PDA

View Full Version : What'd you get for Christmas??

losnana
12-25-2006, 09:38 PM
A while ago someone asked what was on people's knitting Christmas wish lists. Now it's time to see who lucked out and how. My DH gave me KP Options, plus the 40 "" cable, the Knitting Stitch Bible, the Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques, and 2 skeins each of ArtYarns Ultramerino yarn. Unfortunately, my DS and DDIL gave me the same 2 books. Needless to say, I am one happy camper-make that one happy knitter!
Hope you all had a very merry Christmas too.

Braden
12-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I got The Knitters Bible by Claire Crompton, the KnitPicks Options Set, a new sewing machine, and Easy Afghans for Knitters. I got 5 balls of a blue bulky yarn, 3 1 lb. skeins of merino, and that does it for knitting stuff.
Really Like the Options.

brendajos
12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I didn't get a lot of knitting stuff...a nice knitting tote that will be perfect for sitting next to the chair with bigger projects...some :hair: fun fur and a knifty knitter. Yeah I will probably never use those two but I do love the thought considering that i didn't put anything knitting on my list this year! :teehee:

kristinw
12-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I got Options!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I am so excited! And I got some DPNs. So now I have no excuse to try knitting my first pair of socks. I'm scared and excited about that all at once. Now I just need some sock yarn.

Eloewien
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I got all kinds of knitting goodies--

-KP Options with extra sz 13 tips
-Noro and Cascade yarn
- Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers book
- Vogue Knitting shawls book
- Modular Knitting book
- Victorian lace today book

My birthday is in a week- now I just need laceweight yarn ;)

Laura

newamy
12-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Merry Christmas!

I got three knitting books: Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Knit Two Together, and Knitting for Peace.

ETA: I also got the S&B page a day calander.

Duckling326
12-26-2006, 01:16 AM
:happydance: My Hubby gave me a gift certificate for my LYS as did my MIL so total of $150 :happydance:

My MIL also gave me the pattern for Fiber Trends poncho which has the button up collar and the yarn to go with(basically a kit, I already have the needles)

Oh my Husband also gave me the Knitting Pattern A Day calendar.

:cheering: :happydance: Can't wait to finish my projects and go shopping for more!!!

geekgolightly
12-26-2006, 06:05 AM
cd's - sarah vaughn, lucinda williams, bob dylan sleater kinney, and wynona carr (1950's gospel singer who is amazing!)

books
knitters book of handy sweater patterns
sensational knitted socks
220 aran stitches
knitting around - e. zimmerman (!)
drugs are nice - lisa crystal carver

swift from joanns (which is missing the middle metal joins... has anyone ordered this from joanns and had this happen?)
the spindolyn (http://knittinganyway.com)
royal ball winder

im so excited!

momwolf
12-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Books
Knitting Without Tears
Simply Beatiful Sweaters
Knit Fix
The Twisted Sister Sock Workbook
The Magic Loop
Book from Limey on the beautiful mountains in the UK--Lakeland Views
DVDs
A knitting Glossary BY Elizabeth Zimmerman
Knittihg Workshop BY Elizabeth Zimmerman
How to Knit Two Socks At The Same Time
Needles
Some great circular needles from Limey
there are metal and have a metal cable THEY are WONDERFUL
best circular I have ever used
:cheering: :yay: :woohoo: :woot:

RachelJean
12-26-2006, 09:51 AM
I didn't get anything knitting related ... guess my DH thinks I have enough already. :shrug: However, I did get a nice diamond bracelet. :happydance:

Mulderknitter
12-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I got some very interesting gifts from my dh: DomiKNITrix and sexy knits for the bedroom, he said now I don't have to knit anymore scarves! :roflhard: My mom gave me the knitting pattern a day calendar and yarn harlot-very funny book for all you knitters! :hug: OOOOOOOOOOOO and my dh got me a $200 gift certificate to my lys. I LOVE that man! :heart: :heart: :heart:

jmp3775
12-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Wah :pout:
My knitting present got thrown out by accident. We were keeping everything in the garage away from the kiddies, and it seems when my husband threw out a bunch of boxes last week, my KP order went out with it!
He reordered it yesterday for me, but now the sock kit is on backorder. I was also supposed to be getting scissors and Knit Fix. Who knows when my goodies will finally get here!
Plus, I ordered some 16" Addi's from ebay, and havent received them and cant get aresponse from the seller. Those were supposed to go in my stocking. :verysad:

Stiney
12-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I got Options! :happydance: :cheering:

Plus the Vogue Knitting Ultimate Guide, Vogue Stitchinoary Vol 1, and Epstein's Knitting Over the Edge. (I may actually return this one and get something else. Brother called me from B&N while I was in another part of the mall and I couldn't think of anything else off the top of my head. I'm not wild about the stitches I saw while flipping through.)

JMP, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard! :pout:

cara
12-26-2006, 10:57 AM
I got a set of Denise interchangeables, two Nancy Epstein books! Knitting on and over the edge!!!

I got some gorgeous wool and a felted bag pattern. i also got the coolest thing....

Knitting needles with tips that light up so that I can knit in the dark! will be perfect for camping!!! hahah. !!!!

I also got a yarn cutter, a set of crochet hooks, and two knitting magazines!!!

My mom is a wonderful seemstress and she gave me the fabric and the pattern for a great project tote and an IOU for making it for me. she just didn't have time to get it done before yesterday!!!
YAY!!

:cheering: :cheering:

nadja la claire
12-26-2006, 11:09 AM
My honey gave me the Reader's Digest Knitter's Handbook, Chick Knits book which I really like although some of the stuff is really basic it has some very nice patterns and I like the clear explanations of some of the techniques. Both books are FAB :woot: :woot: I also received hand made stitch markers :woot: :woot: and oh gosh I can never remember the name of this patter :doh: :hair: It's the headband in the latest issue of Knitty from my DIL and I love both gifts :heart: :heart:. Thats it for knitting. I did kind of break my yarn free diet. I ordered the sock kit that KP was offering for the Holidays for a friend for Christmas and while I was there I ordered some Andean Silk for myself because I've been really good and I really wanted to get it to make something for myself, which I've yet to do and my DH is always telling me I should make something just for me. So the yarn was kind of a Christmas gift to myself. Do you think that counts as breaking my "diet"? I hope not. :teehee:

Nadja xxx

Shandeh
12-26-2006, 11:33 AM
The only knitting item I received was a gift card to AC Moore. :shrug:

I got mostly computer games and gift cards and money.

Andrea
12-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I got a spinning wheel a couple weeks ago, so that was my main Christmas present.

My DH got me a gift certicate to one of my LYS and The Knitter's Bible from Claire Crompton.

My Momma got me a miniture spinning wheel made for a dollhouse so I wouldn't forget what my main present was :teehee: She also got me the Knitting Day by Day calendar, and the grape Jordana Paige Knitting Satchel :happydance:

My brother had me in our grab bag and got me GC for Knit Picks and the same LYS that my DH got me a card for :happydance:

My family knows better to get me yarn as I'm a little picky :wink:

Very happy knitty Christmas for me! :cheering:

nonny2t
12-26-2006, 11:47 AM
From my son and dil I got knitting yarn (see pic of felted bag at Whatcha knittin') a beautiful saute pan, a bunch of kitchen odds and ends I ask for, fuzzy slippers, a cute little coin purse, these wonderful mixing bowls that have a handle, pour spout and rubber bottom so they grip the counter (yeah, I am a big cooking nut)

From my grandson, I got a set of three candles. He always buys me candles every year. He is required to purchase gifts for his grandparents with his allowance so I get candles and Jack gets a package of mechanical pencils because he does puzzles.

My dd and sil got me a beautiful set of crystal candle holders for my dining room table, a set of framed photos of their family, a yummy big cinnamon and apple slice candle.

As I've said before, Jack an I take our Christmas budget for each other and put it into savings for our yearly trip to Vegas. That way we can go longer and fly first class.

It was a nice Christmas, but I am glad it is over. I need to get focused on losing weight!

Faye

susies1955
12-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Too many to list "SO" here are the knitting goodies I got for Christmas.

Edited by the Mod Squad to reduce picture size :waving:

brendajos
12-26-2006, 12:22 PM
my goodness Susie that is a good knitting haul! (And i most certainly can't complain about my four little balls of fun fur can i?!) ;)

losnana
12-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow!!! :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering:

Sounds like we were all VERY GOOD this past year!!

I also received a Doodle-loom (for making pom poms) and a Knit-wit (for making flowers) from one of my secretaries. Has anyone ever used either of these?

Momwolf, I just noticed your name is Julie. Happy New Year from another Julie.

Best Wishes to all for a wonderful and prosperous and knitting-filled 2007.

jodstr2
12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
the SnB page a day calendar from Denny, 6 skeins of Kureyon from rmturtle to start my stash for Lizard Ridge, and a check from my FIL to buy yarn.

sara_jayne
12-26-2006, 12:39 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Everyone got such great knitting stuff!!!!

I got the Sensational Knitted Socks book, Big Girl Knits book, Knitting Over the Edge book, a blocking board, the Jordana Paige Knitter's satchel in graphite, the Knitting-Pattern-a-day calander, and 2 hanks of yarn for a lace shawl. The one thing I really wanted was the blocking board so I'm super excited about everything else!

AnreeAce
12-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Susie, good gracious! Allow me to faint on your behalf! :thud:

I got gift cards to Borders & Amazon... knitting books it shall be!

feminine_earth
12-26-2006, 12:49 PM
I got Knitting Without Tears from the husband! :happydance:

Krystal
12-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, seems everyone lucked out big time with the knitting haul! That's awesome! My mom still isn't sure I'll "stick" with knitting, so she kept the knitting based gifts to one, and got me a really pretty blue diaper bag, that can be used to keep all my yarn and projects in. :heart:

kellyjo32
12-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow to everyone's gifts!! DH got me a ball winder and my FIL made me this!!! He made it out of Black Walnut, and there are two frames for it, so it will accomodate any size hank! I love it, love it, love it!!! It works so well, we've wound so many skeins the last two days!! My mom got me Wrap Style and Ellyn Coopers Texas Big Horn (http://www.dknitting.com/bighorn.htm) for one of the shawls in it! I'm in love with this yarn! It's gorgeous in the hank (so I'm not winding that until I'm ready to use it!)

mwedzi
12-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Where's the green-with-envy smiley? :biting: Dang, Susie! And look at that handmade swift! I didn't get anything knitting related. :( You guys' gifts look so wonderful! I'm still envious, but happy for you, so we'll put in a big green smiley. :mrgreen:

I got a coat which is nice for a southern CA winter (where I am now visiting family) but is laughable for a Chicago winter (where I live), and some money, which will promptly be used for yarn for my sock swap partner, enough to afford being able to go to dinner with an old friend from school, and food for the next week or two. so envious of others! time to remind myself there are a lot who didn't get what I got and to be thankful!

hedgehog
12-26-2006, 03:31 PM
hmm.. well, i didn't get anything knitty, but i did get something incredibly crafty that i wasn't expecting!

My whole family pitched in and bought me all the tools and ecoutrement for making my own glass lampworked beads like these click here (http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=7255) or these click here (http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=36)

I'm sooooo excited!! I got everything i needed - the torch, goggles, glass, propane everything. AND they found a little desk and refinished it so i'd have a workbench. I am WELL CHUFFED!! I can't believe it! I had been thinking of signing up for a class but it was not in any immediate plans and i had no equipment...It was a "someday i'd like to do this" kind of idea... They had no clue what it entailed to get the set-up and equipment so they collectively did the research for what was needed. I had no idea they would do this for me.

I am loved :)

-hh

losnana
12-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow, hedgehog! How imipressive- I can't imagine making something like that. Please show us the results when you've made some. I just noticed you're reading the Gabaldon books. Don't you love them. I've read all of them except the last one. DH gave it to me in hardback last Christmas, but I haven't read it yet. I had just finished re-reading the series and am waiting to forget enough to read it all over again. I think I'm about ready.

hedgehog
12-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, i love this series of books. i love the way she writes and her characters are wonderfully 3 dimensional - you WANT to know what they're doing or thinking. superb! :heart: (thanks for reminding me to change my signature - i'm on the third book now!)

As for the glass - i'll post them when i can but it'll be a long time before i have something more than just an amorphous lump of cooled glass! Heh!

-hh

kniftyknitter12
12-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I got:
Knitting pattern-a-day callendar
How To Knit A Sweater From The Neck Down DVD
The Knitter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements
The Knitter's Handy Book of patterns
99 Knit Stitches
The Little Box of Knitted Throws
Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Vol. 1 (I think thats the title)

Carol_OH
12-26-2006, 05:24 PM
ooh what great goodies!!!

What I got for Christmas wasn't really yarn related, but IS art related - my DH built me a little art studio in the basement!!! YAY!!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

JGM
12-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I got a $50 KnitPicks gift card :cheering:

lissalue
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
i have been getting christmas presents from my dh for a while now, and there are a few that didn't come yet, but i will do my best to list them here.

10 skeins of noro kureyon
10 skeins of a prett blue and purple sock yarn
10 skeins of a pretty self striping sock yarn
knitting stitch a day calender
two more knitting stitch pattern books
two tubs for storing my yarn

my stepmom got me:

stitch n' bitch
some crochet books
$20 michael's gift card which i used to buy a stitch counter and some wool yarn for felting

i think that is all, but i am not sure.

Ronda
12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Among other things, I got Scarf Style by Pam Allen. I got a ball winder. I got a $50 certificate to Knit Picks! I also got the pattern for the felted clogs and the felted sheep that a lot of you have already done! That was all from my parents, and I was very pleased! :heart:

stagebear
12-26-2006, 08:33 PM
i got The Knitting Answer Book and Knit Fix.

and i got a new digital camera, so now i can post pics!

Ronda
12-26-2006, 09:14 PM
i got The Knitting Answer Book and Knit Fix.

and i got a new digital camera, so now i can post pics!

I was thinking of getting Knit Fix! What do you think of it?

KellyK
12-27-2006, 03:02 AM
I have Knit Fix and I think its a GREAT book. Even for more experienced knitters. I bought it as soon as I saw that it tells ya how to fix an incorrectly-crossed cable from several rows up...

The only knitting-related pressie Ive gotten SO FAR (still have to get together with my family) is the S&B knitting calendar.

Rorshach
12-27-2006, 03:08 AM
well it wasn't too bad of a Christmas for me, the things I received were:

Set of KnitPicks Options (absolutely love this gift, will probably take these to my grave)
Knitting pattern a day calendar
couple of T-shirts
Dragon keychain
The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner (which I'm currently devouring)
and a Sudoku puzzle book.

Lieke
12-27-2006, 03:36 AM
no knitting supplies for me this christmas, but I got a really great dress from my boyfriend, a new hair dryer (I really needed one) some scrapbook supplies, a dvd of the pirates of the carabean 2 :drool:

Ronda
12-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks, Kelly! I'll definitely order Knit Fix now!

psammeadred
12-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Apparently Santa thought I was good this year...

Royal ball winder and swift
Subscription to Creative Knitting
Three balls of Sockotta
Size 2 Clover bamboo DPNs

MrsSquirty
12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
well my mum gave me a stitch holder as a stocking filler.. and my sister came home from work with two mags that were knitting related (one that is teaching you to knit a throw square by square and teaching you different stitches for each one) and the other had a dvdd with it i think (not christmas pressies jsut because she felt like giving them to me lol)

and my best pressiei was a "joint" one for me and DH and t hat was a POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST at half past 6 on christmas morning (im due spet 2nd 2007)

lindsay
xxXXxx

psammeadred
12-27-2006, 11:36 AM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a great Christmas present!

MrsSquirty
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a great Christmas present!

lol thank you :)

kellyjo32
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Congrats Lindsay!! How exciting! What a wonderful present! :cheering:

Jax3303
12-27-2006, 12:10 PM
DH bought me 4 hanks of Malabrigo for Christmas. He got the color velvet grapes, he said because he knows i like purple....lmao. I'm just shocked he went into the LYS all by himself. He said he told the woman working there that his wife was a knitting addict and a fiber whore (yes he actually said that) he said she looked shocked for a second and then started laughing a lot. He said the whole time she was showing him around she kept giggling and saying "fiber whore...I love it".

losnana
12-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Congratulations!!! I hope the best for you and the baby in 2007. DH and DD tool :cheering: :happydance:

SabrinaJL
12-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Congrats, MrsSquirty!

My gifts were-
a bunch of yarn (my favorite being 10 hanks of Classic Elite Miracle)
a ball winder
more Options needle tips and cables
Not Just Socks by Sandi Rosner
Knitted Toys by Zoe Mellor
Cables Untangled by Melissa Leapman
5 sets of bamboo DPN's
a chart keeper
a GoKnit! pouch

I also got some non-knitting stuff.

blueeyes28
12-27-2006, 08:19 PM
I got a book about aran knitting and some Telemark,wota and bare essentials sock yarn from knitpicksand I also have one hundred fifty dollars to spend what should I buy???

mrs desert rain
12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
no knitting stuff this holly-day season, BUT... i did get the full series of Sex in the City -- complete with a pink velvet binder!

oh, and did i mention that it was from my DH? he's a good man!!!

jberry16
12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
I got Sensational knitted Socks and the sequal was preordered, due out 3-26-07 from my dh and a $40.00 gift certificate from my fil and a sea chest (large) from my Dad, he made for me to keep all my knitting related stuff in. I also got some money and bought The knitters handy book of patterns today-what an awesome book!
you can see pics of the yarn stash chest on my blog...up for ideas on what I should call it...anyone have any ideas? you can either post them here or on my blog.

DreamWeaver
12-28-2006, 12:03 AM
My lovely family got me a ball winder, swift, two hanks of Cascade baby alpaca in a pretty purple, a pattern a day knitting calander, a cute knitting bag, and a thirty dollar gift certificate to a yarn store.

I also got a video ipod. I'm so exited about it that I decided to share, even though it's not knitting related :teehee:

i'd rather be knitting
12-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Knitting related:
Vogue Knitting: Ultimate Knitting Book
The Big Book of Knitting

And, my youngest DD made me a beatiful sewn needle case for my straight needles.

madametj
12-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Knitting related:
Vogue Knitting: Ultimate Knitting Book
The Big Book of Knitting

And, my youngest DD made me a beatiful sewn needle case for my straight needles.

oh my gosh. "i'd rather be knitting" is the coolest name ever!

ecb
12-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I got only things I asked for

My eldest daughter MADE ME some hand dipped Beeswax Candles
my SiL gave me 2 sets of very nice candles, one set in tins!!!
my Yougest daughter gave me some candles in Little Wine Glasses :muah:
my sister gave me a $30 certificate to a knitting cataloge :muah:
my Cousin gave me a certificate to my LYS
My Mother gave me a lovely wool acrylic sweater from L L Bean
and my middle daughter, she earned money and bought me a SWIFT :happydance: :cheering:

I knit a mobius scarf/wrap for my Mother
and a set of 4 matching wristers for my Uncle
and stitch markers for all the knitters in my family, including my Young cousins in a Waldorf School, and my daughters too
and myself, I LOVE making them
they are SO pretty, and fun to make

ecb

Shandeh
12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
ecb, you're the luckiest knitter EVER!

losnana
12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
[quote="ecb"] all the knitters in my family,

What fun to have a family of knitters!! I'm working on it, since my dd has started knitting and seems to be hooked already. Her dd is one of the dgds Im teaching, so dd learned so she could answer question.