PDA

View Full Version : umm.. any Crocheters out there??

dustinac
01-08-2007, 10:15 AM
:rofl: I was at wal-mart this past weekend and seen this scarf (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5149027).. it wasn't on clearance at the store so I was surprised to see the price online.. and yeah I could just order it.. but I thought why not try to crochet this?? and I can only basically do enough crochet to get me by :oops: anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of a pattern for the flower or close to it.. I've googled to see if anyone did a copy cat of it but couldn't find one.. and I went to CPC but :thud: of all the choices... Thanks for any advice :happydance:

newwooley
01-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Leisure Arts has a book which includes dimensional motifs thats called "99 Floral Motifs to Crochet" and #77 looks like it would be similar. If you have a Joanns or Michaels by you, I'd check it out there.
Good luck!

knit-errant
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
These (http://www.action-hero.net/blog/2004/09/crocheted-flower-pattern.html) look fairly comparable too, if you left the button off.

I think I may make this scarf -- thanks for posting it! :)

aineepooh1
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Can't crochet but would like to learn~~ :cheering:
I bought a video from Joanns' that has 1/2 kntting techniquest and 1/2 crochet~~ :cheering: :roflhard:

dustinac
01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
:cheering: Thanks!!

:roflhard: yeah I can basically just do sc.. I did make my lil' girl a purse but that was with my mom sitting right there and would fix my mistakes :rofl:

I went ahead and ordered the scarf since it was so cheap.. I bought it online with the .97 s/h cheaper than what it was in my store :teehee: gonna see if mom will show me how to make one next time I see her.. but this way I'll have one to wear till then :oops:

dustinac
01-09-2007, 04:47 PM
wanna know how fast .97 s/h is....

I got the scarf today :thud:

I still plan on having mom help me figure the flower out or something close to it.. that way I can make some.. :teehee: