PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy update

Cristy
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey guys--I've been lurking around for a while and not talking much but the last few days I've had some time and spent time reading posts and actually commenting a little and I forgot how much I miss you guys! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New year! I've gotten a couple of PMs from folks who remember that I'm due to have a baby soon so I thought I'd give an update.

It's a boy (which is very exciting since my 4 yr old is a girl) and he's due Jan. 28th. I have consistently measured 3 weeks further along than my due date so last Friday they decided to do an estimated fetal weight ultrasound to see if he's just big and to make sure that everything is okay. Well, I apparently have an affinity for moose babies b/c they estimate that he is 8 lbs 3 ozs (last Friday) and I was just hitting 26 weeks the next day. They did tell me they could be a pound off and when I started to assume he was only 7.3, they reminded me that he could also be 9.3!! LOL!! They want to repeat the ultrasound next week to get an average of how much weight he is gaining per week (should be between a half a pound and a pound) and if he has reached the 10lb mark then they will definately induce and possible offer me an elective C-section. I'm not one for major intervention and I know we have a lot of folks on here that are very pro natural birth but I assure you guys that I have no doubt they are making decisions in our best interest. I almost was forced to have a "C" w/ Julia after 23 hours of labor b/c things weren't really progressing well and I was almost to physically exhausted to continue. My water had broken the previous day (not leak I tell you...gush) and we both were running a fever. I don't want to go through all of that again so I will definately let them induce--the "c" I haven't made up my mind about yet. So I'm doing well--a little nervous and VERY ready to loose the insane amount of weight I've gained--I can't wait to see my little boy. We had a 4D ultrasound a few weeks back and it was awesome--we know he has hair and a nose that looks remarkably like dh's already. We could also see that he got dh's gene for having the second toe longer than the first! Anyway--thanks to you guys who have asked about me and yes, I'm still around--just lurking more than talking!

dustinac
01-03-2007, 06:41 PM
:hug: I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.. I'm sure the dr will make the best decision for you both... my son was big 10 lbs and 9.8 oz... its hard to have one that big and cause he was so big I had to have c-section with my girl.. which I was glad cause coming 2.5wks early she was already almost 9lbs :teehee: :heart: :hug:

nadja la claire
01-03-2007, 06:44 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Congrats for the little or should it be BIG boy.:cheering: :cheering: My GS was 10.3 when he was born and I don't need to say that my DIL had a C-section. My DIL was disapointed because she wanted to have a natural birth but sometimes you just have to say maybe next time. I hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending good vibes. :pray:

:muah: :hug: :grphug:

Nadja xxx

Cristy
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
My girl was 8 12 so I'm not shocked that #2 boy is big too. I'm a little glad that they will take him early--I'm so heavy and so tired of being pregnant!

I work for the school system so I've been out for the last 2 weeks for Christmas break. It's been nice--I was hoping to have him before I'm due to go back so I wouldn't have to return (I'm due to go back on Monday so there is still some hope I guess...)

dustinac
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I think the last 2 months are the hardest to be pregnant... I didn't feel the glow anymore.. I just wanted to feel my feet again... :rofl:

melissa.atkins
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats on the little one! I am sure everything is going to be ok... I am happy you got to have the 4d ultrasound, I have heard wonderful things about it.
Let us know how everything goes... :)

Cristy
01-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I certainly don't feel a glow...I told dh last night that I think this is all a cruel joke...I'm not really going to have a baby--it really feels like he'll never get here (dh says he'd be trying not to tell me but I really just have a bad case of gas!! LOL..!!). My daugher keeps asking when we are having Aaron's birthday (that's baby's name) and I keep telling her soon. Her patience is wearing thin and so is mine! I guess I'm spoiled b/c dd came 19 days early on her own--I was secretly hoping for the same thing. I'll technically be full term on Sunday of this week (completed 37 weeks and beginning #38). DD told me today when I picked her up from preschool that she thinks his birthday is going to be in two days....

Ingrid
01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I remember those final weeks--I don't envy you carrying that huge babe on top of your bladder :teehee: --maybe I do, just a little.

He'll make his appearance when he's good and ready, of course, and who knows? It could be any minute or two weeks late.

All the best of everything to you and your family!!!

jodstr2
01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
hope everything goes smoohtly for ya, Cristy! :hug:

mks22300
01-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm so glad that every thing is going well Cristy and hope your little man will be along shortly! :hug:

cara
01-04-2007, 09:36 AM
My husband and I are just about ready to try for number 2... but man.. I DO NOT MISS being huge and bloated. the cuteness of being pregnant wears off somewhere around month 7. haha.

Best of luck and lots of love to you!

earthchick
01-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey Cristy! Thanks for the update! How exciting to know he'll be here soon (though I know that "soon" may not be as soon as you want). I can remember how long those last few weeks seemed.

Best wishes for the labor and delivery. I look forward to seeing a birth announcement on here sometime soon! :cheering:

Cristy
01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Ingrid--it's killing me--I can't see your little bitty type or find a way to make it larger!!! (you should see me squinting at the computer--you have to remember that my belly is so large that I can't get as close as I used to!!)

Thanks guys..I'll make sure to post something on here once he comes...

Jan in CA
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Ingrid--it's killing me--I can't see your little bitty type or find a way to make it larger!!! (you should see me squinting at the computer--you have to remember that my belly is so large that I can't get as close as I used to!!)

:teehee: You can use the magnifying glass in FastStone Capture (http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm) OR just click quote and the small text gets large in the quoted part. ;)