PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver BC or area??

Mrs. Columbo
12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
I live in Surrey, BC and would love to meet other knitters in the area, mostly as an excuse to have a friend to go to Starbucks with .... :teehee: .

Toby

Macrina
12-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm a knitter who recently picked it up again, too, and am trying to learn something more than the basic knit & purl. And I DO love Starbucks!

Mrs. Columbo
12-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi Macrina,

Gee, nice to see someone else from Surrey!! I PM'd you but it doesn't appear in my sent items so I'm not sure if it actually went.

I met a gal last night at Blenz from another forum and she refreshed me on knitting so I can actually now do a pattern!!! ..... spent two hours, it was great! We plan to get together again, perhaps you'd like to join us if Starbucks is involved?

Toby

knitqueen
12-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to say HI :waving: as well!! I'm on Vancouver Island so not exactly close by, but still the same neck of the woods. :hug:

Dangles
01-13-2007, 05:39 AM
:waving: fellow LM ppl.

I'm new to knitting and live in the neck of the woods. Starbucks did someone say Starbucks??

Mrs. Columbo
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi Dangles,

I'm in Surrey (Fleetwood) .... I am always saying "Starbucks" .... my daughter works there .. I told her she works there so I can get my drinks cheaper. :teehee:

The Vancouver group has meetups several times a month ... I attended the one last Sunday afternoon downtown ....

Toby

Dangles
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Toby,

I'm in the S.Surrey area. and have a SB in my area 5 min by foot :teehee:

Mrs. Columbo
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Dangles,

I live near Northwood United church so am close to the one by Safeway in Fleetwood and not that far from the Guildford drive thru which is where my daughter works .... hmm, maybe we should have our own meetup. :hug:

Toby

dreadfull
02-02-2007, 03:41 AM
I live in Vancouver!!!!

though not in Surrey. I live right by Granville Island. The Fiber arts studio there has gorgeous handspun.

Mrs. Columbo
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I live in Vancouver!!!!

though not in Surrey. I live right by Granville Island. The Fiber arts studio there has gorgeous handspun.

Hi dreadfull

Nice to meet you .... haven't seen you post before .... do you know there is a Vancouver knitting meetup? If you'd like some info, let me know ... it's terrific.

Toby

dreadfull
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
i acctually didn't know about the meetup. I am a busy busy student, so i doubt i'd be able to make it very often, but i'd love details.

Mrs. Columbo
02-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi dreadfull,

Go to meetup.com and find Vancouver Knitting Meetup .... there is a message board although it's not a real busy one like this though it's kind of nice to see people in your own area posting ... you might have to join (no fee) in order to see the calendar .... they have meetups during the week, some of them may be in your area, then every second Sunday at 2 pm they have one at Bojangles Cafe on Marinaside Dr. ... they all congregate on the leather sofas by the window, it's great informal atmosphere and a lovely cafe and I think 2-3 of the gals are students .... they have one upcoming on Broadway at Calhoun's Bakery and they have a yarn swap at Bean Around The World .... it's really enjoyable and you get to meet some new knitters .... I started attending a Knitting Night at Knitopia in White Rock as I am closer to there than Vancouver .... I'm a real new knitter so any help I can get is most welcome!

Toby

dreadfull
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
i see you have to pay to join.
I'm a poor poor art student, so i guess this just isn't for me.
too bad. I'll continue to just stich and bitch with my roomates
there's also a gathering at a LYS near my place that i might start going to.

Mrs. Columbo
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
You don't HAVE to pay to attend the meetups, only if you want the benefits ... I don't think everyone pays ... hope you can go sometime.

Toby