View Full Version : Yfwd ???

01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Is a Yarn forward (Yfwd) the same as a Yarn Over? (YO)?

I think it is as its for an Eyelet, but I just wanted to make sure.


01-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Sometimes it just means to bring the yarn to the front. You can tell if it means that, or if it means the same as a yarn over by looking at the next instruction. If the next instruction is a knit stitch, then yes it is the same as a yarn over.

01-11-2007, 07:20 PM
The whole row is;

*yfwd, k2tog, k1* to end

So I guess it is gonna be a yarn over, to get the eyelet without an increase.

As long as a yfwd isn't one of those stand on your head and put your arm through your legs stitches - I think I can do this!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Yep, you got it.