PDA

View Full Version : OT - What We Do For Our Children!!

auburnchick
01-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

Ok. Here's the deal.

We don't do much for our children's birthdays, preferring to go all out for Christmas. But this year, since my daughter injured her knee (she is a very, very good soccer player with high aspirations) and we want to cheer her up before her knee surgery, we decided to splurge.

DD's 15th birthday is on Monday. I was so proud of myself for finding "THE" backpack (purse-thingy) that she HAD to have. I found the name brand, not-so-cheap, item on Ebay, paid a GREAT price for it and didn't pay too much for shipping either. It's sitting in one of my drawers waiting to be wrapped.

However, yesterday she went online and showed me (I guess to clarify) the backpack she wants (me-thinks she went into my email before I got home and found the confirmation email tucked away).

Anyhow...

And...you got it...I got the WRONG one! The girl decided that the one she showed me before (the same pattern as the knitting bag I received for Christmas) is actually black, and she wants BLUE.

And she says, oh so sweetly, "I didn't mess you up, did I?"

Aaarrrggghhh!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

I calmly replied, "No, Sweetie, you haven't." Aaarrrggghhh!!!!! :grrr:

My husband's response: "Haven't we bought her enough already?"

Uh, NO! ... Considering this was her MAIN gift!!!!!

After she went to bed, I scoured Ebay. There are a few of this particular item up for bid, but the auctions don't end for five or six days. Reminder...her birthday is MONDAY!

So, this morning I spent about an hour trying to track down this item. I finally found it at a store two and a half hours from my house. So now I'm paying full retail + $15 shipping to get it overnight.

Now how many brain cells do they say we lose with every child we raise??? :teehee:

I guess I'm going to hold onto the other bag I bought until Thanksgiving and list it on Ebay.

Anyone want a NICE backpack??? :teehee: