PDA

View Full Version : easy afgan pattern

mrs.hre
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
does anyone out there have a easy afgan pattern with just knit stitch, no purling or different stitches. thanks maggie :hug:

nadja la claire
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi Maggie,

The 1st afghan I made was just garter. I used Bernat Boucle verigated and size 17s. It's soft and warm and quick and easy.

Nadja xxx

mrs.hre
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
i want to make it a tighter stitch. do you think 11 or 13 would be ok. the 17s seem to be to big. how big did you make it and how many did you cast on. maggie

Mulderknitter
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
maggie-
I would use size 13 circs, long cord length, and cast on about 60 stitches and make about 4 to 6 big squares and stitch them together. Even though you want to do simple garter stitch, you could then be creative and do each square in a different color. My thought is that if you do a bunch of squares, you can do as many or as few as you want to make the size you are looking for :shrug:

five_six
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Even though you want to do simple garter stitch, you could then be creative and do each square in a different color. My thought is that if you do a bunch of squares, you can do as many or as few as you want to make the size you are looking for

I did this, as one of my first projects, and made a beautiful QUEEN size blanket for my 2 year olds bed (yeah, she's spoilt i know... woulda killed for a queen size bed myself at that age!!), turned out beautiful, but took me absolutely MONTHS to do the finishing on the piece, i would piece one length together, then put it aside... i ended up with 80 squares all together and i tacked them every third stitch, then had to go back and do the 'final' finishing every stitch... took ages :wall:

But it looks pretty now!

DreamWeaver
01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I would suggest this one (http://www.chroniclebooks.com/Chronicle/excerpt/0811848884-e3.html) it looks nice, and I think it'll be fairly easy (although, looking at five_six's post, maybe not ^_^;; )

suzeeq
01-02-2007, 02:03 AM
If you do the squares sewn together version, you can alternate which direction you sew them together so it would look like

- | - |
| - | -
- | - |

or something like that...

sue

Rorshach
01-02-2007, 04:46 AM
You might also check out the Winter's Night afghan out on Lionbrand.com, as it's all in garter stitch. I've knit that one before, though it was a big learning experience for me. Will probably make another as soon as I get money to get the yarn again.

nadja la claire
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
i want to make it a tighter stitch. do you think 11 or 13 would be ok. the 17s seem to be to big. how big did you make it and how many did you cast on. maggie

I would use 13s. I can't remember how mant stitches I CO. I didn't follow a pattern I just CO as many stitches as I could fit on the size 17 straights. I used four or five skeins. I'm sorry this was before I realized that counting stitches and writing things down was important :doh: :oops:

Nadja xxx