain will hold off, looks like only a chance of rain Saturday. It would be fun to meet up there, although never being there before, I wouldn't know where to suggest. I'll have to keep a lookout for someone who looks like your avatar picture with a little boy in tow.

I have a link to the Monday night group through MSN. Is that the one? My DH drag races on Sundays, so Saturday is our only weekend day free. Mondays are usually crazy after work unloading our trailer from Sunday and catching up on the things that didn't get done on Saturday. By Monday night I pretty much just want to stay home and crash. Maybe later this fall when the racing season ends I'll give the group a try. It sounds like it would be a fun night out.

suziehomemaker
09-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Let's definitely meet up!

I still have the medium length hair in my picture and still very blond (I'm going more strawberry blond next month). I'm a big girl and my son will most likely be in a blue running stroller with the 3 big wheels. Oh! And my dad looks just like Kenny Rogers before he had all of that plastic surgery. Really he does! He'll probably be pushing the stroller or have my son on his shoulders.

. . .and my name is Angela!

Lisa1216
09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I have shoulder length light brown hair and I'm on the tall side, 5'10". Not sure what I'll be wearing, but I do have a red purse that I'll be carrying. Here is a pic taken last month. I'm the one in the red shirt and my DD is in the white shirt. ( My sister is the one on the left). Hopefully we will be able to find each other!!

suziehomemaker
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Perfect!

Waz
09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been trolling this thread looking for someone else in Western NY, as opposed to Central, and got excited when I saw a Rochester poster. I just read the postings about a festival this weekend and would like to know more about it for next year. Anyone out there...do tell.

suziehomemaker
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Lisa - It was nice to meet you! What did you end up buying?

Since it was so cold and rainy my mom ended up taking my son back to the car and played for about a 1/2 hour while my Dad and I surveyed the rest of the barns and tents. I bought 2 hanks of the Fingerlakes Yarns 100% wool in their purples (picture on my blog) and then my Dad bought me 2 hanks of alpaca in a nice charcoal color that I'll have to wait until Christmas to get.

This was my first major festival so I learned a couple things:
1. I saw more roving that I wanted to buy than yarn. So I will not buy roving for the next year and just bring a couple hundred dollars to this festival to spend. Instead of spending $25 here and there online I'll just buy it from the local vendors at the festival.

2. My "shopping list" should have more yarn in worsted weight. I had several projects listed with lace & fingering weight yarns and there wasn't much of this to choose from. There was a ton of worsted and bulky yarn.

3. Bring extra clothes for any kind of weather. We were worried about getting too warm and my son ended up not seeing any of the animals because it was just too cold.:pout: (Did you see the mini-sheep? I forget what they were called but they were adorable!)

I wish I could go to Rhinebeck now that I know what to expect! Oh well, there's always next year!

Lisa1216
09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Angela~It was so nice to meet you too! It was very cold, I wish I had another jacket with me. I bought 2 hanks of sock yarn of a cotton/bamboo blend, one in a color similar to the one you bought and one a bright blue. I don't have it with me, so I can't remember which vendor I bought it from. It is very soft and kind of stretchy. She had a knitted sock on display with the yarn, and I loved how it felt. There definitely was alot of roving, and the colors were beautiful. Spinning is on my list of things to look into and try someday. We spent a couple of hours there, and then headed out. It started raining as we were walking back to the car, and I had bought some kettle corn on the way out, so we were fumbling trying to get the umbrella open, and I was like "Protect the yarn!!" My DD and I were laughing that I was more worried about the yarn getting wet than ourselves. (She thinks I'm a crazy woman anyways!) I think the next time I go, I'll have more of a project list in mind. Oh...did you see the yarn for $150 a hank? It was one of the silk blends. I don't think I could ever pay that much for one hank.

I looked at your blog and love the braided cable scarf you made. I hope you don't mind, I copied the pattern. I love cables. Your other projects are beautiful too.

Again, it was nice meeting you and your family. Hopefully we can meet again sometime or I'll get to one of the Monday night knitting meetings.

suziehomemaker
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I was like "Protect the yarn!!"

:roflhard:

I said the same thing to my father! He had one of those paper bags with the handles so it was completely open. (He wanted to carry it because he bought it - so silly) I said that to him and he looked at me like I had 2 heads. I said "just close the top of the bag so it won't get wet". I then had to explain felting to him and he was completely full of himself latter explaining it to my mom.

I did see those handpainted ones all hanging up. I couldn't tell what weight they were but the sign said $70 to $180 I think. Ridiculous! My dad asked me if that would be a good present for Christmas. Uh . . . no. Not even for a gift. That's crazy!

I loved that braided cable scarf pattern! Enjoy!

Lisa1216
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
We are very protective of our yarn, aren't we? When I go to the yarn store and have to stop somewhere else, I always say to my DD's "Lock your doors, I don't want anyone stealing my yarn". They just roll their eyes. :roll: (I usually just say it to get the reaction out of them. They know my obsession with yarn.:))

tish
09-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone here from upstate NY?

I might be close to you, but in another country-Canada. I'm on the St. Lawrence River about an hour east of Montreal. Is anyone else out there from eastern Ontario?

susies1955
09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Tish,
I'm 25 minutes from the St. Lawrence River. If we were to go to Canada, we would cross over to Prescott.
Nice to meet you,
Susie

suziehomemaker
10-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Hello to all of the NYS & South Eastern Canadian knitters!

I just posted a thread in the Charity section about a local (Syracuse) rescue mission that is in need of some hats knit up in manly colors & patterns. I contacted them thinking that these national charities are great but it's good to help people locally too.

Here's the link to the thread: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=973495#post973495

If you would like to contribute, PM me for my address to mail the hats to. It's within a short drive of me so I will probably just drop them off in early December.

lhsullivan
11-03-2007, 08:50 AM
I am in the Adirondacks of New York. Now that is upstate! I look forward to hearing about new patterns, etc.

suziehomemaker
11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcome! Have you ever been to Adirondak Yarns (http://www.adirondackyarns.com/) in Lake Placid? It's been a while but I really enjoyed shopping there.

knitmonster
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I am in western (ish) New York, a tiny town called Jeffersonville. We're near Monticello and Bethel. Anyone from these parts? We just moved here and I would love to find fellow knitters.

knitmonster
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Actually, I guess I'm in southern New York, but west of the City. :shrug:

suziehomemaker
11-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I am in western (ish) New York, a tiny town called Jeffersonville. We're near Monticello and Bethel. Anyone from these parts? We just moved here and I would love to find fellow knitters.

Monticello sounds familiar. Is that in the same area as Roscoe? My SIL lives there with her family and we visit often.

knitmonster
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I'm about 20 minutes South of Roscoe. It's a great area, just no knitters. And no Yarn Shops.

suziehomemaker
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
That's what I've heard. :verysad:

My SIL has to drive up here to Syracuse to go to my favorite LYS.

knitmonster
11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe one day I'll open on up down here and then You can drive down to your sisters for yarn shopping... mix things up!

suziehomemaker
11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
That would definitely be fun!