PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Sale

brendajos
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Okay now that I have been to the store and stocked up on Malabrigo I guess I can tell you about this sale (http://www.personalthreads.com/newsite/sale.htm)! :teehee:

Stiney
12-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I just might have to make my Central Park Hoodie from Malabrigo. :thinking:

Must pick a colorway tonight. :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
I hate you. :hug:

kristinw
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM

This exactly!!!

brendajos
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
:teehee:

slgn
12-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I haven't bought from them yet but WEBS (http://www.yarn.com) is having an end of yaer sale and the prices look pretty decent. Only a select list is discounted and it mostly seems like bulky weight lines... but a sale's a sale, right?

brendajos
12-27-2006, 02:16 PM
that is one thing that is nice with mine...it is absolutely everything that they have in stock...needles and everything (they have a great supply of addis!)

My FAVORITE LYS only puts yarn on sale when they have a sale. That is still great but I wish they would put books and supplies and all that on sale too. Their margins just aren't good enough with the books and such unfortunately.

mintdee
12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Gah I got that postcard and the email which I have managed to stay strong but do you really have to :!!!: torture me further?!?! Dag nabit Bren!

:teehee: :hug:

brendajos
12-27-2006, 02:19 PM
pffft yeah you are tough...it didn't start until today goob! give me enough time and i will do what i can to clear the temptation outta their store...lol

newamy
12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
ARRRGH!! :fingerwag:

You made me buy something! I have never even visited that site before. But I was already wanting to get some Mission Falls for a project and their price was great! I bought 6 skeins.

I want to make a couple teddy bears out of it for this:
http://www.motherbearproject.org/

I read about it in my new Christmas gift, the book Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen. I had some extra Mission Falls colors already but need bear colors and some other good colors for bear clothes.

Well, thanks for finding me a sale, but my husband won't know what to think...

brendajos
12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
oooh i am sorry for making you buy the pretty yarn! :teehee:

They really are a great store...i just don't like how crowded it gets when there is more than 2 people in there! I HEARD a rumor in there today (I think i heard it right but what good is a rumor if it is heard correctly? :teehee:) that they were moving...:shrug: Not today though! ;)

They have people who come in to run orders for people. So I am sure they will be working on yours quite quickly! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
:shrug: I was helpless!!!

nadja la claire
12-27-2006, 04:08 PM

I loudly agree!!!!!!!!!! Darn you brendajos :!!!: It's just not fair! :hair:

:teehee: :hug:

Nadja xxx

newamy
12-27-2006, 05:40 PM
They ARE quick. I got an e mailing saying my order has already been shipped!! woohoo.

VictoiseC
12-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh man geez thanks. I'm over at Amazon ordering a couple knitting books (which I didn't get for a Xmas present) and all of a sudden I'm checking out Malabrigo colours.....!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, so which colour did you get???

And, do you like this better than Manos del Uruguay?

GREAT PRICES. How am I supposed to break this to the DH?

VictoiseC
12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok. grrr Question: can you make something with 4 skeins of the Malabrigo, like a vest. Or is 5 necessary. I wanted to make the Einstein coat out of Manos del Uruguary but someone said this would work too but be softer.

But then I guess I would need um, 1200 yards, that would be 6 skeins I think. I'm love with so many colours !!!

brendajos
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM
the worsted weight is about 215 yards. The chunky is about 65 yards. I do like it more than manos. Not as much of the thick/thin thing going on and way softer. I do like manos, don't get me wrong, i just like malabrigo much better.

VictoiseC
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
thanks brendajos... brenda?

I think I've got to get some...

Ingrid
12-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I placed my order at 3 PM and I got shipping notification at 4:36!!!! :cheering:

jberry16
12-27-2006, 07:32 PM
ok stop me if I'm wrong, but I just wanted 1 skein on Mmmmmmmmmmm and to get it on sale and then to pay shipping it was gonna be $17 somethin' and so I went to e-bay and bought the same thing and after shipping it's only $13 somethin'?!
thanks for the web site Bren

brendajos
12-27-2006, 08:03 PM
hrmmm....not sure what the shipping is since it is only the gas it takes for me to get there and back but i bought both kinds of malabrigo today and one was $8.75 and the other was about $10.

orcoastknitter
12-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Their prices are great, however I thought their shipping prices were a little on the high side ($8.75 being the minimum).

mwedzi
12-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok. grrr Question: can you make something with 4 skeins of the Malabrigo, like a vest. Or is 5 necessary. I wanted to make the Einstein coat out of Manos del Uruguary but someone said this would work too but be softer.

But then I guess I would need um, 1200 yards, that would be 6 skeins I think. I'm love with so many colours !!!

well, um, you could make the sleeveless turtleneck I designed. :oops:
http://knitensity.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-patterns.html

If you can design it yourself, you don't even need a pattern, but yes, you can make something with 4 hanks.

VictoiseC
12-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Mwedzi! Thanks, oh I went to your site but there aren't any pictures of it? I can see the picture of you only. Is that how it's supposed to be?.

brendajos
12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
I think that's her wearing it.

mwedzi
12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
yep, that's me wearing it. :aww:

ecb
12-29-2006, 12:34 AM
you cruel evil woman
I wish i could meet a woman like you up here
heahahahhahahahahahahahaha

sorry, i have shopped
i will be good now

ecb

brendajos
12-29-2006, 03:12 AM
In case you were needing some motivation...Here are Wednesday's purchases and I may have to go back some more! :teehee:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/PTSaleStuffRd1.jpg

Ingrid
12-29-2006, 10:54 AM
:notworthy: :noway: :inlove:

mimi
12-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I just have to know. Do you have specific projects for each yarn purchase? What do you do if you discover, let's say in a few months, that you don't have enough of the same dye lot to complete a project? I just wouldn't know where to start in accumulating my own stash, and how to safeguard against a shortage.

Any ideas?

brendajos
12-29-2006, 12:29 PM
nope...i rarely do. I USUALLY buy two of everything just to be sure...most stuff I make requires less than that so two is always a good bet for me. there is sock yarn and such in there that obviously is planned for socks (if i ever get over my dislike of adult socks...lol) I do stock up on the malabrigo when they have the sales though!

VictoiseC
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Can't see those purchases??? Brendajos.... is it only me?

Oh, I can see the picture of you now Medzwi medzzzz I also forgot how to spell names immediately.

I still haven't purchased yarn, hope some is left...

OH as for that last question about stashes, when I first started knitting I made the mistake over and over of only buying 2 skeins or so (esp if they were expensive) so I have a HUGE BUNCH of beautiful skeins that I now have to figure out how to use, besides the obvious hat scarf etc. What I've been doing is buying yarns that go with those and then I will combine them into sweaters or ponchos or vests. But I happily moved on to buying enough for a sweater. Still it's tricky, like I bought a bunch of natural wool from a sheep farmer and didn't like the way it's knitting up. Just takes time I guess.
To know what you really love working with.

mintdee
01-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I still haven't purchased yarn, hope some is left...

Personal Threads is insanely packed full of yarn. I honestly don't see that as a problem. If you have any doubts just call them. Joe is a master enabler. Thats how I ended up with my Jaeger. (Not that I needed much help mind you :teehee: )

/enabling

brendajos
01-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry, Vic, I had moved the picture in my photobucket account. It is up again now.

Sandra is right. Joe is about the best enabler that I know. I actually don't like going in there unless I have something very specific I am looking for because if i go in and say "I need a DK weight yarn" he will run all over the store pulling things of shelves and putting them in my hands. And I somehow manage to buy them all and wonder how i ended up with all that yarn! :wall:

kristinw
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
oooh, very nice haul Brenda!!! :drool: :cheering: Can I ask what the orange and green yarn are? The ones with different colors? Slef striping yarn of some sort?

I have started a shopping cart there! I made sure to add the felted clogs pattern as I have been wanting to make those.

brendajos
01-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Those are Koigu. I would have to go look but I am pretty sure they are both Koigu Kersti which is a DK weight. They also have Koigu KPPPPM (that might be too many Ps) which I believe is fingering weight. Some of the Koigu strips and some doesn't. I think, from my experience, most doesn't though. Not really anyway.

want2knit
01-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Those are Koigu. I would have to go look but I am pretty sure they are both Koigu Kersti which is a DK weight. They also have Koigu KPPPPM (that might be too many Ps) which I believe is fingering weight. Some of the Koigu strips and some doesn't. I think, from my experience, most doesn't though. Not really anyway.

brendajos, what is that variegated green one on the right next to the solid green one? Is it the Koigu Painter's Pallette? do you have the #? I love that! Very nice haul. The blue/black/pink one on the left is also very pretty.

mwedzi
01-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I really wanna order but I can not get over the block in my head of paying that high shipping. Really, why is it so high?!

brendajos
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
well i don't know, but honestly shipping is high for just about everything anymore. I would agree it is high for one or two skeins of yarn but if you order much more than that, it pretty reasonable I think. :shrug:

dustinac
01-01-2007, 02:57 PM
:waving:

love the yarn!!

brendajos
01-01-2007, 02:58 PM
:waving:

love the yarn!!

aah look who's home! Hope you had a good trip!

dustinac
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
:happydance: we had a wonderful time.. it went by way to fast... Roo didn't want to leave Yogi (her grandpa) this morning.. she made mom and me cry... :pout:

I forgot about the sale.. :teehee: I have more Christmas money to spend....

mwedzi
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
well i don't know, but honestly shipping is high for just about everything anymore. I would agree it is high for one or two skeins of yarn but if you order much more than that, it pretty reasonable I think. :shrug:

are you from the south eastern quadrant of the US? that use of "anymore" was new to me until recently.

i think i will have to pass on shopping here. same for rams wool. those two places have the highest shipping i've seen on the net, and my mind won't let me get over it. i've had stuffed shipped quickly from overseas for less!

brendajos
01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
are you from the south eastern quadrant of the US? that use of "anymore" was new to me until recently.

okay not quite sure how to take that. I am from closer to your neck of the woods than the southeastern US.

aaaaaaannyway.... more for me! :happydance:

mwedzi
01-01-2007, 03:44 PM

okay not quite sure how to take that. I am from closer to your neck of the woods than the southeastern US.

aaaaaaannyway.... more for me! :happydance:

don't take it as an offence. i'm a grad student in theoretical linguistics and am always curious about stuff like that. actually, i'm from southern CA. i did a little reading on what they call "negative polarity items", words that are usually found around negative words, like "any". I mean, in my dialect, there would have to be some negation (or a question environment) for me to use "anymore", like "they *don't* do that anymore." The use of "anymore" in a positive environment as you used it was one I didn't encounter until a couple years ago. I was just wondering what region people use it in, as the person I first noted saying it was from NC. So I just wondered, is all.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
you're evil.

kniftyknitter12
01-01-2007, 08:10 PM
If I order some yarn that is out of stock will it still be on sale???

brendajos
01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
i don't think so. it says that it is only on supply that is actually in the store.

kniftyknitter12
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
:cheering: I ordered some malabrigo last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid
01-02-2007, 03:58 PM
:!!!: There's no mail today!!!!!!!!!! :!!!:

brendajos
01-02-2007, 04:01 PM
:!!!: There's no mail today!!!!!!!!!! :!!!:

:teehee:

Aww don't be mad. I am sure he didn't mean to die!

Ingrid
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I remember Gerald Ford well and think he was a decent man, though I think I have more admiration for Betty. I don't understand, though, why postal workers get the day off because he died at the age of 93. I have :!!!: Mmmmalabrigo coming!!!!!

mintdee
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Hehehe poor Ingy :hug:

VictoiseC
01-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I remember Gerald Ford well and think he was a decent man, though I think I have more admiration for Betty. I don't understand, though, why postal workers get the day off because he died at the age of 93. I have :!!!: Mmmmalabrigo coming!!!!!

Thats' hilarious. :rofl:

Ohhhhh ok! What a great big colorful pile of yarn you got Brendajos! ummmmmmmmmmmmm goodies goodies goodies

Mintdee (Sandra) I happen to love that particular color you got. I bought some alpaca in that type of pale blue, then I went and returned all but one skein I had opened... thought I didn't like it, then I started crocheting some lace with it, which turned into a shawl, fell in love with the color, went back to the store and it was all gone. Long story. It's a restful color.

kristinw
01-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, considering how much I spent, the shipping charge really wasn't bad. Let's just say I spent more than $150 :oops: ! SIX different colors of mmmmalabrigo!! :cheering: :cheering: I can't wait for it to get here. I may just roll around in it! Oh and I ordered the Felted clogs pattern too.

ETA: And I ordered it last night and got the tracking number today! YAY!!

brendajos
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I ordered the Felted logs pattern too.

really? what are you going to use them for? :teehee:

okay yeah i knew what you meant, it just made me giggle.

kristinw
01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I ordered the Felted logs pattern too.

really? what are you going to use them for? :teehee:

okay yeah i knew what you meant, it just made me giggle.

:roflhard: I edited my post! I think all that malabrigo coming has me in a daze!

brendajos
01-02-2007, 06:13 PM
i was just looking at their list of malabrigo and all those red "call" listings nearly made me nervous enough to have to order some!

I have a friend who is getting married any day now (no he isn't telling when) and i was thinking that brown sugar would make a lovely afghan...because it is malabrigo and sort of as a joke that is terribly inappropriate and one he would completely appreciate. However, before I called them and told them to hold it all, I imagined he and his fiancee hand washing and entire afghan and thought better of it! :teehee:

kristinw
01-02-2007, 07:57 PM
I really liked the Brown Sugar so I got 5 of those!!

VictoiseC
01-03-2007, 12:49 PM
YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME DROOOOOOL.

mimi
01-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I had already ordered some Noro for a booga bag and Malabrigo, posted my order, and then started wondering about Elsebeth Lavold to make a branching out scarf. I emailed Personal Threads and they were so nice, they are putting in the extra yarn, and they called me twice to confirm the color I wanted. What nice people, and thanks to Brendajos for steering us all here!

kniftyknitter12
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
How can I track an order from this site?

brendajos
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
:shrug: i don't order off the site so not sure. My understanding is that they send you tracking info and you should be able to track it by whatever method they sent it then.

kristinw
01-03-2007, 06:00 PM
They will send an email when the order ships.

want2knit
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
brendajos, what is that variegated green one on the right next to the solid green one? Is it the Koigu Painter's Pallette? do you have the #?

brendajos--pretty please....reply, do you have the name and # of that yarn? it's awesome, and I'm thinking about placing an order with the store. Thanks!

Ingrid
01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
:happydance: :happydance:

I was so disappointed when my mail finally came, very late today, and there was no yarn in it.

But I opened my back door to get a book out of the car and UPS had been here!!!!! :woot:

brendajos
01-03-2007, 08:01 PM
oooh i got one of those purple/pink ones! preeeeettty stuff!

kniftyknitter12
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
:woot: :woot: :woot: I got my Malabrigo today!!!!! It's soooooo soft :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

kristinw
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
waah!! I want mine. I'm waiting for 6 different colors (18 skeins total!!)

BinkyKat
01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
:!!!: Dammitt...My dream project of a christening gown takes 20 balls of Dale "Stork" and they have 24 in stock... buy it? wait? aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

madametj
01-04-2007, 09:54 PM
:!!!: Dammitt...My dream project of a christening gown takes 20 balls of Dale "Stork" and they have 24 in stock... buy it? wait? aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

i say buy it and wait till they have more :shrug:

knitstress_tygher
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm on a yarn diet until May, damn you!

want2knit
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
:nails: Why isn't brendajos answering me?

brendajos
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
sorry didn't see your question. it is this one! (http://www.personalthreads.com/newsite/idetail.cfm?ItemID=23308) :thumbsup:

kniftyknitter12
01-06-2007, 10:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay!!!!! I now have a swift and a ball winder to wind up my Malabrigo!!!!!!!

BinkyKat
01-07-2007, 09:18 PM

:oops: bought it... :cheering:

want2knit
01-07-2007, 11:23 PM
sorry didn't see your question. it is this one! (http://www.personalthreads.com/newsite/idetail.cfm?ItemID=23308) :thumbsup:

:hug: Thank you!!

kristinw
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
YAY!! My mmmmalabrigo came! I just LOVE it all! I just want to roll around in it!!!

AnreeAce
01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
gracious....

:passedout:

brendajos
01-11-2007, 10:07 PM
only two more days. i was in there today and found more malabrigo for the stash. and the koigu that i needed for my second pair of knucks.

there are only two days left for you to take advantage of the sale. you have done a great job of clearing out their supply! :teehee:

I was talking to one of the ladies in there and she said they have sold THOUSANDS of hanks of koigu! that's a lotta koigu!

Ingrid
01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
YAY!! My mmmmalabrigo came! I just LOVE it all! I just want to roll around in it!!!

Why, I believe I'm perspiring! :teehee:

letah75
01-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok, I too broke down and bought some. I have to say, their customer service is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! And the shipping? My goodness, I ordered from them two days after I ordered from Knitpicks. I got my MMMMMalibrigo on 1/8/07, and the knitpicks? Still no sighting.