PDA

View Full Version : Elusive Scarf Pattern

dplantlady
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi All,

Hoping someone here may be able to help...

I *know* I've seen a pattern for a scarf that I thought was really cool. I thought for sure I bookmarked it, but can't find it now <sigh>...

It wasn't all that long, but the 2 ends were interconnected! I think it was done by doing I-cord on either end, weaving the I-cords together, then picking up those stitches on either end and knitting for another couple inches on either end.

Has anyone else seen this? :shrug:

Diane

Shandeh
01-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Was it a moebius scarf? Sometimes "moebius" is spelled different ways. Try a search on google for that.

dplantlady
01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Nope, not a mobius (or however it's spelled)...

More of an ascot-type thing that could be worn to good advantage under a open-fronted suit jacket or dress coat. Not too long, say about mid-chest length, and it would be put on over the head as it's connected as mentioned before. It'd have a finished shape kinda like all those ribbon things you see on people's cars, with the crossing section being the interconnected I-cords.

Diane :waving:

SandraEllen
01-08-2007, 02:13 PM
ooh ooh. I know that scarf. it was like a rose pink color.

maybe take a look in the FO Forum.

EDIT: I just took a look and I think i found the post (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332041&highlight=scarf#332041) but it looks like she took down the pictures because she's going to submit the pattern somewhere. Maybe you can PM here and she if she actually is going to.