PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Sweater

Lilsea
01-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I have been dying to make this sweater for my baby, but the seaming was just so intimidating. My first sweater was a reglan sweater with short sleeves...no problem..I made that about a year and a half ago. Well, I decided to cast on and I did it! I got the pattern from www.lionbrand.com (it's the kimono sweater--wrap style--under the baby knit patterns). Not too bad I think. I'm going to be knitting this sweater, along with a hat and booties to give as gifts to 2 friends having babies in the spring :) The first picture is of the sweater, the second is of the baby wearing the sweater.

I'm also known for modifying patterns, so the next sweater I'm making, I'm going to do about 4 rows of garter stitch to prevent the rolling on the bottom. I'd also like to add a fur trim to it, so that will be easier if the hem is not rolled. I'm also going to add a couple more rows to the sleeves.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/all4my5/wrapsweater.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/all4my5/wearingsweater.jpg

Lilsea
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh, and the only mistake I made was the p2tog tbl...I was doing it all wrong when I came online to look up how to do it. I did about 6 rows that I had to rip and when I put the stitches back on the needle, they were on the wrong way (which is really hard to tell on a purl row), so you can see the "line" from that around the waist.

sara_jayne
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
SOOOOO adorable!!! It is absolutley perfect!

blueeyes28
01-01-2007, 10:48 AM
:heart: :heart:

Lilsea
01-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok, I resized all my pics in my photobucket album, redid the codes and they are still coming up 640x480. Any ideas?

psammeadred
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Wow! That's a beautiful sweater (and what an adorable little baby!).

For resizing photos, try www.resize2mail.com

nadja la claire
01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! How SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! The baby and the sweater are both adorable!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Nadja xxx

nonny2t
01-01-2007, 07:51 PM
She looks so beautiful in it!

MarDi
01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow, it's a lovely sweater, and your baby is so beautiful!

AnotherBecca
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Both the sweater and the baby are so sweet! I saw this pattern the other day and wanted to give it a shot... now I think I'll have to!

Pixywhispers
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
What a lovely sweater! And what a precious baby girl!

Pixywhispers
01-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I forgot to ask, what did you make yours out of?

AnreeAce
01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
:inlove:

Gorgeous!

Jan in CA
01-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Awwww that is adorable on her! Your baby is so cute!

mks22300
01-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Awww your baby looks so sweet in her beautiful sweater! :heart:

cara
01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Gorgeous sweater, even more gorgeous baby girl!

Dare I ask how you ever find time to knit with 6 children?! :thud: My husband and I want four and I don't know how I'll ever knit then!!!! I guess in the middle of the night or while nursing?! :)

Mariblue
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Wonderful job on the sweater, your baby looks adorable in it! :heart:

Lilsea
01-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I forgot to ask, what did you make yours out of?

I used Bernat Satin. Our local Rag Shop has it for $2.49. Two balls is plenty for it.

Thanks for all the compliments on the sweater and the baby. Of course I think she's just the cutest :) :)

It's funny, the pics are now automatically resized! I was so worried because in photobucket, they are resized but weren't showing up in my posts. I'm happy they are now :)

It was a real fun sweater. I'm now making a sweater, hat and bootie set for a gift (actually, I need to make 3) LOL. I want to knit a pair of longies (pants), but I need to find the magazine with the pattern in it and see if I can do it.

Cara...I always find time to knit, even if it's only 10 mins each day. For a while, I lost my umph, and just didn't have any incentive. I don't knit while nursing yet...baby just moves around alot and I'm afraid I'll poke her (although circulars would solve that problem wouldn't it LOL).

It's my therapy. My children love to watch me knit...and my 2 dd's want to learn although I'm having a heck of a time teaching them (they are 5 and 6). When there's something you are passionate about, you find the time :)

Pixywhispers
01-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks Barb.

I agree with "only" 4 kids I still have to knit a bit to keep my sanity. I think with the more kids I have its even more important to be able to do something for myself. Momma needs to have her identity other then just caretaker.

Kaydee
01-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Beautiful! Sweater and baby.