PDA

View Full Version : Booga bag

mimi
01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I am about to order from Brendajo's "Clearance Sale" post and need to know if I can use Noro Silk Garden in making a Booga Bag . Will it felt as well as Noro Kureyon?

Thanks.

brendajos
01-02-2007, 04:47 PM
No...it will felt some, however the 45% that isn't animal fiber won't felt. It can give an interesting texture but it will not be completely felted.

They do have a LOT of Kureyon there. I almost got suckered into buying 3 balls of colorway 95 because i LOVE those colors. But then i remembered how much i don't love Noro. :wall:

mimi
01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Why don't you like Noro? Do you think it is ok for a Booga Bag? - The Kureyon , I mean.

brendajos
01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
it is perfect for it. The original bag was made from it, in fact (The pictures you see with the instructions are the 95 colorway.) I just don't like the feel of it. I WANT to love it. It really is great when it is felted but i don't like it much in its original form. And that makes me crazy because the colors are outstanding!

sara_jayne
01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
The Kureyon does felt wonderfuly! I used it for a Lucy bag and have more for another project. The colorways are stunning. I, like Brenda, didn't enjoy knitting with the yarn though - it broke on me a few times and it was itchy to knit with but it was perfect for a bag so since it was a quick knit I was okay with it. I got more because of the colors and it was super on sale! :teehee:

mimi
01-02-2007, 04:55 PM
OK, you both convinced me, I am on my way to ordering the Kureyon for the Booga Bag and some Malabrigo just because . Brendajo should be getting a commission for all the people who are buying through your suggestion!

brendajos
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
lol nah the more you all buy, the less inclined I am to go back and buy what they haven't sold! ;)

mimi
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
What is a Lucy bag?

sara_jayne
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
What is a Lucy bag?

Here is (http://www.blackberry-ridge.com/lucybag.htm) a place where you can buy the pattern.

They are a great, unique knit!

Sanibelle
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I have made a bunch of bags with Kuryeon - they all came out great. I gave them to my friends as birthday gofts last year - everyone wanted one. I think you will be really happy with it - it felts great and there are so many colorways to chooses from.

I did make one last month out of a soy yarn - I ran it through the washer just once - not even a long wash and it came out so small - I would never make another one from that yarn. I gave it to my 8 year old neice to keep her camera in... all that work fo rnothing :(

Have fun with your booga bag!