PDA

View Full Version : Seattleites?

CounselorScarf
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Any other Seattleites out there? We could meet at a Starbucks or something like that, if anyone is interested?

jhelanee
01-09-2007, 01:27 AM
:waving: Hello fellow Seattleite!

What part of the city are you in? I'm on Queen Anne and might be interested in a coffee-shop knit gathering.

~Jennifer

lucy
01-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm a Seattlite too! I'm on the eastside (Rosehill area). I'm expecting my first baby in about a month, so not sure how available I'll be for knitting meetups in the short term, but definitely keep me in the loop!

-Lucy

EDHWoon
01-17-2007, 01:40 PM
:waving:

I am a *beginner* on the Eastside area of Seattle. I have recently joined a knitting group that meets every other Sunday @ 2pm at Bibo's Coffee on Center Blvd on Snoqualmie Ridge (I-90 Exit 25) - Our next get together is this Sunday, January 21. Anyone is welcome to attend if you are willing to drive out to us!

ArtLady1981
01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
I live in Kent. I belong to the South Sound Knitters Guild. We meet at The Knittery in Renton on the 2nd Sunday of every month. 1:30-3:30 pm.
The only adjustments are for Mother's Day, etc. and other holidays that fall on the 2nd Sunday of the month. You are welcome to join us! Let me know if I can put anyone in touch with our President, or, just show up! The first meeting is free...and you can join for 1/2 year, or full year for $15. The dues cover drawings for gift certificates, etc. and other goodies.
We have an annual picnic in Aug, an annual field trip in Spring, and a Christmas party. I have met some awesome knitters, new and old!

CounselorScarf
01-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I had no idea that there are so many of us! I'm in the Northgate area of Seattle, but I work downtown.

I love coffee shops and got through law school studying at coffee houses. Bibo's cafe sounds like a great plan, though I've already made plans for this Sunday. So February 4th would be the next knitting meeting at Bibo's?

Great to see so many replies! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDHWoon
01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
The meetings that we currently have scheduled on our calendars on Snoqualmie Ridge at Bibo's @ 2pm are on Sun, Jan 21 - Sun, Feb 4 - Sun, Feb 18. We have a standing arrangement for every other Sunday at the same time, same place unless otherwise discussed at the previous meeting. Anyone at any level is welcome to attend. :D

Duckling326
01-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello Washington state here! We lived in North Bend(Wilderness Rim Development by Rattlesnake lake) and last year we moved to Shelton.

I started knitting last December and I am soooo addicted to the needles. Check out my knitting blog for my FO's.

pixi stix
01-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Hello there!
I am by Shoreline/ Northgate area and I would love to meet with knitters in my area. I am just a beginner and I am working on my first pair of socks.
Is anyone a member of the North end knitters?

jhelanee
05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
FYI, jeanius80 and I are getting together this Thursday in Federal Way (details here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31733)) and would like to invite everyone to join us!

Besides that, is there any interest in a Seattle-based get-together in the near future?

~Jennifer
(on Queen Anne)

ecuzzacrea
05-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm part of a Renton group.

We meet at the Benson Starbucks - Wed nights 7-10pm.

:)