PDA

View Full Version : Oh no....

HamaLee
01-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I've been knitting for about a year or so and I've never used any nice yarn. Partly because the LYS near where I was living is stinky and partly due to cost.

Well...I just started a new project with Suri Merino from my new LYS and guh....oh my, heaven running through my fingers. It's sooo soft and delicious. And this isn't even top of the line yarn or anything! It's just not RedHeart/Encore/etc. Yummmmm.......my poor wallet is in for a shock.

Ingrid
01-01-2007, 10:49 PM
:fingerwag: Be careful!! Fine yarn addiction is a slippery slope, indeed. . .

DreamWeaver
01-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Yarn is our crack. I'm sorry to say it, but you're doomed :teehee:

HamaLee
01-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Yarn is our crack. I'm sorry to say it, but you're doomed :teehee:
:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: :eyebrow:

Hey, at least CRACK isn't "our crack." Hehehehe....yes, that's what I'll tell myself. I could have far more dangerous addictions. Mwahahahah....

Mulderknitter
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
:roflhard: I bought 2 skeins of malabrigo and am afraid to wind it because I'm afraid that seeing all that beauty will make me go get more $$$$$$

KnitClickChick
01-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Now you're hooked for life! My first really nice yarn was Elsebeth Lavolds Chunky Al... it was all downhill from there. Hard to stay out of the LYS... the very expensive LYS. But doesn't it just feel so good?! xxx

feministmama
01-03-2007, 01:49 AM
I've been knitting for about a year or so and I've never used any nice yarn. Partly because the LYS near where I was living is stinky and partly due to cost.

Well...I just started a new project with Suri Merino from my new LYS and guh....oh my, heaven running through my fingers. It's sooo soft and delicious. And this isn't even top of the line yarn or anything! It's just not RedHeart/Encore/etc. Yummmmm.......my poor wallet is in for a shock.

welcome to the club :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

cara
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Yay!!! I LOVE yarn!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

I am SO addicted.

the first step is admitting it right?!

Angelia
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure admitting it is a good thing here...we're just a bunch of enablers who'll say "oooh, if you love THAT, then you have to try THIS!" Then someone posts about a sale and we're off...It never ends! :happydance: