PDA

View Full Version : Finish my first Blanket! WOW

Georgiasmama
12-23-2006, 05:40 AM
I am soo proud of myself. although this was not a hard pattern to knit up. it just took a long time. and I am pretty new to knitting. so it was fun but tiring all at the same time! I am glad its done. its for my mother in law. I know she will love it. its soo soft and warm. and he is a huge 49er fan. so the colors are just great for that.

I just need to knit myself one up. but this time I will not have to have it in time for anything, so I can take longer breaks when needed.

♠The Mod Squad was here for image resizing. :thumbsup:

lizzitude
12-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Lovely! I don't have the patience to knit something that large - I get bored too easily!

gardenmommy
12-23-2006, 11:20 AM
That turned out gorgeous! Looks very squishy and snuggly!

AnreeAce
12-23-2006, 11:52 AM
:cheering: :cheering:

Wow, she's going to love that! :heart:

Liliyarn
12-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Wat to go on finishing a Christmas knit!!!!

:cheering: :cheering:

kblue
12-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Beautiful :yay: What kind of yarn did you use it looks great! I had started a blanket a long while ago but i got tired of doing it and put it aside..and then i scrapped it and used the yarn for my sisters scarf and hat :teehee:

Georgiasmama
12-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone! she loved it. Said it was the best gift she got for Christmas this year. I used Lion Brand Chenille thick & quick. its really soft and cozy. AND get this..... they just got new chairs and the blanket matches perfectly!! She said she was looking for a throw for them. and never found anything that she liked or matched perfect, and this one totally does. Crazy! hehe

I have some yarn left over, so I am making a small blanket for our doggy! hehe she wouldnt leave my lap alone when I was knitting it up. so I figured she would get her own.

nonny2t
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
It is beautiful! Boy would that look great with a matching throw rug!

mystery
12-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow I think I'm gonna knit something with that yarn, it looks so soft :)