PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lexus Holiday to remember commercials

stitchwitch
12-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Does anybody else just hate those Lexus commercials with the snotty neighbor women bantering back and forth thinking the new car in front of their houses is theirs? :grrr: I just wish they'd shoot another commercial where someone else from around the corner is the recipient of the gift, leaving their snotty butts speechless. That is all. :roflhard:

Chrissie
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hate those commercials too.....you have a great idea there. Perhaps you should e-mail the advertising dept. at Lexus.

brendajos
12-20-2006, 10:54 AM
i actually usually enjoy holiday commercials but yes, that one bothers me. i think part of the problem i have with it, beyond what has been mentioned already, is how gray and dismal the set is too, but for that big red bow. It just isn't pleasant to look at at all.

(My favorite holiday commercial of all time will be the PETER! Folgers commercial)

Angelia
12-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh, Bren, that is a sweet one! I love that one, too. Most Christmas commercials annoy me. I do giggle at the "he does exist" "they do exist" M&M commercial, even though the walking/talking M&Ms are a bit creepy looking.

AmandaC
12-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Here in the UK we have been very disappointed because we haven't had a specific Coca Cola advert this year ..... it's one with CC trucks and 'Holidays are coming, Holidays are coming'

Lot's of people comment that when they see that advert they know Christmas is on it's way :teehee:

ETA: it's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsk5SW789M

And there are several petitions on the web to get it reinstated because the people of the UK are not happy with the new ad :teehee:

Stonington
12-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Here in the UK we have been very disappointed because we haven't had a specific Coca Cola advert this year ..... it's one with CC trucks and 'Holidays are coming, Holidays are coming'

Lot's of people comment that when they see that advert they know Christmas is on it's way :teehee:

ETA: it's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsk5SW789M

And there are several petitions on the web to get it reinstated because the people of the UK are not happy with the new ad :teehee:

OMG you don't know what you started lol. I have just spent a considerable time viewing a bunch of the polar bear commercials.. :heart: Thanks! :hug:

anne

KnittyKitty
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
At the risk of sounding like Grinch - I absolutely detest ALL Christmas commercials. Its all about spending and getting people emotional and making it seem the only way to show someone they are loved is by spending big bucks. And yes, that commercial irks me - all of those Lexus ones do - the one I absolutely hate of the Lexus ones is when all of the neighbours are out on the lawn waiting for the husband to bring out the wife and show her the present of the Lexus and they all start cheering and crap. What would be great if when they show the repo company coming to haul it away in the new year! :twisted:

Really... does anyone remember the true meaning of Christmas? Oh yeah, there was a baby born on that day and stuff...

Stiney
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
I woke up with the Hess truck song stuck in my head, despite not having seen the commercial this year.

Honestly, I don't care how horrible the Lexus commercials are...I could listen to their announcer all day. His voice sounds like old money. :teehee:

I think the Kay commercials are the worst, year round. "Every kiss begins with Kay" my left butt-cheek.

stitchwitch
12-20-2006, 01:26 PM
I forgot the "he went to Jared" commercial! :roflhard:
Worse than the Lexus commercial is one I've repressed, the one where they guy gets out of bed and goes and gets this gimongous "journey" diamond necklace and puts it on his wife's chest. The thing is about 4 carats and then they come up with this song "I want to tell you that I'm always thinking of you......" Yeah, he's always thinking of you as he pays that thing off for the next 15 years!

CateKnits
12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
psssst, Stine, 'kiss' DOES begin with 'k'...

Kirochka
12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
You don't even have to believe in the Christmas story to have the ads want to make you scream... it really is all about Love = Spending Money. :ick: :ick:

(The ads that have the happy Polar bears and penguins frolicking together just make me grit my teeth because of the geographical illiteracy involved! Plus, I suspect if they really were on the same continent, those bears would be eating those penguins... :pout: We seem to have a lot of displays on people's lawns this year with "North Pole" signs, Santa Claus... and penguins. Okaaaay...)

Stonington
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
ouch

Stiney
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
psssst, Stine, 'kiss' DOES begin with 'k'...

Yes, it begins with 'k.' Not with "Kay" as in "Kay Jewelers." :grrr: :!!!:

Andrea
12-20-2006, 01:38 PM
:ick: They are all horrible!!! I haaaaaaaate the "He went to Jared!!!" ones the most I think! :!!!:

Stiney
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
:ick: They are all horrible!!! I haaaaaaaate the "He went to Jared!!!" ones the most I think! :!!!:

:??

I don't know these...what are they for?

Liliyarn
12-20-2006, 01:52 PM
At the risk of sounding like Grinch - I absolutely detest ALL Christmas commercials. Its all about spending and getting people emotional and making it seem the only way to show someone they are loved is by spending big bucks.

Really... does anyone remember the true meaning of Christmas? Oh yeah, there was a baby born on that day and stuff...

I'm with you. Grinch #2 here. We don't do gifts and I don't decorate much at all if any. We cook food for family dinner and do gifts to charity. There is something very liberating and stress free with our holidays.

Andrea
12-20-2006, 02:59 PM

A jewelry store like Kay. The whole commercial is all the females of one family practically slapping their significant others on the head saying "HE went to Jared :grrr: " about their sister's boyfriend or whatever because they didn't get jewelry from their poor DH/DBF. Stooooopid.

Stiney
12-20-2006, 03:02 PM

A jewelry store like Kay. The whole commercial is all the females of one family practically slapping their significant others on the head saying "HE went to Jared :grrr: " about their sister's boyfriend or whatever because they didn't get jewelry from their poor DH/DBF. Stooooopid.

:!!!:

Andrea
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
:teehee: See?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: They have forums (http://forums.commercialsihate.com/default.asp) for everything!!

mks22300
12-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't like those Kay or Jared commericals either and same with the Lexus ones.

There hasn't been very many Coke ads, I usually like those ones. I saw a Budweiser one the othr day that I thought was sooo cute. The baby Clydesdales were "throwing" snowballs at the big guys and one of the big guys had enough and went over to a tree and knocked a whole bunch of snow on them. :rofl:
My favorite Christmas commerical is the Hershey Kiss one with Deck the Halls.

BinkyKat
12-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Plus, I suspect if they really were on the same continent, those bears would be eating those penguins... :pout:

This makes the evil part of me :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: out loud!

I think one of the most memorable commercials was during the super bowl a few years ago after the WTC attacks where the Clydesdales travelled across the country to the edge of New York City and simply lowered their heads and sort of knelt down on their front legs... makes me weepy just to recall it.

I hate the Lexus commercials too, makes me think then of the Super Sweet 16 show I seem to stop on and watch for about 10 minutes until I want to scream. The cars and parties these people throw their money grubbing whiney kids sickens me to the core and I wish they would not show that on TV. :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: