PDA

View Full Version : New Dress for Lexi


GrandmaLori
12-30-2006, 11:26 PM
I was so inspired to see lizzitude's post of this dress that I decided to try it too. Many techniques which have always been less than nice in my knitting seemed to come together this time. I actually figured out how to pick up stitches around the armholes without getting big holes!!! :happydance: The dress is kinda large right now, but little Lexi will wear it in the spring and it should fit fine. I used Caron Simply Soft in the color lemonade. It was just in my yarn bin, and now TA-DA, it's all done.

Judy Lamb's Baby Dress / Christening Gown

sara_jayne
12-30-2006, 11:32 PM
It is PERFECT!! She looks wonderful in it!! :heart: :heart:

DreamWeaver
12-31-2006, 12:02 AM
she looks SO CUTE :inlove:

Georgiasmama
12-31-2006, 12:59 AM
OMG I Love that dress! you did a great job. and its in my FAVORITE color!

gardenmommy
12-31-2006, 11:10 AM
She's a little ray of sunshine! Cuteness!

Jan in CA
12-31-2006, 01:32 PM
That is so pretty!

psammeadred
12-31-2006, 04:31 PM
And now I know what to make with the oodles of bright yellow sportweight I bought while my brain was on vacation! It's a beautiful dress, and it looks so pretty on her - what a cutie-pie!

lizzitude
01-01-2007, 08:52 AM
It is lovely! I worked on mine for months - I can't believe you got it done so fast!!!!

ecb
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
that is SO beautiful
I can just imagine the baby toddling around in it
thanks for sharing

ecb

nonny2t
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
How adorable she looks and what a beautiful job on the dress!

mks22300
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
She looks so adorable and what a beautiful colour! :heart:

GrandmaLori
01-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. After doing this pattern, I have decided to knit it again (I do that with a lot of patterns, I always get a better job the 2nd time around).
THese are the changes I am making:
for the top half, I am using size 5 needles, instead of size 6 like it says. THe dress seemed to turn out W-I-D-E.

When I picked up stitches around the armholes, this time I picked up just 41 instead of 46, and the sleeves are a lot more reasonable, not so puffy.
I added 1 additional buttonnhole in the neckband in the 2nd last row ((there was a bad gap there in the first dress).

In the skirt, for the chevron lace pattern, I decided to add 1 row of plain knitting between each lace row all the way through the skirt, instead of just during the last few repeats of the pattern. It goes much faster because you have 1/2 of the rows where you knit fast and don't have to count and concentrate. It also shows the pattern more clearly, in my opinion.

Hope this is of interest to anyone thinking of making this dress. The best change was toning down the sleeve puffs. I thought they resembled the dress on Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend in my first attempt. :teehee:

Lisa Kay
01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: Oh, I love it! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Off to find lizzitude's post of this dress...