PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Overload

twistedknitter
12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
I have a sister-in-law that works at a second hand shop and for Christmas, gave me almost all the yarn she could collect from there in the last 2 months. Alot of it is the same colors or just slightly different shades of it,... Maroon, Burgundy, Dusty Rose, etc...
What I am attempting is to make my first blanket and poncho and for both of those I need the colors for the Dallas Cowboys for gifts.
I don't really know how to go about all this, and don't have a lot of money to purchase new yarn or for shipping, etc.
I would appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks

oh ya, almost all of the yarn I was given was Worsted Weight.

jberry16
12-27-2006, 09:41 PM
thats real far off from blue and silver/grey- can you bleach it and dye it?

nonny2t
12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Wll, since I know Dallas's colors are Navy and Silver, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding navy and gray. I know you mentioned $$ as a problem, but I would certainly check out dollar stores and places like that for yarn. They won't be the best, but they will knit up ok for stuff like blankets. You can check Walmart, too as they have their own brand I think and it is a decent price. You can always go the route of some of these ladies and do the Goodwill, Salvation Army, yard sale looks for old sweaters of that color you can rip out and use the yarn or dye it. There are lots of ladies that dye their yarn here that could help you if you decide you want to do that. They can tell you what to look for etc, so just ask!

Good luck!