PDA

View Full Version : I finished my first sweater....

Chrissie
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
and this is what I learned. :oops: :teehee:

*Just because my bust is a certain size doesn't mean that a sweater knit to that size will fit the rest of me - I need to learn short rows and knit a sweater one or two sizes smaller next time.

*Kitchener stitch isn't so hard, but I still need practice.

*I should pay attention to the KALs and knit the neckline of the hourglass for a few more decrease rounds to make it more wearable.

*Even though I can compensate for row gauge being off, I should have tried to actually get closer to it when I swatched.

So I have an Hourglass sweater....an oversized one rather than fitted. But it is nicely shaped so it doesn't look dumpy. I haven't blocked it yet so I might try to stretch it downwards a bit to make it narrower. So I've gotten the first sweater out of the way....on to bigger and better things!!!

DreamWeaver
01-02-2007, 12:05 PM
way to go! :thumbsup: I'm working on my first sweater too, isn't it a great feeling when you finally have it (even if it is too big :teehee: )

Webigail
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Congrats!

Can you share a picture?

I'm planning on working on my first sweater soon, but I think I'll start with a pooch sweater first. (Our terrier won't notice if one side is swagging where it should sway :lol: )

Chrissie
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
As soon as it is washed and blocked I'll take a picture. I'm actually okay with it being too big, now....I need a warm cozy loose sweater to hang around the house in.