PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Philadelphia PA?

*KnitPixie*
01-01-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't think any knitters from this forum live around me :verysad:

stagebear
01-01-2007, 12:15 PM
i'm from south philly.

Roseanne
01-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I am from Northeast Phlly.[/list]

*KnitPixie*
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
so wherabouts are you both from? If you dont want to write it on the forum pm me. I am from fishtown, but Im more like a country girl in personality :teehee:

Deeknit
01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Ladies, I will be in Philly for a meeting in August.....I would love to take a a side trip to a local yarn shop.....

TyroneMinx
01-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Philly (Delaware County), spent many happy summers with my godfather in Olney and lived for a couple of years in Overbrook. I now live in Northern Ireland, but at heart I'll always be a Philadelphia girl.

nadja la claire
01-18-2007, 06:45 PM
:waving: I live in Glenside, about 15 miles NW of Philly. I work in Center City and sometimes I shop at Rosie's Yarn Cellar and I love A Tangled Web in German Town.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

danique23
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi!
I work in Philadelphia and live in South Jersey. I've been to Rosie's a few times but there are also about 4 great yearn stores right accross the Ben Franklin in Jersey. I also take a really good class at a local High School. I've only been knitting for about four months but I love it and have completed about 5 projects already. I also sew, quilt, rubber stamp and scrapbook; I'm a bit of a craft whore :oops: !!

betcook
01-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi There!

I'm a transplant to northern Bucks County but grew up in Lawndale. Hilltown is north of Chalfont. It's beautiful out here, but I miss the convenience of living in Northeast Philly. My daughter lives in Wissinoming and my other daughter just moved from Port Richmond to Langhorne.

I love to knit, crochet, and quilt. Lately our family has had a run on new babies and I've been busy making baby blankets. Right now I'm getting ready to make a sweater for my grandson who is 3 1/2. I just bought a Krafty Knitter Loom Kit and I've been playing around with it. Michael's has them on sale for $10 so I thought...why not! It reminds me of those pot holder looms we all had when we were kids but it seems to do a whole lot more... :cheering:

Well, guess I better get busy knitting. Hope to "talk" to you all again soon! :muah:

Rose662
02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I'm near Philly. I live in Southern New Jersey (raised and married here). I was born in West Philly.

I'm a crocheter and beginner knitter. I run my own crocheting and knitting group that meets twice a month. I'm also a scrapbooker and run my own scrapbooking group.

ecb
04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I M coming to philly
leaving tomorrow am
will be there tomorrow night
will leave tuesday night
would love to meet anyone (if I have time)
I will be at Radnor Hotel for brunch
its a good all you can eat, if a bit pricey (near Villanova? NAWH)

I will be knitting

ecb

uplate6674
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
I live in Southwest Philly.

witchyknits
05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi there! I live in Langhorne and have a club that meets every Tuesday night. E-mail me if you would like to come.
TyroneMinx - where in Olney? What school did you go to? I grew up at Front and Cheltenham - not far from you!

Betcook - does your daughter knit? She could come to my club!:happydancing:

~Sharon

nadja la claire
05-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I live in Glenside, but I grew up in West Oaklane and my mom lives in Olney. Where's Langhorne?

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

knitcindy
05-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm in Burlington NJ and would LOVE to find someone near me!!!

knitcindy

witchyknits
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Langhorne is in Lower Bucks County. Between Oxford Valley Mall and Neshaminy Mall (if you're a shopper that should help ;-) )

~Sharon

D
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm also in Philly:) South Philly, currently, but raised in Center City. I previously worked in a great yarn store on South St. (I miss going to the Knitting Circles, too, I've been a slacker with knitting lately :x) I'm attempting to get out of a knitting funk.

Anywho, it's nice to meet my fellow neighbors here at KH. :)

threesmom
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm in South Jersey - about 45 minutes from Center City. I went to grad school in Philly, though, and grew up visiting relatives weekly in the Northeast, and always shopping in South Philly. Nice to know there are some kh'ers around!

*KnitPixie*
08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Funny thing I started this post a long time ago and forgot to follow up on it:eyes:I just realized nadja said shes been to Rosies yarn cellar and I live like 15 min from it. I have shopped there quite a few times myself. How much do ya wanna bet we were in there at the same time lol:)

stagebear
08-25-2007, 10:51 PM
i havent been to rosie's yet, but nangellini has some really nice stuff right now. she just bought some stock from 2 stores going out of business.

threesmom
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Where is nangellini? I know where Rosies is, but haven't gotten there yet. Sounds like I might be having to plan a Philly yarn crawl!

stagebear
08-26-2007, 07:08 PM
it's on south street between 8th and 9th - so not too far away from rosie's.

cinnamon_girl
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow, how nice to see some Philly action on the KH board. I work in the city but live out in Montgomery county.
A friend and I just made a lunchtime excursion to Rosie's this past week and we've been to Sophie's (love her cat!!), but I'm not familiar with nangellini's. I'm going to have to check that out.

nadja la claire, I pass through Glenside every weekday on the R5 :)

Spikey
08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Lots of Philly knitters around here. Maybe we can get Nadja out for a knit-nite, when she is ready.

threesmom
08-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I was thinking about that too - I'd be willing to keep track of all of us who are interested, and then attempt to get us all to meet when Nadja is up to it. PM me if you're interested.

Sunny_Singer
09-07-2007, 03:16 AM
I live about 1 hour from Philadelphia in PA.

cinnamon_girl, I live in Montgomery County too.

Sunny_Singer
09-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Are any of you still active on KH or am I the only SE PA member left?

stagebear
09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
i dont know about everyone else, but threesmom and i are still active

threesmom
09-30-2007, 04:58 PM
:waving:Yup, here I am! Spikey is still around here someplace too.

cinnamon_girl
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Me too!:waving:

Spikey
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Here I am! Thanks, threesmom, for remembering me.
Have any of you ever been to Ewe and I in Bryn Mawr www.eweandi.com ? It is my LYS and they have just started having Knit Night Out on Wednesday nights, from 6:30-8:30, with BYO drinks and snacks.

A few friends from my knitting class and I have been talking about going. Maybe next week.

Anyone interested?

Spikey

Spikey
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
:woohoo:That post just moved me up from "casting on" to "ribbing the cuff"

Thanks, Philly Girls!

nadja la claire
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey guys!! :waving:Hey cinnamon_girl. There's a really great LYS right in downtown Glenside called Stitcher's Dream and Stephanie's has moved to Jenkintown, but Stitcher's Dream is the best and I'm not just saying that because I'm going to be teaching some classes there next year. Everyone if you want to just sit back and knit or crochet and feel at home Stitcher's Dream is the place. They also have stuff for sewers and quilters.

RosemaryM
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Hello everyone! I just joined the forum this evening. I'm from Philly too! I live in South Philly a few block below the Italian Market. It's so wonderful to find people in my area who knit. Just wanted to say hi and I hope I'm not too late to join the Philly knitters post. :knitting:

*KnitPixie*
10-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Im still here too:teehee:Im lurking

Spikey
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Never too late, RosemaryM, welcome to KH!

Hope all the Philly folks are enjoying this beautiful weather.

Spikey

nadja la claire
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Philly gals I've been PMing Spikey, threesmom and stagebear about doing a LYS of the month thing. Stagebear, threesmom and I met up at Sophie's. Maybe in November we could all do a meet up at Tangled Web or Stitcher's Dream.

D
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Rosemary, you're quite close to me. I'm down by John's Water Ice. :)

Rienaomi
11-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I am from West Philly/University City.

I am also a relatively frequent haunt of Loop on South Street near 20th. I've been to Rosie's once but have not been to the others.

I have too many WIPs and am feeling scattered.
:pout:
Rie

Sunny_Singer
11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I am in Montgomery County. I can get to almost any where in Philly, but SEPTA out my way runs weird at night.

Has anyone considered any day time get-togethers?

Just wondering.

knittinqueen
11-16-2007, 12:51 PM
im not from philli but i am from glenrock

chee7e
11-19-2007, 01:54 PM
In in N. PHilly! Would love to be part of any knitting groups.

shellieg
11-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site. I'm really enjoying reading the entries from other knitting lovers. I live in Lancaster, PA but was born in Wynnefield and went to Overbrook High.

Spikey
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Girls,
Welcome!
We've been talking about getting the Philly KHers together, but no definite plans yet.
Anyone interested? It is so busy right now, but maybe after the holidays...

cinnamon_girl
11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I'd be interested after the hectic holidays!

SteveDallas
11-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I live in Delaware County, just west of Philadelphia.

Spikey
12-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi Philly!
We need to be back on the first page. Let's get some action around here :yay:

Best wishes to all for a wonderful 2008!

Anyone want to help plan a PhillyKH Knit Nite?

SteveDallas
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Wow, I thought I had single-handedly killed the thread!

I'd probably attend something like that, but I have too much on my plate to consider planning it.

cinnamon_girl
01-03-2008, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=SteveDallas;1034541]Wow, I thought I had single-handedly killed the thread!

No, that's usually my job! :wink:

I'd also be interested in attending if we can find a central location.

*KnitPixie*
01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Me too:wink: Theres been so much talk since I first posted this topic and I didnt even know it:teehee:

nadja la claire
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Philly!
We need to be back on the first page. Let's get some action around here :yay:

Best wishes to all for a wonderful 2008!

Anyone want to help plan a PhillyKH Knit Nite?

You know I'm up for it. Just let me know where and when. My DIL is a member of the 3rd Street Ravelers and they meet at High Grounds on 3rd and Spring Garden Streets on Tuesday nights maybe we could do a combo. What do you think?

MadBad
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi, I live in Haverford. I just made a big mistake on a blanket I am working on. I need help! It would be great to find a knitter in my area.
Pat

MadelineM
01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Yayy Philly! I was born in West Philly and grew up in Jersey, but now I'm BACK as an undergrad at Penn. I LOVE Loop...planning on going there tomorrow actually!

Sunny_Singer
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
I live in Mont Co. not in Philly. I'm not sure I can join in something at night, the SEPTA runs out my way after 6pm kind of... stop going regular and the drivers seem to turn around before they reach the end of their routes. But daytime would be great :)

a.shin.grace
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Wooooot!!!!

I'm in West Philly, lived in CC for a few years still hang around the city every once in a while.

Yeah Philly!!!

I heart Rosie's Yarn Cellar.

nonni
02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
I just joined this site this afternoon and tonight saw the Philly thread, so I had to put in my two cents. I grew up in South Jersey (just 20 minutes from the Walt Whitman), live in Montgomery county, my DD and SIL live in Fishtown, and I attend NYU on Thursdays and Fridays so I'm doing some of my yarn shopping in NYC, for this year anyway. Loved Sophie's, at least the last time I was there. My "go to" knitting shop is in Lansdale. Go Phillies!:woot: Nonni

Spikey
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Philly Knitters,

My DH is a professional musician, and he is playing in Phoenixville this Friday night, at the Steel City Coffee House (http://steelcitycoffee.stores.yahoo.net/fr3dake9pm.html). It is also the first "First Friday" celebration of the year, but it is supposed to rain and I'm concerned that no one is going to be out and about.

If any of you Montgomery or Bucks County folks are out that way and are free on Friday night, a great local musician could use your support!!!! Of course, I'm biased, but you can hear some of his songs on his website http://www.darrenkeith.net (http://www.darrenkeith.net/), on itunes, or on myspace http://www.myspace.com/darrenkeith, and decide for yourself.

Thanks so much!!!!! :muah::hug:

twoxover
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi!
I work in Philadelphia and live in South Jersey. I've been to Rosie's a few times but there are also about 4 great yearn stores right accross the Ben Franklin in Jersey. I also take a really good class at a local High School. I've only been knitting for about four months but I love it and have completed about 5 projects already. I also sew, quilt, rubber stamp and scrapbook; I'm a bit of a craft whore :oops: !!
Danique--

i'm also in south jersey...and a very new knitter! what shops would you recommend???

thanks!

betsey

joaniecomelately
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Philly people,

Just logged back on after a long time. Caught the Philly thread and want to put in my 2 cents.

I'm in the Chadds Ford area and coordinate the shawl ministry at my parish.

You all have named yarns stores I've never heard of or found in the directory (online, that is) A yarn crawl sounds like a super idea...as soon as I used up my stash - NOT!

For you folks in the Bucks County area, there's a great shop in Perkasie, PA, Lillie's Yarns.

Down here in Chadds Ford's way, we have the Garden of Yarn in Chadds Ford (Old Ridge Village Shops) and Wool Gathering in Kennett Square, PA - a great, friendly yarn store.

Anyone in my area that wants to join our shawl ministry group, we meet at least four times a month, with two meetings a month in the Barnes & Noble Book Store in the Concord Mall, Route 202,Wilmington, DE. - 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. You're all welcome.

Jo - :knitting:

OTN: 3 different shawl projects. Just finished one and gave it away yesterday.

stagebear
05-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving Philadelphia at the end of the month. I've decided to move back to ND to be closer to family.

threesmom
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving Philadelphia at the end of the month. I've decided to move back to ND to be closer to family.

Best wishes for a safe and easy move:hug:

Gepard
06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Late addition but I'm from 'bout an hour outside of Philly, in Pottstown.

Spikey
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome, Gepard!

Spikey
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Philly Knitters!

As many of you are aware, knitters from KH have been collaborating to make blankets, lapghans, baby blankets, & preemie blankets for some time now.

The Oddball Baby Blankets project has become so huge that Shandeh has broken it up into regions, and I am lucky enough to be helping to organize the Northeast region.

Our worsted weight blankets are going to Bridgeport Hospital, in Connecticut.

We've just arranged for the Special Delivery Unit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to be the recipient of any preemie blankets that we make. For those not familiar, this is a brand new, first-of-its-kind center specifically built in to allow women carrying babies with congenital heart disease or other serious congenital malformations, as well as women whose babies undergo surgery before they are even born! They are doing amazing, life-saving work. More information is available here: http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=85487 (sorry, don't know how to make pretty links )

The purpose in reaching out to you all is to increase our numbers for these terrific projects. You can see the list of current projects on our blog (link in my sig below) and on the NE knitters thread: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81357

If any of you are interested in participating, please PM me with your address and we'll get you on the list. All are welcome, and new ideas for blanket themes are greatly appreciated.

One other really cool thing is that they asked if we could help them find local knitters who could teach some of their patients to knit. They get the occasional patient who is on prolonged bedrest, either after fetal surgery or because of premature labor. They do have a nurse/midwife who knits, and I'm usually around, but they might need more folks willing to show someone how to knit from time to time. They'll provide the supplies.

Any South Jersey/SE PA knitters interested in teaching basic knitting?

Thanks for reading this.

threesmom
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd love to. What a way to spread the knit love - and help some moms through some probably trying times ... Keep us posted - and I'll pm you anyway.