PDA

View Full Version : FO - Haiku sweater on size 11 needles!

aprilbetty
01-09-2007, 10:09 AM
My 20-month old grandson lives in Boulder, CO. I wanted to knit him a warm sweater, so I bought Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, planning to knit a small size "Family of Cabled Sweaters." Well, the sweater was just too thick in the small size (Child 4), so I frogged it (after knitting the front and back) and started the next size up. I frogged that, too, and looked for more patterns on the internet. I found Haiku (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATThaiku.html) and worked out the instructions for a size 3-4 on no. 11 needles. Here is the finished sweater. My grandson loves it, but does not like to pose for pictures. He calls it his "choo-choo jacket." My dd says that he gets compliments every time he wears it!

New member since Dec. 2006, but first time logging on and first post.[/url]

feminine_earth
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
How cute!! Great job! :cheering:

rorygilmore
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
That is so cute! I love the buttons, my son would too! :cheering:

nonny2t
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
That looks wonderful!

gunnerbee
01-09-2007, 12:30 PM
That is adorable!!

kblue
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Thats wonderful :muah: Great job. I've used that yarn and i personally love it for sweaters and such because we live in illinois. so thick it good and anything that knits up quickly is good too :teehee:

kblue
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Thats wonderful :muah: Great job. I've used that yarn and i personally love it for sweaters and such because we live in illinois. so thick it good and anything that knits up quickly is good too :teehee:

Jan in CA
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Awww! What a cute kid! The sweater is wonderful!

sara_jayne
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Fabulous! He will stay nice and warm! :heart: :heart: :heart:

aprilbetty
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your nice comments. The Thick & Quick yarn really does make a nice warm sweater. The "choo-choo" buttons are from Joann's.

zkimom
01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Lovely sweater!

I'm working on that pattern, too. I'm using Katia Diana and it's coming out nicely except somehow my gauge is all wonky and I think it will be somewhat more like a 2/3 instead of a 1/2 or even a 3/4 :doh:

Oh well, I'm sure it will fit the little girl I'm making it for sometime in her life!

I'll post a picture when I'm done. Right now I'm close to the buttonholes and too tired to do the math so they are evenly spaced. How lazy is that?

Best,
Susan

zkimom
01-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Lovely sweater!

I'm working on that pattern, too. I'm using Katia Diana and it's coming out nicely except somehow my gauge is all wonky and I think it will be somewhat more like a 2/3 instead of a 1/2 or even a 3/4 :doh:

Oh well, I'm sure it will fit the little girl I'm making it for sometime in her life!

I'll post a picture when I'm done. Right now I'm close to the buttonholes and too tired to do the math so they are evenly spaced. How lazy is that?

Best,
Susan

Jaxhil
01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
What a cutie! I love the sweater, he looks so handsome in it and you did a beautiful job. The hat is adorable too.

alicia
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
That sweater is adorble! So Is your Grandson! Good Call on the buttons~

I personally love that Yarn as it is so quick! And If ya knit with two lil ones climbing all over you, Quick is important! :wink:
Great Job! :cheering: